Monarch wierd shaped rooms, 6000, 6500, 6506, 7000, 7002.....

wasiii

.....did a bunch of searches on these rooms and couldn't find any definitive answers about whether they were larger than a regular OV, how the room layouts were, etc.

These rooms are available on my sailing and I would like to get some info on them from you experienced RCI cruisers.

Thanks

wasiii

I too am curious about these rooms... I booked 7504 for the Dec. 21st sailing and will be sure to post pictures/comments on my return.

If the deck plans are accurate, then these rooms should be a little larger based on the configuration. A few years back I booked one of the odd

shaped forward OV cabins on the Navigator and it was significantly larger as per the deck plan... we'll see if this is true with the Monarch.

Edited by Loyal2RCCL

Ok, we had two of these rooms on the Monarch in April (6000 and 6500). My then 8 y/o GD and I loved these cabins and really enjoyed the extra space. According to RCI, the room is the same size as the OVs, which may be correct but they sure seem larger. The window is bigger than normal and there is a ledge where you can sit and look out. For tendered ports, you will be awakened by the anchor. But we really loved the perspective and who needs to sleep in port anyway? IMO, these are fine OVs. None of us had any problems with motion sickness either and this as far forward in the ship as you can get! DH didn't like the cabins as much as we did. His only complaints were the anchor and crew noises one deck below your window - but someone has to mind the anchor.

• 6 years later...
.....6000 and 6500. The room that I was most interested in was 6506. So if anyone has any additional info they can share on that room it would be appreciated.

wasiii

We've stayed in 6506. Great room except if you want to sleep in the morning at CocoCay. The chains for the anchor are very loud.

As you are looking forward the bed is in the alcove to the left. The area in the centre is all open and the washroom is to the far right. Definitely larger than your normal cabin on Majesty.

I would book this room again.

Edit...didn't see that this post was revived from 2009.

Edited by Ourusualbeach