How did you earn your "Ship On A Stick?"

westcruzer

I just read a thread that there was alot of talk about the "Ship On A Stick." It reminded me of how I earned mine.

I was in the shopping area just outside of the Mikado lounge of the Carnival Elation on my Honeymoon in 2002 with my new wife. I was looking at the gold by the inch and out of the Mikado Lounge comes 2 males and a female busting out of the doors. The female came up to me and asked me to come with her QUICKLY! I looked at my wife with a complete puzzled look. She told me it was for a game and she really needed my help. So off I went running with a complete stranger into the lounge.

I get pulled up on stage and what do you know I was now part of the scavenger hunt. So my team won (well they're my team now). This was towards the end of the game and the host asked all the men who got pulled from outside if we would participate in the most important part of the game. So of course we all said yes. Well that's where we all got suckered. They had lots of female items they had hunted for earlier in the game.

So now it was time to dress up the "fresh meat" I mean contestants in ladies attire. Well we took first in that too. Then the final event was a fashion show with the 3 guys dressed as horribly beautiful women. Since my team won first getting dressed the fastest I got to chose who went first in the fashion show. I of course knew what I was gonna do to get the audience laughing so I decided to go last. The other 2 contestants did their best runway walk and poses and the audience was loving it. I decided to take it up a notch. As I got the the front of the stage right in the middle I decided to shake my boobs (well sock filled bra) and turned around and shook my butt. The audience was laughing and cheering sooo loud it made it seem like the other 2 guys were on stage with an empty lounge.

So to sum it all up when the host put his hand over each of our heads for the audience to cheer for the winner I was CLEARLY the winner. And that is how I earned my "Ship On A Stick!"

My wife still has pictures somewhere.

How did you earn/win your "Ship On A Stick"

Grandson and I share one -really his! We were watching the trivia contest and we were helping with answers. so they started a new team and my grandson (11ys) was jumping up and down and wanted to be team captain -so the other people chose him for team capt. Now this boy is SMART and some of the questions were 'oldies' (only old people would know) He had to choose what answer was right - from all us Adults throwing answers to him!!! WE WON!! He later said he knew what the answers were before we all started yelling answers to him!!!!

Next time he is with me!!!!:D

By kissing the cruise director! I was celebrating a "big" birthday with a few of my girlfriends and they made a list of 10 things I had to do before my birthday. One was to kiss the cruise director. I did it at the Captain's cocktail party, crossed it off my list and explained that I needed to get a ship on the stick. So, he hooked my up the next night! Thanks Big Sexy!

We currently have :

46 Ships on a Stick.....

(wish I was kidding, but I am not...it is a sickness)

Oldest son always gets on the first night - trivia

Mine came from the Talent Shows or Legend show

Hubby - trivia

Youngest son (special needs child) - always gets one for being the youngest Milestone Rewards member onboard.

And yes ...everyone one of them are displayed in the game room!!! (along with various metals...)

We currently have :

46 Ships on a Stick.....

(wish I was kidding, but I am not...it is a sickness)

Oldest son always gets on the first night - trivia

Mine came from the Talent Shows or Legend show

Hubby - trivia

Youngest son (special needs child) - always gets one for being the youngest Milestone Rewards member onboard.

And yes ...everyone one of them are displayed in the game room!!! (along with various metals...)

:eek::eek::eek: HOLY COW!!:eek::eek::eek:

I dont do the things that wind up on the tv or on stage, so the fact I finally won a ship on a stick for ping pong ... I was extra proud of it. Usually its too windy to play ping pong and they cancel it but we had a extra smooth cruise ... :D I got it sitting in my living room.

I got my first one on the Glory for playing Game Show Trivia, the one that is on stage with two other people. We got our second one on the Splendor for calling in to the Morning Show and answering one trivia question. My husband called, but I gave him the answer, so we share that one. :D

I dont do the things that wind up on the tv or on stage, so the fact I finally won a ship on a stick for ping pong ... I was extra proud of it. Usually its too windy to play ping pong and they cancel it but we had a extra smooth cruise ... :D I got it sitting in my living room.

Actually, ping pong is one of the hardest ones to win. Oldest son is a fairly good ping pong player and he has only won ONE or TWO that way.

There are usually some very good players on board.

CONGRATS!!!

I got mine from John Heald. He was one of the reasons we chose to cruise on the Freedom this July. I met him before the Captain's party and told him so. He told me to write him a note and he would send me a gift. So I guess I got mine for doing nothing.

IMG_0653.jpg.d3bbb02feb5c5cf01b4e574685b9a4df.jpg

Archived