Snowing inside QM2 today

southwestie

Cunard are saying this is history being made, so we are off at 11.30 to watch the snow machine being used for he first time on a Cunard ship.

The whole ship is now decorated for Christmas and a snow machine ill add a wonderful feel to it all, it is the main lobby, how many they have I don’t know, I ment to ask Cartain Bates last night but we chatted about so many other things, changes from the past to the present and future, I mentioned to him how wonderful is was for the small boy who sounded the ships whistle that day at noon, how kind it was to let Terry go in the watch a pod of dolphins.

The main highlights of this voyage will be the huge storm on the north atlantic and the many friends we have made on board, the welcome we got in Southampton before boarding, the wonderful friends in NYC we met on the 17th and the many CC meetings in the commodore club ,over lunch and even dinner.

And the extra cruises we have booked for next year

At 11.45 Paul came out and we had a countdown from 10, the snow machine started and snowed for around 10 minutes , the piano gave us great music we sand the songs and watched the snow, I have never seen so many people in the grand lobby, neither had the crew.

I know many will dislike the idea, but this was very tasteful and if you could what I saw, Children smiling, delighted by the snowfall , adults the same, big smiles, singing being happy, people would have to very hard not to be moved by the event, the whole ship is now decorated for Christmas and it looks stunning, we have so lucky to see everything made ready for the holidays, so many trees etc.

Sad for those who have seen what I have seen, History is the fact that they have made this a first, its Cunards quote and not mine BTW

I also expect the normal group to flame me no matter, I can take it

I will take home wonderful memories of today.

Cunard are saying this is history being made, so we are off at 11.30 to watch the snow machine being used for he first time on a Cunard ship.

The whole ship is now decorated for Christmas and a snow machine ill add a wonderful feel to it all, it is the main lobby, how many they have I don’t know,

Hi Rob,

Loretta and I were on the QM2 from November 10 -20, 2007, for a ten day roundtrip voyage from NYC to the Caribbean.

The QM2 was fully decorated for the Christmas holiday, and she looked beautiful with the added color and sparkle.

Loretta and I will never forget on the last day at sea, we attended a Christmas carol sing-a-long in the afternoon in the Grand Lobby. Over a hundred guests were gathered on Deck Two and Three of the Grand Lobby as well as the stairway with copies of the words to the carols that were provided by the staff.

Next to the decorated tree on Deck Two of the Grand Lobby, a pianist provided the music for the sing-a-long. Commodore Ronald Warwick lead us all with the singing. It was such a nice experience for all in attendance.

If at the end of our last selection that was sung, a huge burst of snow fell upon us, it would have been absolutely terrific and would have added to the festive time of the moment.

Also part of the good memories of this voyage was meeting you and Robin for the first time and several other CC members on this post.

Thanks once again for keeping us informed of the QM2's 13 day Caribbean voyage which began November 17, and will end tomorrow.

Terrence

I find it interesting how those who are not on the ship to see the effects of the snow machine assume that it is tacky. It's criticism without merit. And to contrast it to Mickey Mouse as a definition of tacky is incredibly insulting to another fine cruise line, that while it does not have the history of Cunard, has done quite well in its short existence. I've been on a number of Disney Cruises and they are anything but tacky, unless you define having fun as being such. If that's the case, I will celebrate tackiness at every opportunity I get.

I will be on board for the holiday voyage and if I had wanted snow I would stay home.

The Christmas trees and decorations - YES but snow:eek:

I have seen it in brochures for Princess holiday cruises. Is this some more Carnivalization?

Just call me Bah Humbug Linda.

I find it interesting how those who are not on the ship to see the effects of the snow machine assume that it is tacky. It's criticism without merit. And to contrast it to Mickey Mouse as a definition of tacky is incredibly insulting to another fine cruise line, that while it does not have the history of Cunard, has done quite well in its short existence. I've been on a number of Disney Cruises and they are anything but tacky, unless you define having fun as being such. If that's the case, I will celebrate tackiness at every opportunity I get.

Disney is tacky. I'm afraid that, for me at least, just the way it is.

And I'm not referring to the cruise line - rather the whole thing.

Thanks Rob for the posts on your voyage, the storm posts were great..enjoy the rest of your trip and dont stop posting.

I used to take lunch in a canteen when i was younger, with great conversation and banter by all except one person who bided his time saying nothing until somebody in the group muddled there words or said something silly and then he was in with his pennyworth making him feel superior.. a type of bullying really. sorry just my pennyworth.

Fred.

Hope you took photos of the snow fall Rob, I would love to see them! I can imagine it being a moment to remember! Great updates and I'm so glad you enjoyed your holidays!! :D

Wonderful time, I wish I hadnt started this thread, the snow really is quite tasteful as cunard can do, but the same old same olds are out lol, never mind im on the ship and if it gets any tackier maybe they will change lines:D

will email you with photos when I return

I think it is quite nice to have the snow, a bit odd but nice none the less

I remember the first Christmas I spent in Zimbabwe. The temperature was about 40ºC and all the shops had that artificial snow in the corners of the windows. Cool (or not as the case may be)!

J

Have a wonderful time on board, you just enjoy it,

The whole ship is now decorated for Christmas and a snow machine ill add a wonderful feel to it all, it is the main lobby, how many they have I don’t know,

Hi Rob,

Loretta and I were on the QM2 from November 10 -20, 2007, for a ten day roundtrip voyage from NYC to the Caribbean.

The QM2 was fully decorated for the Christmas holiday, and she looked beautiful with the added color and sparkle.

Loretta and I will never forget on the last day at sea, we attended a Christmas carol sing-a-long in the afternoon in the Grand Lobby. Over a hundred guests were gathered on Deck Two and Three of the Grand Lobby as well as the stairway with copies of the words to the carols that were provided by the staff.

Next to the decorated tree on Deck Two of the Grand Lobby, a pianist provided the music for the sing-a-long. Commodore Ronald Warwick lead us all with the singing. It was such a nice experience for all in attendance.

If at the end of our last selection that was sung, a huge burst of snow fell upon us, it would have been absolutely terrific and would have added to the festive time of the moment.

Also part of the good memories of this voyage was meeting you and Robin for the first time and several other CC members on this post.

Thanks once again for keeping us informed of the QM2's 13 day Caribbean voyage which began November 17, and will end tomorrow.

Terrence

Thanks, we miss you guys, we met such great people in these 3 weeks, thank god some wernt on with us , cant wait untill we all meet again

I think its great and adds to the festivities. I can't wait to board again on the 10th. Wow, so many negative people, its the holidays people, get a grip.

You will enjoy them, many CCers on here cannot belive what is being said on here, inc some crew members who it seems read this.

negative, sad a shame, they cant comment, they havent seen it, but im sure those who will be on here will enjoy :)

Archived