Creases in Pants or Walking Shorts? Out of style?

CruisesOnMyMind

If they're flat-front pants, I don't iron a crease into them. However, like cb, I do have one pair of dressy tropical-weight wool shorts that, despite being flat-front, I do iron a crease into. It makes them look less casual and more tailored.

I haven't even touched an iron in about 7 years! Seriously, anything that I don't have dry cleaned, that I wash at home, I do not iron. I don't own anything that would need a crease and I dress professionaly every day. Not sure that I have noticed anyone in my office with a crease in their pants in years and years!

I haven't even touched an iron in about 7 years! Seriously, anything that I don't have dry cleaned, that I wash at home, I do not iron. I don't own anything that would need a crease and I dress professionaly every day. Not sure that I have noticed anyone in my office with a crease in their pants in years and years!

Ditto!

###

Interesting Topic!

Is it out of style? Oooh, maybe!:p....since not many women wear creased trousers and shorts....uh oh.... Looks like the fashion train may have left the station without me, since I DO crease most of my dress pants, some of my casual pants, and I USED to crease my jeans!!!

I still like the look with professional pants, except in the case of "softer drape" pants. I will have to defer to a style expert on whether creasing is IN or OUT.:p

My ironed shirts always have a sleeve crease. I iron almost every work day. Don't mind ironing at all! I iron my blouse or top, hang it again, then wear a casual top while I do the rest of my morning routine: make breakfast, feed the dogs, apply makeup, etc. Then I pop the blouse on LAST thing before walking out the door. Still gets wrinkled on the commute, though! Wish there were a way to prevent that!!;)

If it has a crease when I bought it, then it has a crease forever. The pants that I've bought within the last several months all had creases. I can't imagine not touching up most things that I wash at home. If I've worn something and it is not dirty or spotted, it is touched up before it goes back in the closet.

I don't put creases in my jeans or some slacks, but if they came with a crease, the crease stays.

I'm the opposite, I iron practically everything, sometimes even if it doesn't look all that wrinkled. I love to iron clothes and love the way it makes clothes feel smoother. I hardly ever send anything out to a dry cleaner.

The only exemption is my knit jersey dresses, they don't need ironing, even coming out of my crammed to the rafters closet :)

Personally I do not like creases in my pants but my mom still puts them in all of hers including jeans. She is 76 and I am 46.

LOL I am right inbetween, so therefore my dilemma. Seems to me most are leaning towards no ironed in seams. I don't have to dress up for work at all so never see what is going on in the real fashion world. I even googled it, but it showed models with little itsi bitsi shorts with no creases,,,,not what I am referring to at all.

I still am undecided:eek:

Oh my goodness . . . I thought I was the only one! Nice to know I have company . . . . :p

When I was in high school in the 70's:eek: my "Home Making" teacher drilled and drilled and drilled into our heads that "LADY'S sleeves DO NOT have creases" and we were taught to use a ironing ham.

I've never seen an ironing ham since and don't care to, I'm perfectly happy with my sleeve creases.

You are definitely not alone! I like to look nice, but I hate ironing with a passion. The way that it comes back from the cleaner is the way I wear it. Nothing like a pantsuit with a creased, crisp look. Me not having to iron it..... priceless!:D

My parents owned a dry cleaning shop when I was a kid and the ultimate no no was a crease in a womans sleave. My mom would huff in discust when she would see someone with it. As far as she was concerned no man should have a sleave crease either so I have also had it drilled into my head and I can't change it. As for pants I agree that if they came with creases that's what stays. No creases in jeans, much to my mom's dismay. She felt all pants should have a crisp crease, even jeans.

You are definitely not alone! I like to look nice, but I hate ironing with a passion. The way that it comes back from the cleaner is the way I wear it. Nothing like a pantsuit with a creased, crisp look. Me not having to iron it..... priceless!:D

I don't have the dry cleaner put a crease in my clothes either, don't know anyone who does?:confused:

With dressy pants, I want a crease pressed into mine. Khakis and less casual pants I iron, but don't need a crease in them. As far as sleeves, I liked mine to have a crease pressed into them. To me it just looks more polished. I like to iron. I don't care if it's considered out of style. I want my clothes to look a certain way. I do hate to see jeans with a crease ironed into them. To me that is way out of style and very 1970's looking lol!

I guess I've disgusted plenty of dry cleaners :) I'm not about to use a pressing ham and my shirtsleeves have creases in them. I've rarely had a dry cleaners press my clothes better than I can and every time we do use them, we have to re-press much of the shirt anyway....not to intentionally put in sleeve creases, but they never get the top of the shirt pressed well.

My husband and I talked about this yesterday afternoon and all we could do was wonder who in the heck cares about a crease or if it is in style. I know I see a lot of mannequins with younger peoples fashions that look like they came off the floor after a few days sitting in the dryer. We both prefer well pressed clothing and I really don't care if people see that I crease my sleeves (I don't wear shirtsleeves often) or my slacks.

I own a tailor's ham (I used to sew). It will not help your avoid sleeve creases except for the part of the sleeve next to the shoulder. To avoid sleeve creases, you need a sleeve roll. I never bought one but used a rolled up magazine. As far as pants, as I said before, if they came with creases, then they should have creases. Anyway who cares?? If that is that is your biggest concern, you are lucky!

Slightly OT, but in college I spent a month in Central America. About halfway through, some of us sent some items to be washed, and one guy's jeans came back not only creased, but starched. That was my sophomore year, and by the time we greaduated, he hadn't been able to wash or iron that crease out. Nothing like creased jeans to make a person feel like he's at the cutting edge of fashion. :p

All of my dress pants have creases and they do hang better because

of that. But my casual pants, capris and jeans usually don't.

Nothing looks better than a cowboy wearing starched wranglers with a

crease.:)

I think they hang better also! I have decided not to put creases in my nicer shorts. Still debating the dress pants though.

I don't have the dry cleaner put a crease in my clothes either, don't know anyone who does?:confused:

Most dress slacks and almost all pantsuits are sold pre-creased, and I love the way it looks (male or female). As a result, the dry cleaners aren't doing anything additional by adding a crease - it's already there.

Archived