Anyone been to Great Stirrup Cay recently?

ihopfar

We were just there in late OCT, and were able to tender into GSC. It was our 2nd visit there, the first being waaaaaaay back in the 80's.

And yes, that is RCCL's island next door. I was really frustrated by that. (No, I'm not an RCCL-hater). Rather, I was perturbed that the island is laid out so that the ONLY view you have while sitting at the beach, is that of the RCCL ship anchored offshore, tendering their passengers to their island. It totally broke the "spell" of it being a private, tropical paradise. There were actually 2 RCCL ships using their island that day!

Hello!!!!! NCL Marketing people! Would it not be a better idea to ensure that your own NCL ship is anchored straight offshore from the island, so all the NCL passengers are looking at the NCL ship/logo, rather than the competitor?

Just sayin'!

CeleBrat

Time for NCL to build their own dock. Seems from some of these threads that it is more miss than hit.

Disney built their own dock and it is still hit or miss. I think it is that the islands are so small, there is not a "safe" harbor where the weather affects docking less.

Archived