Stay and Cruise- laundry?

I've read posts about there being a laundry on Celebration. Now, my planning for 1 week in Sharm, followed by the Red Sea cruise depends on this, because of the weight for the flights.

If I pack several items for the 1st week, will I be able to access the laundry straight away to make sure we'll have enough clothes for the 2nd week? We're trying to work out a plan, because of having to take DH's DJ plus all his snorkelling equipment, dinner shoes etc.

If we can cut down on the number of tee shirts, shorts, trousers etc, it will make a big difference to the weight.

Thanks- jocap.:)

there are several self serve laundries on Celebration plus the ships laundry. Last time I cruised on Celebration the laundries were free but you payed for the ships laundry.

IIRC the laundries opened at something like 8am so if you arrive in the afternoon you should be able to get in a quick wash before evening.

Tip - check out the deck plan. The laundry on higher decks may be used less than those down in 'steerage' :)

I've read posts about there being a laundry on Celebration. Now, my planning for 1 week in Sharm, followed by the Red Sea cruise depends on this, because of the weight for the flights.

If I pack several items for the 1st week, will I be able to access the laundry straight away to make sure we'll have enough clothes for the 2nd week? We're trying to work out a plan, because of having to take DH's DJ plus all his snorkelling equipment, dinner shoes etc.

If we can cut down on the number of tee shirts, shorts, trousers etc, it will make a big difference to the weight.

Thanks- jocap.:)

Yes, use of laundry facilities (plus dryers and irons) are free. There are several laundries and as you get on the first day of your cruise, unless there are a lot of stay/cruise passengers like you, most will be arriving from the UK with their cases full of clean clothes! At least I hope so!! :eek: If that's the case I can't see there being much pressure on the laundries when you first embark. Also, on the first day, there is often information in your cabin offering a bag of laundry done for a fixed price - I've never taken advantage of it, but it did look like quite a good deal to me. Look out for it - you may wish to take advantage of it - so you can find those sunbeds (and a cocktail) and start your cruise in style ;)

The deal on laundry was £6.99 for one bag which you could stuff quite a lot in. Self service is still free.

A word of advice, make absolutely sure what your weight allowance is before you go, there were lots of people getting caught out when flying back from Sharm, the Egyptian authorities are a law unto themselves, and they carry big guns.

BIG THANKS for all that help! I think the laundry bag is terrific value- it was $25 on special offer night on NCL Jade!- can't even remember what the normal price was- and of course, they had no laundrettes!

I think I'll head straight for the laundry, and if it's having the day off for turnaround, I'll stuff a bag right away.

Most grateful- Jo.

Does anyone know if the 'laundry bag' offer was available on ships without self service facilities? We are due to sail on Dream next July (2 weeks b2b) which has no self service laundry facility. With 3 children, being able to launder a 'bag' of shorts and t-shirts would ceratinly make packing much easier. I don't want to end up paying for a 'per item' service though for the childrens clothes!

• 2 months later...

Everyone who helped me.....it worked marvellously!:D

We were on the ship from Baron Palms hotel before 2pm, and I flung all the white things straight in the washer (we were in 815, right behind the laundry on 1), had lunch, put things in the drier, and had a whole set of wearable things by 4pm, before everyone had arrived from the planes!

What a cruise!:cool: It's our 7th cruise on 5 different lines, and I think it's set a whole new standard in entertainment for us! Will be writing a review once I've got my land legs back.-jocap.

Everyone who helped me.....it worked marvellously!:D

We were on the ship from Baron Palms hotel before 2pm, and I flung all the white things straight in the washer (we were in 815, right behind the laundry on 1), had lunch, put things in the drier, and had a whole set of wearable things by 4pm, before everyone had arrived from the planes!

What a cruise!:cool: It's our 7th cruise on 5 different lines, and I think it's set a whole new standard in entertainment for us! Will be writing a review once I've got my land legs back.-jocap.

Great! I love it when a plan comes together - as they say!! :D:D:D So pleased it all worked out so well for you - and that you had a good time - and thanks for reporting back. I'll look forward to reading your review - and especially what you consider the pluses and minuses compared with your other cruises. :)

Fantastic ,it,s great how we women get organised ;) the men would still have been looking for the laundry :D looking forward to your review

mrs.c

:):) How true,my husband wouldn't even know what a washing machine looked like!

Archived