Best section of the ship

I have seen references to the hump section of the ship. Am I correct to assume this is the middle of the ship. We have been on just three cruises and alway seem to be near the back of the ship. Have not experienced to much movement. Are the rooms bigger in this section, or is there less motion detected?

The "hump" is only on certain classes of Royal Caribbean ships. It a small section of the ship that juts out further than the rest of the ship, thus the name "hump". It is actually just a little behind the center of the ship. There would be less motion there as opposed to the aft simply because it is near the center of the ship and the center is where the least amount of motion is felt.

Midships is the most stabile place--the hump (on ships that have them) just happen to be near center, usually a bit aft of "center".

Oasis will have 2 hump areas...one fore, and one midships..(there's a small one aft, but it doesn't appear to give the balconies any advantage!)

WEstwood in regards to rooms being larger, it depends on the Ship, Category Room and Deck your on. On the Radiance Class, the D-1's and Humps are 204 sq ft, with a 41 sq ft balcony. However if you drop down to Deck 8 ( E-1,2, 3) they are all 179 sq ft, with 41 sq ft Balcony. Now the Mariner ( Voyager Class) Deck 8 Hump Cabins are 188 sq ft with a 49 sq ft Balcony and D-1 & 2 are 206 sq ft.

I have seen references to the hump section of the ship. Am I correct to assume this is the middle of the ship. We have been on just three cruises and alway seem to be near the back of the ship. Have not experienced to much movement. Are the rooms bigger in this section, or is there less motion detected?

If you were to simplify the ship's motion in the water to pitch ( how much the bow and the stern go up and down ) and the roll ( how much the ship

goes from side to side ) the hump cabin passengers will actually experience a little more roll than a similar cabin when on the balcony because they are further out from the side of the ship.

Echo comments of other posters about which ships have these cabins

and locations not in middle.

Of course I would like to test this out for myself but these cabins always

seem to get snapped up quickly.

Archived