Our First Seadream Cruise!

artlee

I used them the second night with much success. I think I am good for tonite. Off to dinner. Weird around 5:30 while still achored we started rolling back and forth, each time further. On the deepest one all glasses went flying on deck. Suzanne was on 5 and everthing hit the floor. I ws in the lobby speaking to Meridith about our next cruise and the vases in the lounge hit the floor. Looking out on the sea, it was simply gentle waves, not enough to cause the commotion. No problems, just weird. We are on our way to Jost Van Dyke. We are making sure there are plenty of rations left for FT.

I used them the second night with much success. I think I am good for tonite. Off to dinner. Weird around 5:30 while still achored we started rolling back and forth, each time further. On the deepest one all glasses went flying on deck. Suzanne was on 5 and everthing hit the floor. I ws in the lobby speaking to Meridith about our next cruise and the vases in the lounge hit the floor. Looking out on the sea, it was simply gentle waves, not enough to cause the commotion. No problems, just weird. We are on our way to Jost Van Dyke. We are making sure there are plenty of rations left for FT.

Could have been that they were picking up one anchor and then the other ... or perhaps changing the engine thrust in preparation to pick up the anchors?

Just guesses on my part ... I am sure that Jim can weigh in on what might have caused the roll.

Do which one did you book Art?

Are you going to take the tender into Foxy's tonight after dinner?

We are on our way to Jost Van Dyke. We are making sure there are plenty of rations left for FT.

your generosity is very much appreciated, Artlee. Hope you and Suzanne enjoy the C&C Splash tomorrow. White Bay is so wonderful - especially when you aren't there on a Saturday or Sunday (gets awfully crowded then).

FT

I believe they are meclazine. All I know is that they work!!

Glad they worked for you. They did NOT work for us. :eek: [is there a hurling emoticon? ROFL!]

I think my poor DH created a new definition for HEAVE-HO during our SDII Caribbean voyage! :) Of course, he gets sick in elevators...and I fall down stairs. We're a great pair...makes you want to cruise with us, doesn't it??? :eek::D

Art - glad to hear you survived. You'll both love the Splash.

One cannotdescribe how wonderful the champaigne and caiar splash is. I will try to do it a little justice from home. I will probably have to go for another batch of minutes with only one day to go. I hate saying those words.

I am still awaiting Meridith's answer which I feel certain will be positive and then we will book 12/5 --nine nights of spoiling. I hope we can finalize it tomorrow so we will have it to think about as we get off.

Off to dinner. Still achored at Jost Van Dyke.

One cannotdescribe how wonderful the champaigne and caiar splash is. I will try to do it a little justice from home. I will probably have to go for another batch of minutes with only one day to go. I hate saying those words.

I am still awaiting Meridith's answer which I feel certain will be positive and then we will book 12/5 --nine nights of spoiling. I hope we can finalize it tomorrow so we will have it to think about as we get off.

Off to dinner. Still achored at Jost Van Dyke.

Now you TOTALLY understand Art:D

Welcome home:p

Back home with work tomorrow, yikes! Long day today. Will do a final review as I recoop. Wonderful time and we did rebook.

Welcome home & congrats on the booking. Hope you're able to ease into the real world. It can be a hard transition. :)

Welcome home Art! Can you believe this weather:mad:

Looking forward to your final review as I greatly enjoyed your live reports!

Congrats on booking your next cruise ... I think knowing when you will be back on board makes all the difference with SD withdraw!

DisneyJen, I think you are right. Knowing we are going again in 12 (short) months will help us get through. It may take me a couple days to put everything together but suffice it to say, that even though all of you had set my bar so high in my mind I thought it would be impossible to meet, but meet it we did, and then went speeding by it. Awesome.

DisneyJen, I think you are right. Knowing we are going again in 12 (short) months will help us get through. It may take me a couple days to put everything together but suffice it to say, that even though all of you had set my bar so high in my mind I thought it would be impossible to meet, but meet it we did, and then went speeding by it. Awesome.

We all will be here waiting for you review Art!

So glad to know that you cleared the bar ... and then some:p

Thanks for your great review Art. I also noticed the hash browns. With so much other good stuff to eat I even forgot to mention it. Awful soggy, gray little hockey pucks. Not like that before. Must be what was available from a supplier. Why not get the great ones from Waffle House. they come in 100lb sacks!:eek: Or even the hashbrowns at MickeyDs. Oh well didn't need the extra calories anyway. Hey, seeing how you enjoyed your first SD trip so much ALMOST made it worthwhile getting off the ship on the 4th to make room for you.:D Welcome to the band of past SeaDreamers looking forward to the next one.

Jim.

There were two infants on board and fortunately both were great and did not bother anyone. But when first spotted the reaction was the same from all the other passengers, "why did they bring kids."

Well, I can answer that since we brought one of them (the little girl from deck 2, age 1). We brought her because

• We knew she would be good and not bother anyone but have a good time instead. (This was her second real cruise.)

• Mommy needed the break

All in all it worked like a charm. People have been very friendly to the baby and she made quite some folks smile, as well. She is generally very quiet and I do not think that she bothered anyone. Given her age she is now one of the youngest members of the club.

Personally I have to say that I rather have a nice kid on board than a nasty adult. Having an enjoyable cruise does not depend so much on the age but rather on the personality of the folks you are cruising with.

Cheers!

P.S.: We enjoyed this one, too. Somehow Seadream did again put together a great cruise. We met lovely people. We were at great ports. As you said: The shaking was definetly the worst we ever had on any cruise. (Been on SD twice before). The roll on Anguilla cleared out our stateroom table and spilled all the drinks on the floor.

She was a doll. I think all on board felt like adopting her. All her outfits were just too cute. I played a game of hide and seek over lunch one day with her and was loving it. I would peek around the chair and she would smile. I think her age and the young boy's age were fine. I worry that older would be bored silly (maybe I'm wrong?). No offense was meant. As I said she was terrific and obviously Mom knows best. Anyone's fears were alleviated pretty quickly with both children. You are more than correct .. a great child or not so great adult, I'll take the child any day. We have all seen plenty of adults that acted more like spoiled kids than kids do themselves.

MsPumpkin outed!! We really enjoyed meeting you and Mr Pumpkin! You made our cruise all the better!! I can't call you a lurker anymore! Hope we can do it together again next December!

Archived