Kudos for SS on SB review.

dwelsh

I'm a devoted Seabourn fan who just took my first cruise on Silversea. I would give higher marks to Seabourn on the food and service, but I loved the Shadow and rebooked it for next year. I think it's really hard to compare the two lines, they each have their pluses and minuses. Now, that would have annoyed me too....the blaring music at night. I'm glad the OP tried Seabourn, they are magical. I understand completely all his comments, good and not so good

When you think about it, aren't we lucky to be on these ships at all? What a privilege to sail on either Seabourn or Silversea. We are fortunate people.

I appreciate honest reviews, so I appreciate his straightforward commentary on the Spirit. Merry Christmas to everyone too, on land or sea!

Jane

I agree with Wrirpo. We have had nice experiences on both cruise lines. There are many simiiarities and differences. Some of the differences relate to the specific ships being compared.

But on any cruise line, a very short cruise can be very different than a longer cruise. Passenger demographics are one major factor plus on a five day cruise the cruise line has little time to offer all of the amenities it normally can on a longer voyage. And for the passengers on such a short cruise by the time you begin to relax it would be time to get ready for disembarkation.

Keith

Agree with all the comments above. We all have our favs, and all for no doubt valid reasons. Main point is--by having the choice and competition--the fares are not even higher than they are! Competition is good and helps the end product remain excellent. Glad for both.

Archived