How did you earn your "Ship On A Stick?"

westcruzer

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]I have one somewhere in storage from the Tropicale. Since I was 17 then, I'm sure I did something silly in Camp Carnival. If I remember correctly it involved lip syncing to "I'm Too Sexy". I got a medal for the talent show on the Destiny last year, and a SHIP ON A STICK for the talent show on Fascination this past October. I think I was more excited about that SOAS than I was about the singing or the standing ovation or anything else that week![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I earned my first on our first cruise (Inspiration, August 2007). I entered the Hairy Chest contest, and had to "dirty dance" a woman who was close to 80 years old. Well, pulled out my best Patrick Swayze moves and had the crowd roaring. The elderly lady made sure to say hello to me whenever she saw me on the ship. :o

[quote name='B&JHall']I earned my first on our first cruise (Inspiration, August 2007). I entered the Hairy Chest contest, and had to "dirty dance" a woman who was close to 80 years old. Well, pulled out my best Patrick Swayze moves and had the crowd roaring. The elderly lady made sure to say hello to me whenever she saw me on the ship. :o[/quote]

You gave her a thrill. I bet she dreamed about you that night. :p

I'm lucky to have two:

Won on Glory playing Trivia
Won on Legend playing Trivia (lido deck during day in port)

I proudly display them along with pictures of each cruise! Hope to win again on the Liberty.

I've heard rumor Carnival wants to take them away and hand out medals. NO WAY.

I just got my 6th 24 karet gold, plastic, piece of ship on a stick. All for singing in the "Legends Show", or the talent contest. I also have 10 medals, as they don't always give out the SOAS. I agree that they shouldn't stop giving out the ships, as they are great incentive for lots of folks to participate in the activities. They didn't have any ships on a stick aboard the "Legend" when I sailed her recently, and I'm hoping that isn't an indication of the end for this coveted award. :confused:

"SKY"

Archived