Wharf 8 or Overseas Terminal?

bateau bay

I've noticed on the Sydney Ports Cruise Schehue that the Pacific Dawn is docked at the overseas terminal on the 17th December where our tickets say wharf 8.

Has everyone else noticed this and do they know which it is?

I would just ring P&O..i know all Princess cruises go from Wharf 8 (in my opinion is so much better, that way you get to go under the bridge) have a great trip anyway! :)

I've noticed on the Sydney Ports Cruise Schehue that the Pacific Dawn is docked at the overseas terminal on the 17th December where our tickets say wharf 8.

hi, the Sun Princess is sailing from wharf 8 and the Pacific Dawn is going from Circular Quay on the same day

rkmw

We are sailing on the 9th December and arriving back on the 17th December docking in at wharf 8 or the overseas termnal not sure what to tell relatos where we will be?

Is there a pick up point and parking at the overseas terminal?

Hi bateau bay

The Sydney Port Schedule does say that the Sun Princess is booked in at Wharf 8 Darling Harbour and that Pacific Dawn is booked into the OPT.

We are cruising on the Pacific Dawn on the 17th Dec, and at this stage we are heading to OPT to embark.:)

Hope this helps....

Wharf 8 Darling Harbour is not a container wharf.:confused:

Darling Harbour is a beautiful area and it is fantastic to cruise from, and Sailing under the Sydney Harbour Bridge is awesome!!:)

Having said that I am looking froward to sailing from OPT, on our next cruise, because it will be something new for us.:D

Be aware that there is limited parking around the OPT and the surrounding area in The Rocks. You may need to do a few laps before finding a spot.

Though when we left from the OPT, they did let us close to the terminal to dump our bags.

Having sailed from both, you can't go past the views of the Bridge and Opera House from the OPT. It's not everyday you have a view of the Opera House from your window.:)

Sailing under the bridge is good, but I've sailed under it so many times on ferries and other vessels, that I don't seem to get excited about it.:confused:

The upside I found with Wharf 8 is the parking. And it's free!!

The 17th December cruise is sailing from the OPT because I am on it too.

Maybe because it is the final sailing from Sydney there may be some activity for us...who knows.

BTW your countdown does not say you are sailing on the 17th, is that correct?

The 17th December cruise is sailing from the OPT because I am on it too.

Maybe because it is the final sailing from Sydney there may be some activity for us...who knows.

BTW your countdown does not say you are sailing on the 17th, is that correct?

hi kasey, the op says he's sailing on the 9th dec and arriving on the 17th dec

rkmw

From my experience OPT was REALLY slow at embarking passengers with a huge line out the front in the rain, this could have just being a one off bad day for them but the place seemed really unorganised when we embarked from there so i'm going to have to say Wharf 8 which has really fast and efficient embarking as well as undercover lines for check in.

Don't get to go under the bridge or turn around in Darling Harbour from OPT either.

Archived