Just off "The Dream" 12/01/09...Any questions?

bklynangel

How about giving us a review of your cruise, even a short one.

My review was already submitted to the CC boards, now they will read it and post it...maybe ,If they like it. I'll write a small one on here later.

Hi Jimbo,

I guess the first question that comes to mind was how the lines etc were for the food on the lido deck. How about getting tables to eat at? As well, did you try the adult only serenity area and how busy was that? I hope you had a good cruise!

beachbumscanada:)

There was alot of lines....i never went to the buffet for breakfast, i got room service and i got pretty good service...they were on time. The mongolian wok took us 45 mins in line and the italian place was about a 30 min wait and the italian food was pretty bad.

How does it compare to the rest of the carnival cruise ships? Better worse?

There are good and bad in all cruise lines.

My room stewart wasn't that good as far as making towel animals...i always got flat stuff and the first and last night i got nothing. I even tryed giving him an extra tip, but that didnt work either. I was on deck 10. My dad was on deck 9 and got excellent looking towel animals.

The food to me was average. I have had better on other lines. There were 500 italian workers on board, but none making italian food...there were phillipines...opps can't spell it making the italian food and the italians were making the chinese foods in the mongolian wok. The steak house food was alittle better but if i was there without my dad , I probably would never waste my money on it.:eek:

I do have to say...the crew are a good looking group of people.

Todd the cruise director was better than other cruise directors on other lines.

The laser show was nice...one was better than the other two.

The deck party was fun.

The shows were fantastic.

We had 4,200 passengers on board...1,400 children. Dining room service was better than average.

I still loved my cruise and would sail again on this ship but like I said...there is a good and bad in everything you do.

Hi Jimbo,

I guess the first question that comes to mind was how the lines etc were for the food on the lido deck. How about getting tables to eat at? As well, did you try the adult only serenity area and how busy was that? I hope you had a good cruise!

OH and as far as the adult area...that was good...but it got crowded too. There is not enough space for that many people. There was never a table in the buffet, thats why i got room service for breakfast or went to the dining room. One day at the dining room, i asked for a table for two and they told me NO, we dont have any but they did at lunch time...they just didnt want to dirty a table before diner. They want you to eat in certain places ,so we landed up eating with others anyway. I didn't mind it.

My review was already submitted to the CC boards, now they will read it and post it...maybe ,If they like it. I'll write a small one on here later.

YOu can always post the same review here for those of us that don't visit the review boards;)

Hi Jimbo,

I just got off Inspiration on Thanksgiving.

The lines on our cruise up on the Lido were not bad at all with the exception of the 1st day at lunch. We don't eat dinner up on the Lido so I cannot speak of dinner lines.

The time that was most difficult to get a table was the last sea day at lunch. It was raining and EVERYONE was in the Lido deck eating. I chalked it up to exactly what it was--no one wanted to be rained on to eat.

The Serenity area was full (not crowded, just all chairs used) but oh, it looked heavenly. I don't know what time a person needs to get there to get a seat.

Loved the ship. We didn't have any problems on our cruise other than it being over TOO QUICKLY! :)

Here is alittle about what i wrote on my review of the Carnival Dream Cruise- Nov 23,- December 1, 2009.

I arrived at the terminal in NYC at about 12. Embarkment went quickly and smoothly. It only took about 15 minutes to get on the ship.

There was no one to greet us , so we decided to take a short tour of the ship and while walking around the ship, me and my dad found out that we were not placed at the same diner table ,so we had to wait in line to see the maitre de and he told us that the tables were full and he wasnt sure if he could place us together so we waited till diner time and then saw him then. He asked the people who were seated at my table it they would change there seats and they agreed.

We went to the buffet, which was extremely crowded to eat lunch.

Later that day, around 130, our rooms were finished so we went to check them out.

Most of the afternoon we spent checking out the areas of the ship till we did sail away.

NYC is a beautiful sight sailing out at night.

Going under the bridge....everyone was going WOW....it looked like we were so close to it and it was so exciting.

