Indy - JS Aft or Starboard for 1st time cruise

djneph

Hey Everyone,

I know this has probably been a topic that has been talked to death here. We will be sailing on the 8 night eastern in Jan. We currently have a JS 7714 (aft). Rooms 1300 and 1302 are available. I have read all about the AFT and what to expect, possible soot problem and some what obstructed view.

I know the AFT JS balcony is larger, but is the room itself bigger or the same size as other JS. This will be our first time in a JS and I am a little worried I may not be an aft man (lol). There will be 3 adults in the room (DW, DW-friend, and I). DW and I have sailed many times, this will be our friends first time. UGH! I can't decide.

We love the aft cabins esp. those on the corners. On some cruises you actually pay extra for them. My DH and I like to toast the sunset from the aft of the ship each night. Plus I always take a large tube of bubbles and pull them out as we leave each port. If there is a problem with soot just make sure you ask the room attendant to please wipe the area down each day. The best reason I know of to take a side cabin is to get closer to the center of the ship to cut down on the motion if someone is sensitive to motion sickness, though most do not find that a problem. I am sure you will be happy with either.

Hey Everyone,

I know this has probably been a topic that has been talked to death here. We will be sailing on the 8 night eastern in Jan. We currently have a JS 7714 (aft). Rooms 1300 and 1302 are available. I have read all about the AFT and what to expect, possible soot problem and some what obstructed view.

I know the AFT JS balcony is larger, but is the room itself bigger or the same size as other JS. This will be our first time in a JS and I am a little worried I may not be an aft man (lol). There will be 3 adults in the room (DW, DW-friend, and I). DW and I have sailed many times, this will be our friends first time. UGH! I can't decide.

I think the three of you might really enjoy the aft balcony..weather will be great and nice to sit and admire the wake view very quiet and private back there.. The room will be the same size as all JS's but will feel larger because of the aft balcony...However #1300 & 1302 are connecting cabins that would be a big no for me..possibility of noise and the feeling of a lack of privacy...IMHO...... not worth it..just as I would never book a hotel room with a connecting door ...Enjoy the 8 night eastern we will be on the INDY again Mar. 2010, our favorite cruise & ship....

I think the three of you might really enjoy the aft balcony..weather will be great and nice to sit and admire the wake view very quiet and private back there.. The room will be the same size as all JS's but will feel larger because of the aft balcony...However #1300 & 1302 are connecting cabins that would be a big no for me..possibility of noise and the feeling of a lack of privacy...IMHO...... not worth it..just as I would never book a hotel room with a connecting door ...Enjoy the 8 night eastern we will be on the INDY again Mar. 2010, our favorite cruise & ship....

Thanks for the info. I did not even think about the connecting issue, have never been in such a stateroom. Thanks would hate to have noise issues.

All cabins of a catagory are identical....so an aft JS has the same sq. footage as one on the side of the ship.

I know thats not true, because the D1 aft cabins on deck 10 (on Freedome Class) are bigger than the other D1. Atleast thats what it looks like on the deck plan and what some folks have reported here.

I know thats not true, because the D1 aft cabins on deck 10 (on Freedome Class) are bigger than the other D1. Atleast thats what it looks like on the deck plan and what some folks have reported here.

Deck plans are not to scale..the aft cabins usually feel bigger because of the large aft balconys......sq.ft. quotes are a close approx. not an exact science on a cruise ship...enjoy your cabin whatever the size... it's all in the eye of the beholder....;)

Archived