Difference between full suites on the Sapphire Princess

Working 2 Cruise

We are going on the Sapphire Princess on May 1 and have a guarantee mini-suite. I have been told that there is a chance of being upgraded to a full suite. I assume that, in this instance, we would get the lower full suite, which is the Vista Suite. Is there much of a difference between that one and the Penthouse Suite? Thanks for your responses... I can hardly wait to go.

We are going on the Sapphire Princess on May 1 and have a guarantee mini-suite. I have been told that there is a chance of being upgraded to a full suite. I assume that, in this instance, we would get the lower full suite, which is the Vista Suite. Is there much of a difference between that one and the Penthouse Suite? Thanks for your responses... I can hardly wait to go.

The chance of being upgraded to a full suite is slightly possible, but definitely not probable. Can it happen? Yes, but the chance is about 1 in 10,000.

Those that do get lucky and are upgraded to a full suite are upgraded to the full suites that did not sell. There is a slight difference in the suites onboard, but much of it has to do with their location. There is no rhyme or reason to upgrades, it just all depends on how lucky you are and what is available that was not booked.

Good luck, but don't actually count on being upgraded, it honestly doesn't happen very often anymore.

Thanks for the feedback. We are in a VS on our upcoming Sapphire cruise then we are in a PS on our October Emerald cruise. Since Princess just uses a "generic" suite diagram I was curious if we could expect to see any difference.

Jerry

I've been in both a VS and a PS on the Grand and the only difference between the two (at least on that ship) is that there was a desk in the living room area of the PS and not in the VS. Both had large balconies, though perhaps the PS was a bit larger.

We were upgraded from a mini (AE) to a full suite (PS) on a 12 day New Zealand to Australia cruisetour on Princess. We were aft on the Caribe deck. A great cabin with a terrific wake view. Not sure why they didn't upgrade the folks from a VS to a PS and just give us a VS on a lower deck.

Thanks for the feedback. We are in a VS on our upcoming Sapphire cruise then we are in a PS on our October Emerald cruise. Since Princess just uses a "generic" suite diagram I was curious if we could expect to see any difference.

Jerry

Just a tad smaller in size. Location of the VS category suites is aft which is actually better that PH suites (Emerald, Ruby, Crown) which we have twice stayed in./ The PH balconies (Rivera deck) have very narrow balconies and IMHO are a poor value for what you pay. VS suites on the otherhand have much deeper balconies on the aft of the ship. This brings up one more thing I'd like to say about the CROWN class ships. IMHO they lack any individual identity. Rooms are plain and uninspiring. On the Grand class ships they took away the over the top suites and made the owner's suite bigger with nothing in the room to make you feel good about paying an arm and a leg for the cruise.

Bob

Archived