Carnival Liberty or the Crown Princess

Jetfan1521

Hi...we've cruised the Crown before and are planning another cruise for Jan 2010. I'm debating between the Carnival Liberty or the Crown Princess, because I like their itineraries! Any help would be great. My husband has only cruised once before, and that was on the Crown with me. He absolutely loved it, while I've been on Carnival several time as well as Royal Caribbean. I am looking for cheap this January, as we are hoping a baby is on the way!!!

I'd go with the ship I've not sailed. I was on Liberty 3 weeks ago at this time; enjoyed it a lot. You can read my review in the member reviews section.

Crown has more elegant decor; Liberty's more colorful. Still, I like both ships and would sail both again (even though I have a no ship twice policy! -- so many to sail!) Food's on par, service too, both have outside movie screen, better theater on Carnival (lower level seating-wise: has tables), Liberty has waterslide that I LOVED.

I have been on both ships [within the last year] and I enjoyed both - am having a hard time saying which one I liked better... I am going to have to say The CROWN.:D

The Liberty was great but a little LOUD and we were relieved to get on The crown after that! The food was great on Liberty but excellent on the Crown! I felt the entertainment was a bit better on the Crown and the cigarette smoke was a little worse on The Liberty!

I think what it comes down to are the two itineraries and also if there's a big difference in price!:rolleyes:

Having been on both, I would choose the Crown.

The Crown is less congested, has the different pool areas with freshwater pools, much nicer buffet areas, more entertainment choices, one more specialty restaurant and is a nicer physical ship.

You can have a great time on the Liberty. Harry's Supper Club is superb. Balcony cabins are bigger on Carnival. The main shows in the Carnival theater are better. But the pool area is congested and chair hogging may as well be an olympic sport because it is practiced to perfection on the Liberty. Breakfast buffets are horrible and lunch isn't much better. However, I will say that I preferred dinners in the Carnival MDR to the dinners in the Crown's MDR.

We have great cruises on both. Crown is just my preference.

Id pick the Crown, awesome ship. A step above imo. If Carnival is lots less $, that would affect my pick though... you dont say the differerence in price.

There is only about a hundred dollars or so difference I think. Not much at all. I think I'm going for the Crown again thanks to all of your replies!!!

Archived