Looking for best excursions with teens

Gumtree

We'll be on the Spirit in July with our children, 14 & 15. We're going to do the glacier trek in Juneau. I'm looking for suggestions for other ports, as well as what to do with the remainder of our time in Juneau (after or before the trek) - we're there from 9a-11p. Thank you!

Ketchikan, Skagway & Sitka.

I love to horseback ride, but my son had a bad experience; not sure if I could talk him into it. Might be an option if he & dad wanted to do one thing ~ daughter & I could do that.

I was wondering about the bike ride in Skagway and wilderness sea kayak in Sitka.

I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

If your son wants to try horseback riding again, Joni's is a good place as they have always somebody staying at the ranch who could come out with a quad and bring him back to the ranch if he doesn't feel safe on the horse.

Otherwise I agree that it is better to split up than to do something that your son doesn't really like.

Information about the horseback tour: www.yukonhorses.com and www.southeasttours.com

We'll be on the Serenade in June w/ our kids 13 and 16. In Juneau, we're doing the helicopter glacier trek, in Skagway, we're doing the Yukon horseback tour with Joni, and in Ketchikan, we're kayaking with Souteast Sea Kayaks. Hope this helps.

Hey Rachel ~ your plan sounds like mine! We've confirmed our glacier trek & ketchikan kayak. My daughter & I are going horseback riding in Skagway, don't know what the "boys" are going to do. Now all we have is to plan Sitka. Enjoy your cruise! Laura

Archived