Limo service from Long Beach to San Pedro?

downsized

We're an extended family of nine arriving 03/19 at Long Beach destined for San Pedro, (Crowne Plaza) to sail on 03/20.

It appears that the shuttle service for nine from Long Beach will be more than renting a limo!

GA Limo wants a flat rate of $95 for a stretch limo seating 10.

Has anyone had dealings with them? Pros, cons, better suggestions?

Does this sound like the right idea for a crowd this size?

I just did www.karmel.com for 9 Lgb to San Pedro and got $90 for and exclusive van for up to 10 people. Where are you getting your shuttle price? We did a limo once and the luggage wouldn't all fit, the trunk wouldn't close and I was afraid the whole way to the airport we'd lose something:eek: On the way back, we used a shuttle van and everything fit no problems.

Good Luck

Ron

I just did www.karmel.com for 9 Lgb to San Pedro and got $90 for and exclusive van for up to 10 people. Where are you getting your shuttle price? We did a limo once and the luggage wouldn't all fit, the trunk wouldn't close and I was afraid the whole way to the airport we'd lose something:eek: On the way back, we used a shuttle van and everything fit no problems.

Good Luck

Ron

Oddly, I never even considered the luggage! :confused:

Although the grandkids would love the Limo, it sounds like the shuttle is the way to get there! Thanks!

The advice you have gotten is good. You canot possibly get all of those people and the accompanying luggage in a limo. By the way I was suprised to hear the price for the limo. Most limo companies have an hour rate but normally it requires a 2 hour minimum.

Keith

The advice you have gotten is good. You canot possibly get all of those people and the accompanying luggage in a limo. By the way I was suprised to hear the price for the limo. Most limo companies have an hour rate but normally it requires a 2 hour minimum.

Keith

Thanks Kieth,

That is precisely why I posted here.

I did a google search on LA area limos and contacted 5 of them.

Their prices ranged from $275 to $95!

G Line was the cheapest, and the owner answered two of my e-mails within 30 minutes. When I called, he was personable, friendly and very helpful. He quoted me a flat rate of $95 for 10 people from LGB to Crowne Point, with an offer of $60 per hour for any sightseeing that we may want to do.

It never occured to me that there might be a luggage problem (thanks to those here that pointed that out!)

We've never been to SoCal before, so we are using what info that we can find, and hoping for the best.

Again, thanks to all that suggested that a van would better suit our needs, as that is exactly the course that we will pursue.

We just used 24-7 Ride Shuttle Service this past weekend to get from Long Beach Airport to our home in Orange County. They were very prompt and had very competitive prices. It might be worth a call to their toll free phone number to see what they have to offer. Plus you could discuss your luggage concern with them since you are a larger party of travelers. Below is their website.

http://www.24-7ride.com/index.php

We just used 24-7 Ride Shuttle Service this past weekend to get from Long Beach Airport to our home in Orange County. They were very prompt and had very competitive prices. It might be worth a call to their toll free phone number to see what they have to offer. Plus you could discuss your luggage concern with them since you are a larger party of travelers. Below is their website.

http://www.24-7ride.com/index.php

Thank you!

Now, I hate to sound like a Rube....but please keep in mind that we come from a very small town...(they just installed our first traffic light 4 years ago, and I still hate it!)

We've 7 hours from disembartation to our flight home. Your advice, please, should we just head for the airport and "post cruise celebrate" in the airport bar, or should we rent a van and try to sightsee...

The last time that I was in Long Beach was in 1966 (I rode on the Pike, twice!) I suspect that Long Beach has changed a bit, since then.

I am also originally from a small town in Idaho.......so no apologies needed. :-)

Are you calculating your 7 hours from the time of arrival shown on your cruise docs? Which if you are on the NCL Star.....that would be 8am. You do realize that it is possible that disembarkation could start later than that time.....right? So, it appears that you are probably on a flight out of Long Beach at around 3pm. Not sure if you have ever flown into LGB before. It is a super SMALL airport.....not sure that a bar would consist of much. We flew in grabbed our luggage and got on the shuttle......so I didn't pay much attention to the facilities within the airport.

OK, now back to your original question. :-) Since you are such a large group, you may want to find a tour company that would give you and your family a tour of the Long Beach area. Many would tell you to get over to Long Beach Aquarium......but not sure what you would do with your luggage. I am sorry that I don't have any recommendations for a tour company. You will probably want to be at the Long Beach airport about 60 to 90 mins before flight time......so be sure to build that into your plans.

Sorry this hasn't been that much help. Hope you have a great time on your Mexican Riveria cruise.

Thank you!

Now, I hate to sound like a Rube....but please keep in mind that we come from a very small town...(they just installed our first traffic light 4 years ago, and I still hate it!)

We've 7 hours from disembartation to our flight home. Your advice, please, should we just head for the airport and "post cruise celebrate" in the airport bar, or should we rent a van and try to sightsee...

The last time that I was in Long Beach was in 1966 (I rode on the Pike, twice!) I suspect that Long Beach has changed a bit, since then.

Archived