It started raining so mostly everyone went inside. It was pretty cold.

The next day, the weather got alittle warmer.

The second night was dress up night. That night we went to the steakhouse. Food wasn't bad there but if my dad didn't pay for it, i probably wouldn't have wasted my money on it.

Some nights the food was good, but there was bad nights too. The melting cake was only cooked right one time out of the three times i had it. The food got worse as the cruise went on...i'm not sure why.

I didnt meet my room stewart till the second day. I had Rodney who had some kind of problem making towel animals. I was on deck 10.

My dad was on deck 9 and got very nice towel animals.

Room service was great and always on time.

Todd the cruise director was great...all the shows were great. James the assistant cruise director was great too. I liked both of them and they were better than most other lines cruise directors. They always kept us busy.

The shows were fantastic. Loved all of them. The laser show was good...only one standed out more than the others.

The first port we stopped at was cape canaveral...we took a shuttle to Coco beach and got back in time for thanksgiving diner which was not good at all. Not all trimmings were there and not much to say about it. Ill be making my real thanksgiving diner this weekend.

The second port was Nassau. This was my third time there and i think ive seen it all. The people have changed there and its now to a point that if i sail there again...i probably wont get off the ship.

Freeport was beautiful...we had great weather. I went to the beach and rode the banana boat and wouldnt you know, it ran out of gas with me in the middle of the ocean. I was the only adult on this and the kids were getting scared and starting to cry but i calmed them down and they were ok then.

I will continue after diner.

There are good and bad in all cruise lines.

My room stewart wasn't that good as far as making towel animals...i always got flat stuff and the first and last night i got nothing. I even tryed giving him an extra tip, but that didnt work either. I was on deck 10. My dad was on deck 9 and got excellent looking towel animals.

The food to me was average. I have had better on other lines. There were 500 italian workers on board, but none making italian food...there were phillipines...opps can't spell it making the italian food and the italians were making the chinese foods in the mongolian wok. The steak house food was alittle better but if i was there without my dad , I probably would never waste my money on it.:eek:

I do have to say...the crew are a good looking group of people.

Todd the cruise director was better than other cruise directors on other lines.

The laser show was nice...one was better than the other two.

The deck party was fun.

The shows were fantastic.

We had 4,200 passengers on board...1,400 children. Dining room service was better than average.

I still loved my cruise and would sail again on this ship but like I said...there is a good and bad in everything you do.

We were also on deck 10 for the 11/23 sailing. We must have had different cabin stewards because our towel animals were some of the best we have seen. Our balcony stateroom was always exceptionally clean as well! We agree with you....The shows were the best we have seen on any cruise ship, particularly, Dancing in the Streets, and Todd was a fantastic cruise director! The Mongolian Wok was a disappointment, because we waited over 45 minutes in line one day to try it....it was not worth the long wait to do it again. There was always something to eat and we enjoyed getting away from the crowded lido buffet.....to go to the champagne brunch in the dining room, where the mimosas were quite enjoyable!:) The Dream is a beautiful ship and we always have a great time on a cruise no matter what....we would sail her again as well....just probably avoiding the lido buffet if it were as mobbed as it was on our sailing.

Here is alittle about what i wrote on my review of the Carnival Dream Cruise- Nov 23,- December 1, 2009.

I arrived at the terminal in NYC at about 12. Embarkment went quickly and smoothly. It only took about 15 minutes to get on the ship.

There was no one to greet us , so we decided to take a short tour of the ship and while walking around the ship, me and my dad found out that we were not placed at the same diner table ,so we had to wait in line to see the maitre de and he told us that the tables were full and he wasnt sure if he could place us together so we waited till diner time and then saw him then. He asked the people who were seated at my table it they would change there seats and they agreed.

We went to the buffet, which was extremely crowded to eat lunch.

Later that day, around 130, our rooms were finished so we went to check them out.

Most of the afternoon we spent checking out the areas of the ship till we did sail away.

