question about our room

Station4

Hi Everyone

Were are sailing with RC Dec 13th out of Miami..We have booked a inside room but when booking, the company stated they do not provide us a room number until we check in on the boat ( I believe they call it a guaranteed room booking). Kind of worries me that were going to get the worst room.

So my question, to you experienced sailors, is our ship sails at 1630..I don't see a time that they start embarking but do line ups tend to start forming well in advance of them opening the embarkation.

We'd like to get in early so we have the best chance at a nice inside room being we are guaranteed a room but not placed at this time..So what time should we be at the port to be able to get into the front of the boarding lineups..I will do the onboard registration prior to leaving so we won't have to do that

Cheers

Al

You should try to board around 11:30am or so....the "early bird gets the worm", so to speak!

There's absolutely NO guarantee that you'll get "upgraded", tho...no matter when you arrive.

You will most likely get your cabin assignment well before your sail date.....keep checking your reservation on the RCI website. Let us know what you get! Good luck!

Your cabin is probably already assigned, and you should have a cabin number before you depart. Don't count on an upgrade just because you arrive early---that just doesn't happen. But you can expect to start boarding the ship at around 11:30 as long as the disembarking passengers from the previous cruise didn't experience any delays.

Hi Everyone

Were are sailing with RC Dec 13th out of Miami..We have booked a inside room but when booking, the company stated they do not provide us a room number until we check in on the boat ( I believe they call it a guaranteed room booking). Kind of worries me that were going to get the worst room.

So my question, to you experienced sailors, is our ship sails at 1630..I don't see a time that they start embarking but do line ups tend to start forming well in advance of them opening the embarkation.

We'd like to get in early so we have the best chance at a nice inside room being we are guaranteed a room but not placed at this time..So what time should we be at the port to be able to get into the front of the boarding lineups..I will do the onboard registration prior to leaving so we won't have to do that

Cheers

Al

Keep checking the cruise website. Like the others said, I suspect you'll be assigned a cabin well before the ship sails. That's the risk you take with booking a "guaranteed" cabin, rather than picking out exactly which cabin you'd like...you could get a worse cabin...or upgrade. There's no way to influence that.

But yes, arrive early. Even if you do get a poor cabin, it's not likely that you'll do much more there than sleep, anyway. Once you get up and out of the cabin in the morning, there'll be so much to see and do, either on the ship or in ports, that the cabin will become merely a place to change clothes and sleep!

Have a great cruise!

Even if you do not get a cabin until you get to the pier, the cabin will be pre-assigned. Getting there first will not help you get a better cabin. When you book a guarentee, yu have to be prepared to get the 'worst" cabin in that category.

Going with an "inside guarantee" with RCL is always a bit tricky. If its one of their older ships, your cabin may be 110-125 sq ft. Quite small for 2 people. I have not been on the newer ships so I can't speak about their size. Best of luck and keep checking your reservation online to see if they assigned you a cabin. Then you can look for it on the ship map.

By now your cabin if most likely assigned have you already filled in your online registration with the cruiseline? you need to do that anyway and most likely your cabin number will be listed when you do. If you do have a poor location you MAY still have time to pay for an upgrade at this point.

No offense to those here however I always pick my cabin in advance.. No worries about noise from other venue's on board.. (Galley, Lido, show, service carts and the like)

I feel that it is my vacation, I am paying for it so I might as well pick where I will be staying for the week or so..

Archived