How to back2back?

TexasGLS

Can I ask a selfish question? Can someone (or several someones) type up a 'how to' guide to back to back cruises? Tips for how to pack, what you do to pass two cruises of time, what it is like between the two cruises, etc. Really anything that would be good to know whether it be good or bad.

I am just trying to talk dw into doing this and have had problems finding help with the 'how to' part. If it matters we are looking at doing the conquest eastern and western cruises.

Thanks!

Someone has a copy and paste from someone else's B2B, lots of threads on how to do a B2B.

12 of us did a B2B on the Conquest from the Crazies, so lots of Crazies can tell you about doing it on Conquest. It was a lot of fun and we got a nice B2B gift.

I am not sure what you mean by "how to". You book 2 cruises. I would try to get the same room. I did a 5 day then a 4 day. Pack for 9 days or plan to do laundry.

I told them at the pursers desk I would be on the next cruise. They already knew. I got a letter in my cabin maybe on the last night that told me what to do the next day. Since I had the same cabin on the second trip I just went to where we were to meet. There was someone there. There were about 25 of us so it is not unusual. They took up off about 10 am, we were then lead back on board including getting our picture done again.

There are many posts you could research but here is what I have gathered as we are going in April 2010 on a B2B. We are doing the Eastern and Western Carb. which is why we decided to do the B2B as it will be different ports. Try and get the same room to avoid having to change rooms. However, if you cannot accomplish this the stewards will move your items for you to your new room. We plan to do laundry the last day of our first cruise, you can purchase detergent on board or bring your own. The nice thing about a B2B is that if you can't decide what to have for dinner...you can always have it next week. If you miss a show, don't like a show or want to see one again you have that choice. On the last day of the 1st cruise everyone leaves the ship. They bring you through customs, give you a new sail and sign and you are back on the ship for a few hours before the next group gets on while they prepare the ship for the next cruise...good time to do laundry. You can buy alcohol on the last night of your first cruise and they let you take it back to your room...so that's a good thing to know.

There are many posts you could research but here is what I have gathered as we are going in April 2010 on a B2B. We are doing the Eastern and Western Carb. which is why we decided to do the B2B as it will be different ports. Try and get the same room to avoid having to change rooms. However, if you cannot accomplish this the stewards will move your items for you to your new room. We plan to do laundry the last day of our first cruise, you can purchase detergent on board or bring your own. The nice thing about a B2B is that if you can't decide what to have for dinner...you can always have it next week. If you miss a show, don't like a show or want to see one again you have that choice. On the last day of the 1st cruise everyone leaves the ship. They bring you through customs, give you a new sail and sign and you are back on the ship for a few hours before the next group gets on while they prepare the ship for the next cruise...good time to do laundry. You can buy alcohol on the last night of your first cruise and they let you take it back to your room...so that's a good thing to know.

Thanks for the tip on when to do the laundry!

Thanks for the tip on when to do the laundry!

To offer a differing opinion on the laundry --. On the last night of your first cruise, you may be competing with other passengers for the machines. Many people would rather bring home clean laundry and it is the end of the cruise for all.

However, if you do laundry on your 1st day of your 2nd cruise. you'll have the machines all to yourself as the other passengers are just getting on board and haven't accumulated any laundry yet. :p

So, if you have the same cabin, you just leave all of your belongings in the cabin while you go through the process of leaving and getting back on the ship?

Yes, that's correct.

It's really a great feeling to not have to pack up when everyone else is! :)

Try to get a room next the the laundry room for both cruises. It will make your life a little easer. All you have to do is cross the hall, and not have to travel down the hall. We did our... wait I bettetr refrase that. My GF did the laundryright after we got through cutoms. There was no one there to share with. She loaded every machine up, we went for a walk through a empty ship cam back that put the it in the drier, went for a walk topside. Came back and it was all done.

In a few days, we will start our first B2B cruise, a 4 day followed by a 5 day. Unfortunately by the time I decided to do the 5 day cruise, our cabin that we had booked for the 4 day cruise wasn't available, so we will be transferring.

From my research the laundry rooms may or not be open during the turnover day. We are going to pack for a 5 day cruise. Ideally I will do laundry on turnover day (as soon as we get back on the ship after getting rechecked in) failing that I will do it during the evening, or the next morning. As others have said final sea day can get ugly in the laundry rooms.

At the beginning of your first cruise, mention to your room steward that you will be doing a B2B and if you will be transferring between cabins. That better prepares him/her to treat you "differently" than other passengers.

Can anyone tell me what happens in the dining room on B2B's? Do you keep the same table and waiters or does that change as well?

And is all the entertainment, shows and onboard activities exactly the same?

On the B2B we did last year, our table and waiters changed for the second cruise. The entertainment, shows and activities were basically the same.

Happy Sailing!

Not only are the shows and entertainment the same on the same ship, they seem to be the same across the cruise lines.

We showed our 'Legends' show from the Liberty to my sister and she said that was the EXACT same as the one from the Conquest.

The only thing that may differ is the comedians. We had a juggling act and a hypnotist, both left the ship after the cruise.....

Archived