Dropping off carry-ons?

elycelynne

Is there somewhere to drop off carry-on bags? I'm not a suite passenger, so the Neptune Lounge is not an option. If there isn't such a place for the rest of us, would I be allowed brief access to my cabin just to throw my bag in there and then leave? If not, what time are the cabins generally ready for occupancy?

Is there somewhere to drop off carry-on bags? I'm not a suite passenger, so the Neptune Lounge is not an option. If there isn't such a place for the rest of us, would I be allowed brief access to my cabin just to throw my bag in there and then leave? If not, what time are the cabins generally ready for occupancy?

On past cruises I've noticed that they've usually had a hand-luggage check desk just after I've board the ship where one can check their carry-ons, if they wish. Some people do, some don't. I've done it, from time to time. I don't know if this is found on all HAL ships or on all HAL cruises ... given that I've recently been told that my experiences can be somewhat exceptional, it might not be the case that you'll find this convenience available when you board, but you can always ask when you board.

I am not sure if they would let you drop off your bags before then, I guess it would not hurt to try?

Maybe it could hurt to try? At least eventually. If everyone "just dropped the carry-on's off", then it could make it difficult for the stewards to get their jobs done in a timely fashion. HAL could make some changes then, including, but not limited to:

passengers able to remain in their cabins prior to disembarkation discontinued, or early embarkation discontinued, or some other procedure none of us want.

Better to stay out of the cabin areas until they are declared ready for passengers.

Archived