GMA a mistake?

DEIx15x8

They used way to many tight shots and missed way to many areas. We never really saw the pools, solarium, promenade, MDR, Studio B, Windjammer, Dazzles, Crown Lounge all of which are basic elements that make up the ship. A few missed features is acceptable but to miss what seems like most is weird. Did we even see the theater?

They did not plan well, instead of nice shots and then walking to or sweeping to another area they just jumped between small shots. The only wide ones seemed to be the helicopter. That 14 minute walk was the part with the most potential and they messed it up. If it was live they would have kept swapping cameras due to the cord length but in a tape they could have even gotten away with one camera. Instead they missed about 80% of the ship even though it was done by tape. When they did the fast foreword it kept jumping, somehow he popped from the solarium to the H20 Zone to the sports deck yet missed the things in between. I was really looking foreword to seeing how well you can move around but they just jumped shots. We never saw how the pool deck connects to the sports deck or how the solarium, solarium bistro, and pool deck are all connected. Just not well done, absolutely no sense of the enormous size of this ship.

I disagree, I think showing staterooms would have been a terrible decision. The truth is they are not trying to show off rooms they are trying to show off the "Wow" factor of this huge ship at sea. Thats why everything shown was stuff that is new to sea like the zipline, central park.

I nice shot of that 2 level sky loft suite would have definitely been a WOW factor for me.:D

They used way to many tight shots and missed way to many areas. We never really saw the pools, solarium, promenade, MDR, Studio B, Windjammer, Dazzles, Crown Lounge all of which are basic elements that make up the ship. A few missed features is acceptable but to miss what seems like most is weird. Did we even see the theater?

They did not plan well, instead of nice shots and then walking to or sweeping to another area they just jumped between small shots. The only wide ones seemed to be the helicopter. That 14 minute walk was the part with the most potential and they messed it up. If it was live they would have kept swapping cameras due to the cord length but in a tape they could have even gotten away with one camera. Instead they missed about 80% of the ship even though it was done by tape. When they did the fast foreword it kept jumping, somehow he popped from the solarium to the H20 Zone to the sports deck yet missed the things in between. I was really looking foreword to seeing how well you can move around but they just jumped shots. We never saw how the pool deck connects to the sports deck or how the solarium, solarium bistro, and pool deck are all connected. Just not well done, absolutely no sense of the enormous size of this ship.

I think the aim was to show people who have never cruised before what is on board. What is so special to see about the windjammer? Or crown lounge?

I agree mostly, GMA's production quality was pretty bad. The planning and coverage seemed even worse.

I really wish it would have been the Today show onboard instead. Their production quality has always been miles ahead of everybody else. Sadly RCI may have not had a choice in who to go with depending on how all this worked out and was decided.

We are booked for Dec. 12, 2009 and can't wait. Waking up at 7a.m. in excitement to watch the airing was a complete waste of my time. They showed almost nothing of the ship. Although to say that I might not go as a result of the show is a joke!! Of course I still want to go for all the reasons I initially wanted to go.

Although, like someone stated, I agree that the show will not attract too many people into a new booking.

I actually took a couple of hours off to watch it this morning. It was about what I expected. A couple of minimally informed talking heads, choppy editing, short video and sound bytes, with a lot of fluff in between. Typical of what news shows have become these days. The fact that ABC is owned by the "Mouse," contributed to my setting my expectations low. Having Captain Wright on screen for less than 20 seconds also seemed disrespectful to me.

Hey, after the amount of time they spent on Oprah announcing her retirement, I was afraid they were going to confuse her with the Oasis. Oprah of the Seas..." :rolleyes: (Biggest thing on TV [i'm referring to her huge celebrity status...I'm not mean...;)]combined with the biggest thing on the ocean)

I set my expectations low, and therefore I wasn't disappointed. It was worth watching, but I would rather have set my DVR instead. At least I got to sit on my sofa with a cup of coffee (all right..., it was three cups ;) ), instead of sitting behind my desk this morning.

Eric

Wow I am watching it now and it is a total disaster, the guy keeps calling it Oasis on the Seas and called the Rising Tide Bar, "The Tides Bar".

Ugh, I would be so mad if I were RCI. You would think they would have given specific scripts for the host to read to ensure names and facts were correct.

Anybody else watch Entertainment Tonight onboard the Oasis? They showed how something like this is done RIGHT and they only had 30min's and half of that was covering Oprah news.

They had beautiful photography and great production quality top to bottom. Now of course the biggest benefit they have is that they pretape everything. But ABC has had a long time to preproduce as much as they wanted with probably even more access to the ship if they wanted and couldn't do it right.

For those of you that DVR'd today, the last half hour of the show, they showed the Aqua Theater, they panned the whole area including the crowd and Chris ( Cruiserccl ) who is doing the live web is front row next to the pool and center waving as they start the segment. Just wanted everyone to know!

He a Great KID ( Young Man).

Mike

My dh, who is super excited to be on January 16th sailing (along with super excited me) said, "if I wasn't already booked on this ship, I'd have no desire to go on her, based on this show."

Very disappointing.

We wanted to see restaurants and staterooms (from insides to suites). Wouldn't it have been nice to show a couple standing on their balcony looking out at the sea, or on their balcony looking over the aft pool and ocean.

GMA, your show was terrible!

OMG!!! I Thought the exact same thing. Booked for 1/2/10 and if I wasn't booked I would not have any desire afterGMA. I think I salivating after the Freedom was on the Today show! We couldn't get on it fast enough.

Wow I am watching it now and it is a total disaster, the guy keeps calling it Oasis on the Seas and called the Rising Tide Bar, "The Tides Bar".

Ugh, I would be so mad if I were RCI. You would think they would have given specific scripts for the host to read to ensure names and facts were correct.

You hit the nail on the head. There was quite a few things stated which were not correct.

Definitely disappointed in the coverage, however, thanks to CC, and some wonderful members, I got to see the things on the ship that GMA missed. Maybe next time around RCI will think a little more clearly and have Today do the coverage....what would have been more amusing than seeing Al Roker fly by on the zip line?!?!

Archived