Big Fuss about Oasis

Germancruiser

Did anyone notice the big fuss about Oasis on our " sister" board! Wouw and very interessting how the comments differ! Some can´t wait to sail the BIGGEST ship in the world, every built, ever delivered from Finland .....! Others just don´t like the almost " no touch with the Sea" . Some even compared it to a Vegas Hotel, were one never know´s if its day or night. I will never bee seen on board a ship this size. I change back and forth from RCI to X and visa verse- well X- wins - hands down - in many areas. On the other hand RCI Vision and Radiance Class are great ships with many options to stay " in touch with the Sea" !

Regardless of whether one loves or hates the idea of a ship as large as Oasis, it is undeniable that the vessel is a marvel itself. We will probably give her a try (after the novelty wears off a bit and the prices become more realistic), just for the experience. We've cruised many times on ships of various sizes, and each had their pluses and minuses. The bottom line for us is that it's hard not to have a great time on a cruise!

Seems that the Oasis has become a troll magnet on the RCL board. You would think they would just wait and see what others think after cruising on it. It must be a wonderful ship and once the prices settle down, I would consider taking a ride on her.

My all time favorite is still the Radiance class ships. Shame they did not build it out as they were going to. It was cut short I think by 3 ships.

Seems they can't sell out their cabins, not even for what's supposed to be their most popular cruising time. Their prices are totally out of wack----$2600 for an inside for 7 days? No way. My TA just returned yesterday from a four day travel agent's time on Oasis and he said he would never pay to go on that ship. He said it's way too big and he cannot see how the terminal will handle all those passengers during embarking and disembarking.

The ship also got a big thumbs down from travel expert Arthur Froemmer. He can be a cranky goat, but he totally dislikes Oasis.

@klingon- could not agree more, Radiance Class is great- the built four of them- I sailed Brilliance and Radiance. I still hope after the bigger and bigger and bigger hype is bit worn out, they may built ships that class or simillar!

@kitty- I haven´t even to board Oasis to know that i would not like her. I am sure of it. No question - she may be marvelles inside- great rooms. sparkling new, great possibilities- but for me the best part of cruising is missing- contact with the sea! That no longer as anything to do with a ship, floading mall, resort whatever may be more to the point!

Greetings

Michael

The reviews seem to agree on the "Wow" factor. Since many say that it "doesn't feel like a cruise ship" perhaps they should just keep it docked and use it as a almost inclusive hotel ( a la Queen Mary). One result would be a reduction in cost to see it since you would be avoiding some port charges and possible fuel surcharges. ;)

It seems as if the cruise lines of today are playing a game of "one upsmanship" to see who can completely out do the other guys. Now that Oasis is sailing, the next big excitement will probably surround NCL's Norwegian Epic. I would surely like to see Oasis and I'll get a chance when my April cruise leaves Ft Lauderdale on the same day as Oasis and we'll also see her again on one of our port days in Nassau, But I don't know whether or not I want to sail on a ship that carries about 6000 passengers and 2000 crew members. That's almost the population of the town I live in. But since I've been on 52 cruises with ships of all sizes, maybe someday I'll wind up with a cruise on Oasis or Epic when the prices drop.

Seems they can't sell out their cabins, not even for what's supposed to be their most popular cruising time. Their prices are totally out of wack----$2600 for an inside for 7 days? No way. My TA just returned yesterday from a four day travel agent's time on Oasis and he said he would never pay to go on that ship. He said it's way too big and he cannot see how the terminal will handle all those passengers during embarking and disembarking.

The ship also got a big thumbs down from travel expert Arthur Froemmer. He can be a cranky goat, but he totally dislikes Oasis.

It is true that they have not sold out Oasis, but the economy is still in the tank. Florida is especially miserable. Something I find interesting is that they have not had to discount the cruises. They must be projecting positive revenue flow or they would slash prices to get those cabins sold. Oasis is meant for new cruisers and those experienced cruisers who really love the activities and multiple entertainment options of the Voyager and Freedom classes. Is she for everyone, absolutely not. I for one am excited to travel on her. I want to try all of the RCI and X ships.

Arthur Froemmer is a cranky old goat, much of what he says he hates about a ship that he has never been is applicable to the modern cruise experience. I have not followed his advice since I stopped backpacking and staying in youth hostels.

Oh, and Oasis is certainly attracting the trolls to the RCI board. I've been spending more time reading over here on X.

It is true that they have not sold out Oasis, but the economy is still in the tank. Florida is especially miserable. Something I find interesting is that they have not had to discount the cruises. They must be projecting positive revenue flow or they would slash prices to get those cabins sold. Oasis is meant for new cruisers and those experienced cruisers who really love the activities and multiple entertainment options of the Voyager and Freedom classes. Is she for everyone, absolutely not. I for one am excited to travel on her. I want to try all of the RCI and X ships.

Arthur Froemmer is a cranky old goat, much of what he says he hates about a ship that he has never been is applicable to the modern cruise experience. I have not followed his advice since I stopped backpacking and staying in youth hostels.

Oh, and Oasis is certainly attracting the trolls to the RCI board. I've been spending more time reading over here on X.

Trolls everywhere over on any Oasis thread. I stopped reading them as it was mostly name calling. Very sad.:(

Trolls everywhere over on any Oasis thread. I stopped reading them as it was mostly name calling. Very sad.:(

They've pretty much taken over every Oasis thread on CC, and most of it are the same few people. All I can say is; thank goodness they will not be on my Oasis sailing! ;)

Archived