Just off Oasis!

avalon1025

It is for buying by the glass on your way into dinner. There is a rack of glasses behind the vending machine.

George L

Great review!

The wine vending machine made it's first appearance on CELEBRITY SOLSTICE. On SOLSTICE it's located in the wine bar, not at the entrance to the dining room

Ernie

Finally... we were among the first 50 people to board the Oasis of the Seas. I am not going to describe the ship or the various rooms. There have been a zillion conversations about this and another zillion pictures. If you would like to see the photos I took, look at http://cruisemaster.*****.com/photos/oasis/index.html What I will try to do is point out some new things, plusses and minuses and general impressions.

--

George Leppla

George,

Thanks for the "to the point" review. You are right, there are zillions of conversations and pics out there, (which we all appreciate) but I really liked the detail of the little things in your review that we might not have thought to ask. I made a couple notes for my sailing 12/12.

Ummmm, I wonder if there is an area for Diamond C&As in the terminal or just the area for Suite guests. Maybe with the efficiency of the new terminal, the priority boarding perk will not be as valuable.

George, thank you for your detailed and informative review and many interesting photos. I was so surprised about the many handwashing stations and think it is a great idea. I also loved the idea of the playground for kids in the terminal waiting area. I don't even travel with children, but even so, I think it is a great idea.

Your photos make me very eager to see the lush Central Park area. Oh, heck, I am very eager to see the entire ship!

I understand why some peoplefeel disapointed about not having constant ocean views and for those people smaller ships with different layouts will be more appealing.

It seems as if it comes down to ocean views vs. activities/shopping. On my last (and only) cruise there were great views from everywhere on the ship, but I was bored and spent most of my time in my ocean view cabin.

It seems as if the Oasis has more to offer than just ocean views. Its not like the ship is completley closed off, if you really want to see the ocean its not immpossible to do, there are many decks and windows that will allow for such enjoyment. It seems like a small trade off to me to have so many activitiy options.

Really, how much water can you look at before you get bored? For those of you who need to see the ocean, get a balcony room and enjoy it there during down times. I am betting that the Oasis will draw a younger, more active crowd because it offers so many activities and places to explore.

I know my family is excited about cruising on the Oasis next August and judging her for ourselves!

~Happy Cruising!~

Archived