Anyone else having problem getting email confirmation?

brenderlou

We booked a Celebrity Century cruise yesterday and did not get the email confirmation the person sent. I called this morning and requested it be sent again and an 1 1/2 later, still no email.

Has anyone recently booked and had a problem with getting the email confirmation?

We went directly thru Celebrity. When I called the 2nd time this morning after waiting an hour and a half I got a rather rude agent who told me that emails go in a queue and to wait.

Well, I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon!!!!!!

Could your e-mail program have some type of SPAM blocker and think it's garbage and bouncing it out?

Every once and a while I find e-mail that should not be SPAM in my SPAM folder. Not sure why, but it happens.

Also, are you sure they are sending it to the correct e-mail address. I had that problem once, they had gotten my e-mail address wrong.

Good luck.

Hope you now have your confirmation. We booked Saturday around 5:30 PM and the email confirmation ariived at 1:36 AM Sunday. Took 7 hours!!

I made a change Sunday morning and then received the revised confirmation immediately. I guess their servers are a little quirky :D

Was told that their emails and faxes were either down or backed up due to the holiday weekend.

I was trying to get a reservation transferred and they had to give me an extension on booking instead.

What cruise are you booking on Century?

Hi,:) same thing has happened to me more than once. CSR says they

emailed me a confirmation and I never received it. Called again, depending

on who is on the other end, they can be helpful or maybe not:rolleyes:

Eventually, 2 emails arrived....so not sure what problems are occuring.

System, cyberspace, or person who is trying to send the email:eek:

Except for those that say, "I have to have control", it continues to amaze me why people book directly with the cruise line. You will never get a better deal with a cruise line than you can from a TA. You will always leave money on the table.

Except for those that say, "I have to have control", it continues to amaze me why people book directly with the cruise line. You will never get a better deal with a cruise line than you can from a TA. You will always leave money on the table.

I had a TA for 4 years and never got anything from them but aggravation. I would have to call her 3 times to get one thing done, and if you book with a TA you could not call the cruise line directly. Now all I have to do is pick up the phone and call Celebrity or go on-line to MyCelebrity and manage my reservation.

On one cruise I got 5 other families to book the same cruise. My SIL called the TA and told her that I should get something for referring other people to her - guess what I got - NOTHING.

I had a TA for 4 years and never got anything from them but aggravation. I would have to call her 3 times to get one thing done, and if you book with a TA you could not call the cruise line directly. Now all I have to do is pick up the phone and call Celebrity or go on-line to MyCelebrity and manage my reservation.

On one cruise I got 5 other families to book the same cruise. My SIL called the TA and told her that I should get something for referring other people to her - guess what I got - NOTHING.

Simple, you didn't pick a good travel agent.

Archived