Creases in Pants or Walking Shorts? Out of style?

CruisesOnMyMind

Most dress slacks and almost all pantsuits are sold pre-creased, and I love the way it looks (male or female). As a result, the dry cleaners aren't doing anything additional by adding a crease - it's already there.

What? I don't own any dress pants with a crease and I don't own a "pantsuit".

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing looks better than a cowboy wearing starched wranglers with a

crease.

This must be a Texas thang - I agree that nothing looks better than the backside of a nice pair of starched jeans, startched long sleeve shirt, the right pair of boots and hat!! Do you think we will see any on the cruises???

If the item has creases in it why would it be out of style? Ironed clothes are NEAT clothes..and a lot of people's clothes would look nicer on them if they were ironed.

Another woman at my work just yesterday asked me if I ironed all my clothes :confused:. I said yes, the other 2 women in the area also said yes, they always iron their clothes. She said "I never iron my clothes"...I had a burning desire to say "we can tell", but kept my mouth shut.

LOL..it's like I said on another thread..people just don't care if they look presentable or not anymore.

Another woman at my work just yesterday asked me if I ironed all my clothes :confused:. I said yes, the other 2 women in the area also said yes, they always iron their clothes. She said "I never iron my clothes"...I had a burning desire to say "we can tell", but kept my mouth shut.

Nothing looks better than a cowboy wearing starched wranglers with a

crease.

This must be a Texas thang - I agree that nothing looks better than the backside of a nice pair of starched jeans, startched long sleeve shirt, the right pair of boots and hat!! Do you think we will see any on the cruises???

I agree with you!! Maybe it is a Texas "THANG".:D

I agree with you!! Maybe it is a Texas "THANG".:D

It must be, where I live they may look like they are wearing a costume.

On the other hand, so many men, young and old, around here dress like they just rolled out of bed. Baggy plaid shorts, plain white T shirts and flip flops! Many older men wear tropical shirts, untucked to hide their bellies. My husband stopped wearing them years ago, when the old man trend in tropical shirts started growing.

A well dressed man looks great when done with style, whatever that style may be.

LOL.....Kathy, I iron my things too.:)

If I want to wear a top for example, and its creased then I iron it;)

Slightly OT, but in college I spent a month in Central America. About halfway through, some of us sent some items to be washed, and one guy's jeans came back not only creased, but starched. That was my sophomore year, and by the time we greaduated, he hadn't been able to wash or iron that crease out. Nothing like creased jeans to make a person feel like he's at the cutting edge of fashion. :p

Had to laugh at this because my husband did a consulting gig a couple of years ago and was stuck in Raleigh, NC for about two months at a hotel and would send his laundry out to be done.

The cleaners starched and creased a pair of his True Religion jeans. We washed those things about fifty times trying to save them but they finally had to be thrown out.

Archived