Prices go up

Redtravel

Actually it started on June the 6th.. 12 days . I don't remember the exact final price but it was closer to $4500 than to $5000 - for a verandah cabin (not the "lowest" kind), with prepaid gratuities and $200 OBC (no airfare) , but I doubt very much if something like that will ever happen again..

Hi Meow, We were on the same Iceland cruise starting June 6th for 12 days as Miriam and her husband. We first started in an aft cabin on deck 7 for about $3,900 a person (170 sq. feet with veranda) but when the rates started to fall and they wouldn't lower the Sunset cabins' price, we switched to the same size cabin on the 6th deck mid ship with a veranda and paid $2,200 including tips and some shipboard credit.

We take it that almostnewtocruise's price refers to per couple, while Shoshona's price refers to per pserson. Is that right?

---------------------------

From Azamara's website, the same voyage for 2010 becomes

12 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise on board Azamara Journey

Compare Now

Destination: Europe. Prices starting from 2,899.00 CAD on 18-Jun-2010

Cruise Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark, Oslo, Norway, Eidfjord, Norway, Bergen, Norway, Olden, Norway, Geiranger, Norway, Molde, Norway, Alesund, Norway, Flam, Norway, Stavanger, Norway, Copenhagen, Denmark

2010 Departure Dates: Jun 18

Below are the lowest fares for the selected saildate of 18-Jun-2010:

Staterooms: Inside Ocean View Veranda Suite

*Prices from: 2,899.00 CAD per person; 3,529.00 CAD per person; 3,529.00 CAD per person; 5,699.00 CAD per person

i.e. $3529 for the cabins you two had. Am I right? And why is the balcony the same price as the windowed?

From Azamara's website, the same voyage for 2010 becomes

12 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise on board Azamara Journey

Compare Now

Destination: Europe. Prices starting from 2,899.00 CAD on 18-Jun-2010

Cruise Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark, Oslo, Norway, Eidfjord, Norway, Bergen, Norway, Olden, Norway, Geiranger, Norway, Molde, Norway, Alesund, Norway, Flam, Norway, Stavanger, Norway, Copenhagen, Denmark

2010 Departure Dates: Jun 18

Below are the lowest fares for the selected saildate of 18-Jun-2010:

*Prices from: 2,899.00 CAD per person; 3,529.00 CAD per person; 3,529.00 CAD per person; 5,699.00 CAD per person

i.e. $3529 for the cabins you two had. Am I right? And why is the balcony the same price as the windowed?

This is a completely different cruise! Norwegian Fjords and not Iceland (as ours was) - so different ports, and probably different pricing.

Also you quote prices in Canadian and not US dollars..

As to prices being the same for windows as verandas - that (I would guess) is an incentive to buy verandas (it;s called "balcony for a price of OV")

Miriam

This is a completely different cruise! Norwegian Fjords and not Iceland (as ours was) - so different ports, and probably different pricing.

Also you quote prices in Canadian and not US dollars..

We were playing with that website to see how it gives different prices in different countries, and somehow it doesn't go back to the usual $. Perhaps we have to clear cookies and start again! The same thing happened to us once before on the Silversea website when we were playing with A$ pricing. These computers have the bad habbit of picking up things that cannot be easily dropped.

------------------------

O.K. Now the corrected version, from Azamara website:

12 Night Iceland & Fjords Cruise on board Azamara Journey

Compare Now

Destination: Europe. Prices starting from 2,909.00 USD on 12-Jul-2010

Cruise Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark, Geiranger, Norway, Lerwick/Shetland, Scotland, Akureyri, Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland, Torshavn, Faroe Islands, Kirkwall, Scotland, Copenhagen, Denmark

2010 Departure Dates: Jul 12

Below are the lowest fares for the selected saildate of 12-Jul-2010:

*Prices from: 2,909.00 USD per person; 3,209.00 USD per person; 4,159.00 USD per person; 5,469.00 USD per person

-------------------------

Do you know when (which month) will they post July, 2011 itineraries? We are interested to know whether this voyage will be repeated in 2011, and if so what is the fare?

------------------------

O.K. Now the corrected version, from Azamara website:

12 Night Iceland & Fjords Cruise on board Azamara Journey

Compare Now

Destination: Europe. Prices starting from 2,909.00 USD on 12-Jul-2010

Cruise Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark, Geiranger, Norway, Lerwick/Shetland, Scotland, Akureyri, Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland, Torshavn, Faroe Islands, Kirkwall, Scotland, Copenhagen, Denmark

2010 Departure Dates: Jul 12

Below are the lowest fares for the selected saildate of 12-Jul-2010:

*Prices from: 2,909.00 USD per person; 3,209.00 USD per person; 4,159.00 USD per person; 5,469.00 USD per person

-------------------------

In the UK the cheapest inside Cat 11 for this itinerary is £ 1580.31pp - around US$2528. Cheaper!

