Paper luggage tags? Seriously?

Justcrusin

O.K. Let me start by saying I love Carnival, but I think they could have done a bit better than these lousy paper luggage tags. Now I've got to fight with a roll of tape to laminate these thing?

Anyone else have a better idea? Ohh and Carnival charge me an extra $2 for the pre-printed ready to go luggage tags, I'm O.K. with that!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Justcrusin: Like Head Coach George Allen used to say, "The future is now." Now that most people have computers and printers instead of recieving the paperwork from the cruise line you could just print it out including luggage tags. At least we don't have to wait for the papers which always seem to arrive in the last few weeks. Right when you are busy getting ready to go.

Yeah they can add the extra dollar back on to the price of the fare and send us some like in the past:D If it is all about cutting a dollar they can do it in a way that it does not inconvenience the customer.........

Next thing you know you will have to carry your bags on yourself....oh wait a minute a lot of people already do that:D

Think they all do it this way now....even the wholesalers (used to get nice leather bound wraps for tickets and travel docs, now it is print your own....

Just got off the ship on Sunday. We printed the tags out and attached them to our luggage only to have the guy checking our bags in rip them off and attach different tags. He said they are not the tags they use. :confused:

Consistency is not one of Carnivals best attributes:D But did ya tip

him:confused:

One of the good things about all this is when you buy packing tape to laminate the tags, there's a chance its made by the company I work for...3M...they make really good packing tape, along with a zillion other kinds of tape...so...when you buy all that tape, you might be helping me keep my job..lol...so..by an extra roll or two!! :)

I actually enjoy the 10 minutes it takes to put some clear tape on them. The kids noticed I was doing it and got excited. Then the tags get stapled to our suitcase handles. All part of the ritual. Life is good. :cool:

Agreed! Just part of the buildup to the big day!

Not sure what all the fuss is about. I simply use the tags the way they were designed right from my printer. I use 5-6 staples to secure them around the luggage handles and put two tags in different places on each bag. I have not lost a single tag yet. I have done this since they started this program which is probably 10-12 cruises ago.

O.K. Let me start by saying I love Carnival, but I think they could have done a bit better than these lousy paper luggage tags. Now I've got to fight with a roll of tape to laminate these thing?

Anyone else have a better idea? Ohh and Carnival charge me an extra $2 for the pre-printed ready to go luggage tags, I'm O.K. with that!

I totally agree! I have started using cardstock paper to print mine and that does seem to be stronger, but I wish the old ones were back.

Loved the idea from previous poster about the sticky paper. May have to try that too. I just have a solid dislike for the flimsy paper ones and the inconvenience of having to tape or staple or whatever... jmo

Not sure what all the fuss is about. I simply use the tags the way they were designed right from my printer. I use 5-6 staples to secure them around the luggage handles and put two tags in different places on each bag. I have not lost a single tag yet. I have done this since they started this program which is probably 10-12 cruises ago.

You have been on 12 cruises in a year........nice.....

I don't know........I know when we sailed Princess we did e docs but they also mailed us pre printed tags like the airlines use.......

NCL does both "print your own" as well as a mailed package with paper-type tag with adhesive on the ends. (That and their non-linear buffets are two of the few nice things about that line.)

I have used the paper ones you print yourselves on three Carnival cruises without any issues. All three, we drove to the port, and attached there. Luggage arrived safe and sound. If this keeps the price of cruising down, I am fine with it.

Archived