Wow a great upgrade

robgvic

Sounds toooo good to be true!Princess NEVER discounts full suites and common sense says they wouldn't upgrade a balcony to a full suite!Why would they????$899pp for a $10,000 suite?I don't think soooooo!!:rolleyes:

That's not true! I just sailed on the Saphire Princess 10/31/09 to Mexico and we originally booked a balcony cabin on the Baja deck. Just 2 weeks prior to sailing we were upgraded to a Penthouse Suite on the Caribe deck Room C415! It can happen! In fact if you read the roll call, you will see that it happened twice! So I know for a fact it happens and let me tell you it was WONDERFUL having and using all those perks! We've had mini before the Penthouse Suite is something else.

Sounds toooo good to be true!Princess NEVER discounts full suites and common sense says they wouldn't upgrade a balcony to a full suite!Why would they????$899pp for a $10,000 suite?I don't think soooooo!!:rolleyes:

First of all, to the OP, a huge congrats on such a fine upgrade.

Secondly, to Pinot, yes, it happened to us too back in 2003. We booked

a Category BB for $734 pp [inclusive of taxes] for the Golden Princess

Caribbean 7-night cruise. We booked in mid-september for a December

5th cruise, and we booked a BB guarantee.

No cruise assignment until 10 days before sailing, and when we checked,

we couldn't believe it -- they'd upgraded us to a VS suite!!

That was only our second cruise on Princess, but it told me one

thing: Upgrades to full suites can and DO happen, and it happened to

us!!

Initially,I thought OP was getting a $5000.00 PS category.I didn't realize it was a slow season 7 day cruise where one could purchase the same for only $1900.00 from their T/A!However,for $899.00,it is a "suite deal".

Great itinerary,although costly air to SJU!Have a wonderful cruise!:D

• 2 weeks later...
I used TA's for years until I realized that I can get better prices by making my own arrangements. What can a TA do that you can't do for yourself?

Tell me how you get reduced pricing from Princess direct?

I saved $976 over the Princess published price on our last cruise by using a large online travel agency which also included another $100 OBC.

Mike:)

I used TA's for years until I realized that I can get better prices by making my own arrangements. What can a TA do that you can't do for yourself?

There is no way you get better pricing without a TA. TAs can offer discounts and/or onboard credit. Princess cannot. You obviously didn't have a TA that discounted before you went to Princess.

Archived