The cruise that I'm watching went up again. There are still hundreds of unbooked cabins. My spouse says to keep waiting...eventually the prices must drop to fill the space. Or, Ill just loose interest and book on something else. The last Azamara cruise I went on had about 500 people even with really reduced prices. Now the prices are much higher..There's still a recession...unemployment is above 10%.. and there are fewer people booking high end vacations. Also, when I spoke to Azamara a few days ago, the agent said that he was alone and hasn't been getting too many calls. He sounded like a nice guy, but he wasn't offereing any interesting deals.

Redtravel: We fully agree with you, and we are waiting for July, 2011 itineraries.

P.S. We are having problems with our computer, and are waiting for a new Dell computer to be shipped to us in the next ten days. In the meantime, if we hardly post, that is why!

redtravel - just curious, are you looking at a Caribbean cruise or a European one? I find the Azamara product in Europe alot more appealing than their Caribbean itineraries but that may just be me. Hope you find the deal you are looking for!

I'm watching a 12 day Caribbean Feb. 15, 2011 on AZ and a 12 day Caribbean on O Jan. 22, 2011. Itineraries are almost identical, O's has one more port. Right now, O is actually $388 less than AZ for the least expensive inside cabin 4035. If nothing great is thrown in after the BIG announcement, I'm going with O. For me, it's all about the price as I consider AZ and O to be equal having sailed them both. When has this ever happened?

Redtravel - I am thinking this is the GCT trip that starts in Budapest and ends in Prague? Well we loved it but in some ways it is quite different than a Med. cruise even on a small ship. To me the main difference(s) were that the food is much more limited on a river cruise but the included excursions are much more extensive. We thought the food on the Buda to Prague was better than the recent one we took on the Rhone and food is important to me on vacation. We have done 2 GCT trips, one O cruise and an upcoming Az 12 night Med cruise - the cheapest one so far, not including air, will be the Az itinerary, with the GCT trips being a few hundreds more. If you do Buda to Prague, I would strongly suggest you go into Budapest early - we really enjoyed that city. I love to travel chat and I think all this is off topic so feel free to email me any more questions you have if you want to consider a GCT trip. Also on the GCT website there are cruise reviews that will give you alot of info on this trip. SueC1@aol.com

There is currently some significant price reductions for various state residents (MA, Washington, Arizona, others) for the cruise I'm booked on, and there may be others.

I don't know if it is for cruises only in the next 2-3 months, or others.

The only way to check is to put in your state of residence.

We are getting a significant OBC due to the price reduction.

Good Luck!

There is currently some significant price reductions for various state residents (MA, Washington, Arizona, others) for the cruise I'm booked on, and there may be others.

I don't know if it is for cruises only in the next 2-3 months, or others.

The only way to check is to put in your state of residence.

We are getting a significant OBC due to the price reduction.

Good Luck!

Interesting. I've never seen resident rates show up and at about half price like that. Still, if it's a great savings depends on when you booked. We are on a diff date but still paying less than the resident rates.

"Just a reminder that rates on AZAMARA are going up next Monday the 14th of December. If you have anyone that is thinking about booking a cruise with us, leaving after April 1st, It will be in their best interest to book now as it will be a great value for them. Your clients rate will be protected at the lower rate and they will be able to enjoy the new enhancements to our product."

So I think April 1st and beyond sailings will get the "goods"!

Jack

"Just a reminder that rates on AZAMARA are going up next Monday the 14th of December. If you have anyone that is thinking about booking a cruise with us, leaving after April 1st, It will be in their best interest to book now as it will be a great value for them. Your clients rate will be protected at the lower rate and they will be able to enjoy the new enhancements to our product."

So I think April 1st and beyond sailings will get the "goods"!

Jack

I looked and nothing else we wish to book because Med cruises for 2011 are not out yet. The only "deals" I saw were Asia in early 2011, but many are doing that itinerary already.

Just received a $200+ reduction on our inside cabin fare for a March 8 Caribbean cruise. We are due to make out final payment and when I asked our TA to check on the rates she checked and gave us the good news.

After today's "big" announcement, it makes sense for Azamara to increase prices . Have to pay for the new perks. It sounds like they are aiming for the really high end cruisers. Some folks think that paying more means it must be better. As for me, I appreciate a good value for the money. However, there are limits. If the prices get too high, I'd rather sail on Crystal or Seabourn.

Over the years I've listened to some REALLY wealthy people speak..

These people definately made more than 300k a year (that was probably in their coin jar)

The one thing that was a common denominator with them and

the people I know, is that ...

NO ONE likes to feel ripped off.

When your investment does not meet the return.

That's why you will still find multi millionaires shopping at Costco and Target...

They don't have to, but they want to simple because of that...

If Azamara doesn't deliver an end product that is equal or surpasses

their competition they will lose.

Now to bring this closer to home for me...

I just visited Hubert Kellers Burger Bar in SFO this past weekend I was fully prepared to pay 20 bucks for my Kobe burger

with add ons since it was the esteemed Hubert Keller.

My expectations were high because it was HUBERT KELLER

Well, sadly... it was horrific.....

