Wow a great upgrade

robgvic

I decided yesterday to upgrade my Lido Balcony cabin to a minisuite guarantee. New rate was 899. Just got confirmation of C750-full suite aft. Now I am very excited.

Where can I find all the amenities for a full suite.

Anyone stayed in this suite?

Thrilled

I decided yesterday to upgrade my Lido Balcony cabin to a minisuite guarantee. New rate was 899. Just got confirmation of C750-full suite aft. Now I am very excited.

Thrilled

Most helpful if you shared what Ship you're refering to.

You got a great deal if you are paying $899 a person for a full suite with aft balcony. I just checked it out on the Princess site and it really looks nice. Here's what they say about the extras you get with a suite.

Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus amenities such as a DVD/CD player and free access to a DVD library. Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary web access in the Internet Café, laundry and dry cleaning, use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge.

Have a great next cruise.

Thrilled

Sounds toooo good to be true!Princess NEVER discounts full suites and common sense says they wouldn't upgrade a balcony to a full suite!Why would they????$899pp for a $10,000 suite?I don't think soooooo!!:rolleyes:

Sounds toooo good to be true!Princess NEVER discounts full suites and common sense says they wouldn't upgrade a balcony to a full suite!Why would they????$899pp for a $10,000 suite?I don't think soooooo!!:rolleyes:

Beg to differ slightly, they do discount full suites. I know because I snapped one up the other year :)

Did the OP mean she paid the $899 for the upgrade from balcony to minisuite gty (and was then allocated a full suite) or was the rate the total price? Either way is a great deal. Enjoy every second!!!

Beg to differ slightly, they do discount full suites. I know because I snapped one up the other year :)

Did the OP mean she paid the $899 for the upgrade from balcony to minisuite gty (and was then allocated a full suite) or was the rate the total price? Either way is a great deal. Enjoy every second!!!

Perhaps they did the "other year" but they don't now.I have spoken directly with upper management regarding FULL SUITES and they have confirmed NO DISCOUNTS ON FULL SUITES!

If OP paid an additional $899 plus the cost of the Lido balcony which would be $2500 to $3000 per person total,well,then thats not such a great deal after all!

Perhaps they did the "other year" but they don't now.I have spoken directly with upper management regarding FULL SUITES and they have confirmed NO DISCOUNTS ON FULL SUITES!

If OP paid an additional $899 plus the cost of the Lido balcony which would be $2500 to $3000 per person total,well,then thats not such a great deal after all!

That is not true. Just had a client who sailed last month and got a big discount on their full suite. Price dropped, so they got a nice chunk of their money back.

OP - You got a very nice upgrade. The full suites are beautiful. I don't like the location, but the suite is very nice as are the perks. Enjoy it! :)

We had the cabin next door- awesome views- No sun on the balcony though unless you count the sliver by the railing.

Loved the location-= we peeked in this room since it was empty the week we sailed-- it surely looked awesome.

Congrats on that upgrade, you can't get much better than that. Enjoy!

!

I have not gotten a discount from Princess for booking a full suite (therefore I do not book direct), but my TA discounts them heavily. No way would I consider booking a full suite through Princess without the discounts we receive from our TA. ;)

That is not true. Just had a client who sailed last month and got a big discount on their full suite. Price dropped, so they got a nice chunk of their money back.

OP - You got a very nice upgrade. The full suites are beautiful. I don't like the location, but the suite is very nice as are the perks. Enjoy it! :)

Figures you would say that.PS category is the most sought after cabin on Princess ships!

Great deal,

I'm a TA and I have clients that get upgraded at no cost to the suites, it is the luck of the draw,,, and you got it...you go and enjoy and yes TA's can and will discount suites so always call them before you call Princess,,

:cool:WOW, Wake up and smell the coffee....you are totally wrong. Perhaps you have not traveled enough on Princess to know.:confused:

Congrats on that upgrade, you can't get much better than that. Enjoy!

I have not gotten a discount from Princess for booking a full suite (therefore I do not book direct), but my TA discounts them heavily. No way would I consider booking a full suite through Princess without the discounts we receive from our TA. ;)

On some sailings, Princess does discount the suites quite heavily, then your TA should discount on top of that. For example, a Cat. PH went from $1924pp down to $1424pp cruise only, not including port charges. On top of that, a substantial TA discount was offered. So, it does happen, but it is usually on sailings that are in the off-season. ;)

how do you locate a good TA? I have used 3 TA's in the past and was not happy with any of them. I used a TA for a 7 day on Golden Princess. I made the airline reservations (which were alot cheaper that was she had planned). I made all the airport transfer arrangements, I made all the excursions arrangements. I questioned on how upgrades usually occur and she said Princess would contact her. I had told her if things go well on that cruise I would need help booking a cruise to Hawaii. that was 4 years ago and still have not heard from her. I have never had so much as a card sent to my home or cabin thanking me for using "their service". I live in a small town so if I used someone online how do I know they are reputable?

Archived