Majesty 4 nite- JS vs outside F1

sr5242

Hi, sorry if this question has been asked to death.

we are going on a 4 nite cruise on the majesty (2 rooms). we originally paid $209 PP, and with the current price of $169, have about $240 in OBC. with OBC, it would still cost about $750 total to upgrade to a JS. I am wondering if someone could offer me a comparison between the two rooms (i.e., size, amenities) and their opinion as to whether it is worth it for a 4 nite cruise?

Thanks so much!!!

About double the size, with a tub, that will make the bathroom a few feet larger. PER ROOM...

Do you mean it would cost $750 per room, or for both rooms, to upgrade? Either way,. I'd rather have 2 cabins if you have more than 2 adults....it's simply too crowded (even in a JS) otherwise. Privacy is a good thing, and for 4 nights, you can live without the tub!

we already have 2 rooms- my parents are in one room and my twin 7 yr olds and I are in the other.

It would be $750 total to upgrade both rooms.

If I'm doing my math correctly, that's about $40 per person per day. Seems like it would be worth it - assuming the parents are paying their share. If I was paying for all 5 people I might pass, but for three I would go for it unless I was cruising every month.

The balcony will be nice to have.

Is there a balcony cabin you can go to for less?

sorry if I'm getting this wrong, I don't actually know what an F1 is, but it sounds like it's an outside cabin.

Check the location of the JS against the deck plans for the Majesty on RCCL's web site. We had a JS and it was directly below the pool deck. Very noisy in the wee hours a few nights: staff moving loungers, and a herd of young elephants running the length of the pool deck. Get one near the elevators, because that's a quieter area on the pool deck. You'll below the hallway where the elevators are up on Deck 11.

we are going on a 4 nite cruise on the majesty (2 rooms). we originally paid $209 PP, and with the current price of $169, have about $240 in OBC. with OBC, it would still cost about $750 total to upgrade to a JS. I am wondering if someone could offer me a comparison between the two rooms (i.e., size, amenities) and their opinion as to whether it is worth it for a 4 nite cruise?

Thanks so much!!!

About double the size, with a tub, that will make the bathroom a few feet larger. PER ROOM...

Do you mean it would cost $750 per room, or for both rooms, to upgrade? Either way,. I'd rather have 2 cabins if you have more than 2 adults....it's simply too crowded (even in a JS) otherwise. Privacy is a good thing, and for 4 nights, you can live without the tub!

A JS is nowhere near "twice" the size of an F1 cabin.

The F has 122 square feet. The JS has 173. That's 42% larger.

Yes, there is a bathtub in the bathroom. Your twins will do fine in a JS, because the 3rd berth is a slightly-larger than twin size sofabed.

Whether the extra money is "worth it", only you can say. It would be really nice to keep those extra dollars, and you would have a wonderful cruise in two F cabins. (you aren't, by any chance, on Deck 7, are you?)

Just back from the 4 nighter on Majesty. If your parents are paying 1/2 I would definitely recommend moving up to the Jr. I've done 4 nights with 3 in the F1 and with 2 kids it will be tight.

In addition you will get a mini-fridge in the Jr that I don't think you will have in an F1 (I was in a F1 about 3 years ago and no fridge then) and lots more storage space. The balcony is a wonderful extra bonus to have morning coffee and to relax after a long day in port. As for noise, we were in 1082 towards the back of the ship - next to the funnels and no traffic noise from upstairs.

Either way, Majesty is a great little ship and the crew will take wonderful care of you.

The JS's on Majesty (and Monarch) are all under the pool deck. The further aft you go, the quieter it is. We had 1088 last time, very nice. Close to aft elevator and stairs. And, very near the children's Aventure Ocean.

We've also been in an F1. The upgrade is worth it, if your pocketbook can stand it.

Have a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks so much!!!

Take a look at the SO's on deck 9. I have been on the Majesty many times and like the SO's unless you want a Balcony (& 2 cruise credits) just remember you are in port every day and you dont have much time to enjoy a Balcony.

Archived