port of Miami questions

giddy2travel

well i was wondering if anyone has left from miami on carnival glory since that's my port and I was wondering what it's like for checking in etc...how early to be there and so on...

also we are staying at la quinta and i was wondering even though they say you can only book shuttle on check in is that true?or can you book early?

my cruise is in dec what's the weather usually like in miami and elsewhere?

thanks

Miami is usually warm all year round....if a very strong cold front dips that far, it's rare, and short-lived. Most likely, you'll be in shorts! Once you're off the coast of Florida, it's summertime!

Generally, you can start checking into the ship around noon... Can't help you with the shuttle---we always use a cab! Cheap $8-10 and faster than waiting for a bus to fill!

Much quicker to take a cab and you don't have to wait for a bunch of people. You go when you're ready.

The La Quinta is a favorite of the taxi-phobic. The primary attractions of the place (unless you're looking for free parking) are the free shuttles from the airport and to the port. Otherwise, this is on nobody's list of the top fifty or sixty miami hotels. Taking a cab to the port defeats the entire purpose of staying at the La Quinta.

We are getting in to La Quinta from a late flight, they told me I could call ahead that same day to reserve a shuttle time. The lady doing the reservations told me by the time our flight gets in (around 10pm) all the earlier times will be booked up. But you can call before you check in, so long as it is on the same day.

Archived