NYC is a beautiful sight sailing out at night.

Going under the bridge....everyone was going WOW....it looked like we were so close to it and it was so exciting.

It started raining so mostly everyone went inside. It was pretty cold.

The next day, the weather got alittle warmer.

The second night was dress up night. That night we went to the steakhouse. Food wasn't bad there but if my dad didn't pay for it, i probably wouldn't have wasted my money on it.

Some nights the food was good, but there was bad nights too. The melting cake was only cooked right one time out of the three times i had it. The food got worse as the cruise went on...i'm not sure why.

I didnt meet my room stewart till the second day. I had Rodney who had some kind of problem making towel animals. I was on deck 10.

My dad was on deck 9 and got very nice towel animals.

Room service was great and always on time.

Todd the cruise director was great...all the shows were great. James the assistant cruise director was great too. I liked both of them and they were better than most other lines cruise directors. They always kept us busy.

The shows were fantastic. Loved all of them. The laser show was good...only one standed out more than the others.

The first port we stopped at was cape canaveral...we took a shuttle to Coco beach and got back in time for thanksgiving diner which was not good at all. Not all trimmings were there and not much to say about it. Ill be making my real thanksgiving diner this weekend.

The second port was Nassau. This was my third time there and i think ive seen it all. The people have changed there and its now to a point that if i sail there again...i probably wont get off the ship.

Freeport was beautiful...we had great weather. I went to the beach and rode the banana boat and wouldnt you know, it ran out of gas with me in the middle of the ocean. I was the only adult on this and the kids were getting scared and starting to cry but i calmed them down and they were ok then.

I will continue after diner.

I was in a balcony room 10220 forward. I could see the capt every morning out my balcony. My balcony was always wet...im not sure why. A helicopter woke us up early in the bahamas and later we were told they were filming a comercial of the ship....Hope its not true...I wonder how many people went out to look in their PJ's....... hopefully.

Most days i ordered breakfast to my cabin...Room service was great and always on time.

Every morning i would go out my door and someones dishes from room service were in front of my door. I moved them a few times to come back later to find them in front of my cabin again. One morning i had some food all over the front of my door...im not sure what happened there. I thought someone got sick in front of my doorway..when i got back...it was cleaned and gone.

The crew are very hard workers...i just dont think there is enough of them.

There were 4,200 people on this sailing 1,400 children.

Would i sail on The dream again...I would say Yes, depite all the highs and lows.

I loved our waiter SASA and Maximo (Tea man) I called him. And our bar guy NE-mo.....thats the way you say it but in dont think thats the way you spell it. We nicknamed him Nicholas.

It is a beautiful ship and everyone should be so lucky to try her at least one time.

I had a great time and im hoping to be able to cruise again soon.

Hope you all enjoyed my review.:D:D:D

Sailing with 1400 kids wasn't bad at all unless you were picking your little on up from camp carnival. Sometimes there was quite a line. I've sailed Disney 6 times and you notice the kids there! It's a smaller ship and they are everywhere. This ship is so big and camp carnival does a great job keeping them busy.

I would imagine in warmer weather they will be on that water slide all day. No worries. There are plenty of adult only spots to escape from them if you don't like traveling with kids.

Great, thanks. What was it like with 1400 kids?

I work with kids, so it didn't bother me. The one thing that DID bother me is that alot of the children took up room on the dance lessons classes and some of the kids were in the hot tubs and parents allowed it. Another is that the kids had no curfue like on other cruise lines. For having that many children on board, they really werent that bad...most were pretty well behaved.

Just got off the dream yesterday and will answer any questions you would like to know about my sailing.

The side hot tubs look pretty cool. Did you ever use them? Were they always full? Just wondering if it would be a headache to try and get in.

We just got off the Splendor, which was pretty nice, although with 3,600 guests, we noticed a difference from our other cruises. We are looking at a future cruise, and are trying to decide which one to take. I think the Dream looks fabulous, but can't decide if the number of people on board could be a downside...

Archived