Port Canaveral/Motel Offering Cruise Parking

bobbie_81348

We are cruising on the Dream December 3rd out of Port Canaveral and see that several motels offer parking while on the cruise. We have never done this and wonder what experiences any of you have had leaving your car at the motel. We are looking at Country Inns and Suites. Any help would be appreciated.

Country Inn and Suites and Radisson are the two who offer cruise parking .... no matter which room you book. You do not need to book a cruise package. Even the online rate with Radisson you get the free cruise parking (but dont get breakfast with the online hot rate).

Country Inn and Suites you get a free breakfast.

Radisson has a free shuttle to and from the port.

Country Inn and Suites and Radisson are the two who offer cruise parking .... no matter which room you book. You do not need to book a cruise package. Even the online rate with Radisson you get the free cruise parking (but dont get breakfast with the online hot rate).

Country Inn and Suites you get a free breakfast.

Radisson has a free shuttle to and from the port.

Wrong! I have booked the Radisson park & cruise and breakfast for two is included along with shuttle service to and from the pier.

Country Inns & Suites reviews show some pilfering and vandalism of long term parked vehicles.

We have stayed at the Radaisson multiple times and they have promotions sometimes offering breakfast and sometimes not.

Either way we find it a good deal with parking included and shuttle to and from the port.

Just have to sign up for the shuttle asap as it fills up fast and no fun to wait and wait on a shuttle.

OP, you should go to the East Coast Departures board, and then to the sub-forum Florida Departures.

There is a ton of info on where to stay, what to do in Cocoa Beach, how to get from the airport to Cocoa Beach (if flying), where to eat, where to shop, etc.

I found the info in the "I Work in Port Canaveral" thread to be invaluable in planning our cruise a couple of years ago. There are some very helpful locals who provide tons of info.

Actually you are both right. Yes there is a cruise package that includes the breakfast, but you can also stay at the Radisson at the "regular" (lower) prices, which do not include breakfast but still include the free parking and shuttle to and from the port.

Quality Suites also has the stay and park, but I really do not see how they would know if you stayed at the hotel or not the way the parking is marked. You do not have to have anything hanging from your mirror on in the dash, you just park in the lot next to Radisson that is marked cruise parking. You can then get a cab to take you to the terminal for $5 per person if you have enough for a van or get a taxi for $20 and you are set. When you get back either ride the Radisson shuttle back, they do not ask for anything when you get on are have someone call for a taxi again, there are usually plenty of cabs or vans ready to take you.

Quality Suites also has the stay and park, but I really do not see how they would know if you stayed at the hotel or not the way the parking is marked. You do not have to have anything hanging from your mirror on in the dash, you just park in the lot next to Radisson that is marked cruise parking. You can then get a cab to take you to the terminal for $5 per person if you have enough for a van or get a taxi for $20 and you are set. When you get back either ride the Radisson shuttle back, they do not ask for anything when you get on are have someone call for a taxi again, there are usually plenty of cabs or vans ready to take you.

Doesn't that seem a little dishonest????? And - not very fair to the people who spent good money to stay there and park their car???Just my opinion.

We are cruising on the Dream December 3rd out of Port Canaveral and see that several motels offer parking while on the cruise. We have never done this and wonder what experiences any of you have had leaving your car at the motel. We are looking at Country Inns and Suites. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this the Radisson at the Port on Astronaut Blvd?

Doesn't that seem a little dishonest????? And - not very fair to the people who spent good money to stay there and park their car???Just my opinion.

That is what I do not understand, we stay at Quality Suites. How do they know which cars are staying at their hotels with nothing in the car stating that you stayed with them?

When we used the park and cruise at the Radisson they gave us a card to hang from our mirror and we were instructed to move our car to a designated place. I would imagine that most hotels/motels would have your license plate # in record:rolleyes: and may even do a routine check of the cars in their lots. I wouldn't want to take a chance on being towed and coming back from a cruise and having no car. Plus, my conscience would bother me so bad that I wouldn't be able to enjoy my cruise. once again, just my opinion.

When we used the park and cruise at the Radisson they gave us a card to hang from our mirror and we were instructed to move our car to a designated place. I would imagine that most hotels/motels would have your license plate # in record:rolleyes: and may even do a routine check of the cars in their lots. I wouldn't want to take a chance on being towed and coming back from a cruise and having no car. Plus, my conscience would bother me so bad that I wouldn't be able to enjoy my cruise. once again, just my opinion.

I guess the plate # could be what they use. We call Quality Suites as we are driving so we can get an early time on the shuttle list because they will go ahead and call over to Radisson to add our names, but I have asked at the Radisson desk to confirm that we did not need a card for the mirror and they just said to park and not worry.

Wrong! I have booked the Radisson park & cruise and breakfast for two is included along with shuttle service to and from the pier.

Country Inns & Suites reviews show some pilfering and vandalism of long term parked vehicles.

I have booked the country inn and suites not for the 3rd year in a row and the last 2 years have never had any problem with my car being left

For those of you who use the hotel parking and the shuttle to return to your car, do you have to wait a very long time for the shuttle to take you back? We will be doing platinum self-assist, so we'll be the first off the ship, and our plan is to head to Disney for the day. We don't want to wait an hour or two for the shuttle to fill up before we can get to our car. Any experiences with this are much appreciated!

For those of you who use the hotel parking and the shuttle to return to your car, do you have to wait a very long time for the shuttle to take you back? We will be doing platinum self-assist, so we'll be the first off the ship, and our plan is to head to Disney for the day. We don't want to wait an hour or two for the shuttle to fill up before we can get to our car. Any experiences with this are much appreciated!

We did self-assist and had to finally call a taxi because Radisson was a Disney first and had not started sending any shuttles to Carnival yet.

Where are you staying?? We have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites several times now and they have had the same shuttle drivers since they opened. They always give us their cell phone # & we call just before we disembark and they are always waiting.

I think the longest we have ever waited was about 10 min.......

We did self-assist and had to finally call a taxi because Radisson was a Disney first and had not started sending any shuttles to Carnival yet.

Thanks for the heads up. I've come to really enjoy NOT waiting in lines or waiting for shuttles, so I'm thinking we may just park at the pier. We're driving in from New Orleans, so we may just drive as far as we can Friday afternoon/night and crash when we need to, then complete our drive Saturday morning and go directly to the terminal.

Lots of confusion. Most of the hotels will let you leave your car if you stay a night. There are no problems to speak of with the safety of your car. Thousands have done it and your chance of a mishap are smaller than having a fender bender getting here.

Relax and don't over think it. After all its vacation time.

Archived