Just off Oasis!

avalon1025

I agree with most of you...........I like seeing the ocean!! My favorite class is the Radiance Class! Would love to experience Oasis just to see it but I cruise because I love the ocean!!! I'm thinking this one is not for me!!

On the other hand, I hope a lot of other people love this ship because they need to fill it!!!

I agree with most of you...........I like seeing the ocean!! My favorite class is the Radiance Class! Would love to experience Oasis just to see it but I cruise because I love the ocean!!! I'm thinking this one is not for me!!

On the other hand, I hope a lot of other people love this ship because they need to fill it!!!

and I agree with you Patty= I think I will try it in a couple of yrs or more, just to see what it's like, but I do like the Radiance class for the ocean views. Carol

I am just back from the Oasis and I have to be honest with you, I went with a negative thought in mind. I am not in love with big ships but I did like it. The broadwalk was so nice. You could sit out there and watch the water, diving, swimming,a moive,rock climbing,zip line. I could have spent the whole day out there.

They gave me a D1 and that is the only thing I would complain about. It seemed very small to me. The outside door opened out to the hall way. So you had better be dress when someone comes along and opens it. It opens very wide. Not like you can push it in and see what is going on inside. The second thing I did not like was that the plugs for hair dryer and elec. was under the deck and you could not see which way to plug it in. The balcony was much deeper in the D!. That was a nice thing.

I don't know when I would sail on her at the price they are charging but yes this 63 year old will try it.

Cabs,

I've been toying with booking a D1 for a B2B because of the deeper balcony (we usually book aft for that reason). My question is: are the balconies on D1 equipped with loungers or just the same two chairs and small table as most narrow balconies? Thanks, your answer will help me decide. If no loungers then any level of narrow balcony will do for us.

I am just back from the Oasis and I have to be honest with you, I went with a negative thought in mind. I am not in love with big ships but I did like it. The broadwalk was so nice. You could sit out there and watch the water, diving, swimming,a moive,rock climbing,zip line. I could have spent the whole day out there.

They gave me a D1 and that is the only thing I would complain about. It seemed very small to me. The outside door opened out to the hall way. So you had better be dress when someone comes along and opens it. It opens very wide. Not like you can push it in and see what is going on inside. The second thing I did not like was that the plugs for hair dryer and elec. was under the deck and you could not see which way to plug it in. The balcony was much deeper in the D!. That was a nice thing.

I don't know when I would sail on her at the price they are charging but yes this 63 year old will try it.

Thank you for your review. We had a D1 booked for next Nov. I am trying to understand the door opening you described. Does the door open into the hallway? That seems dangerous to me. Thanks for the tip on where the hair dryer plug is located. I take it that the hairdryer is provided but not fixed like on the Radiance class.

Glad to hear the D1 balcony is deeper.

Kathy

Thank you for your review. We had a D1 booked for next Nov. I am trying to understand the door opening you described. Does the door open into the hallway? That seems dangerous to me. Thanks for the tip on where the hair dryer plug is located. I take it that the hairdryer is provided but not fixed like on the Radiance class.

Glad to hear the D1 balcony is deeper.

Kathy

We just got back from the Nov. 19th cruise and we stayed in a D1. Yes the doors do open out into the hallway but the doorways are recessed so even when you open the door all the way, it never goes beyond the hall wall. The room did seem smaller than a D1 on Liberty for example. But the storage is smarter. The closet thing is a pain in the butt if the beds are apart. There has to be a way to move things around a little to make it easier. As usual an incredible dearth of outlets. Always bring an extension cord.

There is WIFI in every room. We took our laptops for dumping photos each day but never did get a WIFI password. My husband said "hey, we have wifi in here but you have to go to the internet cafe to get an account and password". I never questioned it and didn't have the time or inclination to look for it but I did not see an internet cafe. And I never did ask him to clarify. So... the mystery continues.

We just got back from the Nov. 19th cruise and we stayed in a D1. Yes the doors do open out into the hallway but the doorways are recessed so even when you open the door all the way, it never goes beyond the hall wall. The room did seem smaller than a D1 on Liberty for example. But the storage is smarter. The closet thing is a pain in the butt if the beds are apart. There has to be a way to move things around a little to make it easier. As usual an incredible dearth of outlets. Always bring an extension cord.

Does the D1 balcony have lounge chairs?

There is WIFI in every room. We took our laptops for dumping photos each day but never did get a WIFI password. My husband said "hey, we have wifi in here but you have to go to the internet cafe to get an account and password". I never questioned it and didn't have the time or inclination to look for it but I did not see an internet cafe. And I never did ask him to clarify. So... the mystery continues.

You mean it didn't require a password as in you could use it freely???

There was no charge for the internet on these preview cruises. I assume once a revenue cruise starts the price structure would go into effect. There is a small internet center with maybe 5 computerson deck 7 forward. Hopefully there is something more useful. I can not imagine someone running to each cabin to help people with their internet issues. I hate to say it but these in room internet set ups never last on ships, the QM2 had hers removed from the cabins and I am not sure what other ships might have them. I guess you have to bring a laptop, which BTW the cabins safes do not fit.

Archived