Need answers please on the CROWN

HIPrincess

We are leaving Friday Dec. 4 to FLL from MKE for departure on the 5th. Do you know what time you can actually board the ship? I know that they "say" one thing but what is your experience?

Do they still serve free soda with dinner at Traditional dining?

Do they have a blow dryer still in the room?

Is there some seafood buffet the first night?

Any more detailed explanations/discussions about the Chef night/tour? I have read a couple of posts but not sure that it is worth it.

TIA:D

We are leaving Friday Dec. 4 to FLL from MKE for departure on the 5th. Do you know what time you can actually board the ship? I know that they "say" one thing but what is your experience?

Starting around noon.

Do they still serve free soda with dinner at Traditional dining?

No free soda in the dining room or anywhere else

Do they have a blow dryer still in the room?

Yes but not very good

Is there some seafood buffet the first night?

Not recently in the Caribbean

Any more detailed explanations/discussions about the Chef night/tour? I have read a couple of posts but not sure that it is worth it.

TIA:D

There are some very detailed posts on the Chefs Table and Ultimate Ships Tour.

Thanks so much. SO the chef's table and the ships tour are two completely different entities?

yes, they are two separate events. The Ship's Tour goes behind the scenes, you receive lots of goodies, and costs $150/person. (search for the details of this tour for more details)

The Chef's Table is a personal tour of the kitchen by the maiter d' de hotel and the head chef combined with deliciously prepared food from appetizers to custom dessert. It really is hard to describe until you experience it. We had a great time at the Chef's Table on the Emerald in September. You also receive a Princess cookbook, the ladies receive a rose and everyone receives a custom handwritten menu. it costs $75/person (search for details of this dining event).

Thanks so much. SO the chef's table and the ships tour are two completely different entities?

Yes the Chefs Table is an elaborate 2-3 hour dinner for 12 lucky participants hosted by the MD/Executive Chef for $75PP.

Ultimate Ships Tour is also about a 2-4 hour tour for 12 behind the scenes onboard. Theater/forward mooring deck/food stores area/laundry/photo processing area/medical center/bridge/print shop etc. At $150PP with many free gifts and photos included.

No seafood buffet the first night?:eek:

why---what happened?

Honey will swear its my fault and say I ate the ocean dry last cruise.

Booked on the Ruby for Feb, 2011 for that reason--lol

No seafood buffet the first night?:eek:

why---what happened?

Honey will swear its my fault and say I ate the ocean dry last cruise.

Booked on the Ruby for Feb, 2011 for that reason--lol

Seems to be a cutback...some have reported they had the seafood buffet on some of the Europe cruises. It seems to be hit and miss. Mostly miss.

Princess hasn't had free soda in the dining room for at least a decade.

We were on the Golden Princess 5 years ago and they still had free soda in the dining room, just haven't sailed Princess in a while and was wondering what has changed, that obviously has.
I've been sailing on Princess ships for quite a few years now, including the Golden, and have never seen free soda anywhere on the ship.

We were on the Golden Princess 5 years ago and they still had free soda in the dining room, just haven't sailed Princess in a while and was wondering what has changed, that obviously has.

We have sailed since 2000. The only ships that offer free soda are the Disney ships. I have yet to get a free soda on any cruise. :D

We had a seafood buffet on 23rd October and 7th November on our B2B cruises on Crown recently.

The roast beef on the buffet was lovely too.

It may have been served on 24th October as we were overnight in port. I can`t remember but it was the first night in the Caribbean.

Mom23guys,

Yes, we are on the roll call. I am just trying to make sure that I stay away from everyone sick at work. That would be horrible to sail and be sick. :( It was almost 50 here today and will be snowing by Friday and in the 30's I can hardly wait. I would assume that weather is coming your way.

Archived