What was suppose to be a treat for us and a place to return to in the future ....

is a place I will tell everyone to avoid and recommend that they go to In-n-Out Burger for a far superior product which costs so much less.

Azamara..should take note of this ...if you can't deliver with fares you are charging...no matter what your business pedigree is .....

you will be sending passengers elsewhere.

... [passengers making] more than 300k a year ...
Cruise lines conceivably like to puff up themselves by claiming that their clients are rich and famous. They presumably have no way of knowing what passengers make other than through questionnaires, in which case it is plausible that those who answer may boast to look good, or it may be a "skewed" sample. Rationally, these numbers should be treated as advertisement material and ignored. This applies to all cruise lines and not just Azamara.

Many people do believe that something that costs more must be better. Some just like the snob appeal. In cruising there are many different people. Those who have a lot and spend it wisely. Those who enjoy spending too much ..makes them think they are important. Those who enjoy a great deal....and love to brag about it. Just yesterday, my neighbor told me about a great deal on a Celebrity cruise..it wasn't a cruise that I would go on, but the price was terrific. She was loving the idea of making a great deal...and she loves cruising too. There are all types out there. I live in a very upscale town...lots of money...but I still am very careful with my money. I remember the days when I didn't have any money. I have no problem spending, but I love a great deal. With all the unemployment out there, many people tend not to flaunt their spending.

If you were looking at a cruise on AZ that was going to cost, say $3,000 per person, after Dec 14th it will cost $3,360.00 (12%)

Considering that now, some drinks, will now be all-inclusive, over say 10 days, that's $36.00 a day for wine n pop, IMO, no biggie, are not many of us spending that, or coming close to us spending that already?

I don't see, yet, all the reason for the panic, and all the accompanying lectures

on value (lol) as with a 12% increase, AZ's pricing will still be lower than Oceana and well below Silverseas, etc prices

Now if 12% dwarfes into 40%, that's another story, but we'll only know after Dec 14th

jc

toronto

I got an email alert today that the cruise that I have been watching had increased in price. I also checked prices on other cruises...most are up. I know that the cruise that I have been watching has not been selling. There are hundreds of empty cabins. Does anyone know what's happening? Are they about to announce one of those phony price drop sales. Meanwhile, I just got mail from the competition announcing decreases in prices. As much as I like Azamara, with prices going up, I may switch to the other line.

RedTravel--

My wife and I have become big cruise fans the past couple of years and are no wtaking about three a year. We target a few and then I track the price changes actively. In your AZ post you mentioned one of the trips that you're following has many open cabins. Can you tell me how to find that out, since i agree that it's an important indicator. Thanks, MarcoBeachcomber

First we had the Home Shopping Club. They changed it.

RCCL gives us the Azamara Cruise Club. We shall see.

I liked Azamara - as I said in my review. Still, the dining in MDR had a way to go. Cabins were nothing to write home about. They provide good itineraries, terrific staff and the option to dine outside over the stern and watch the sunset.

I don't know that Azamara was an over-the top-experience. It was very good.

In my personal view, Azamara was a bit hyped and it will be interesting to see if pax will tolerate the new fare regime.

Smooth sailing...

If you were looking at a cruise on AZ that was going to cost, say $3,000 per person, after Dec 14th it will cost $3,360.00 (12%)

Considering that now, some drinks, will now be all-inclusive, over say 10 days, that's $36.00 a day for wine n pop, IMO, no biggie, are not many of us spending that, or coming close to us spending that already?

I don't see, yet, all the reason for the panic, and all the accompanying lectures

on value (lol) as with a 12% increase, AZ's pricing will still be lower than Oceana and well below Silverseas, etc prices

Now if 12% dwarfes into 40%, that's another story, but we'll only know after Dec 14th

jc

toronto

That's the problem. I don't believe there is a 12% increase. Take a look at their web site and do a comparison of lowest staterooms and lowest Verandahs for 2010 and 2011. Try the European cruises which interest most. Someone like Meow! can crunch the numbers. Now look at the Azamara Club web which states prices are 50% off (of what?)

Most of the prices I am looking at for both Asia and Med cruises are $3,500-$5K for lowest Verandah. If that's 50% off than normal prices will be showing at 7K to 10K per person for cheapest Verandah on a 12 or 14 night cruise.

So here's a math problem for you...

which full disclosure..that wasn't/isn't my field of expertise

(unless of course we are talking a clearance sale on top of a clearance sale at Nordstroms..then I'm a whiz!) :D

We booked at 1899 per person PER CRUISE for our B2B category 10

It has now gone up to 2419 per person per cruise

so a total of roughly 2,000 for our entire trip

so back out tips roughly 580.00

so back out daily latte 80.00

we dont drink

we do private tours

Laundry (maybe) 10.00

we leave us with roughly 1400 price increase TOTAL

that breaks down to about 350.00 pp increase per cruise

once you do the number crunch, that's a heafty increase within a 1 month timeframe!!! for a ship that is wide open 1 year out

and keep in mind I was just told I have to PAY for speciality restaurats

Archived