Food poisoning on the Miracle

Why do you think she is asking if anyone else got it:rolleyes:

Considering CC represents only about 1/2 of 1 percent of all cruisers....I don't think the question is relevant here.

If there were others who experienced "food poisoning" on the ship, there would be something in the news about it.

If it was food poisoning, more than 2 people would be affected.

It could just have easily been something consumed ashore.

....or.....could have been the effects of change in diet for the week.

Without confirmation from a physician that it is food poisoning, it's only speculation.

What:confused: OMG what a joke.....of course you can never get food poisoning on a Carnival cruise ship.......what was I thinking :confused: ROFLMAO!!!

I don't believe I gave that impression. I said NOROVIRUS is way more LIKELY than food poisioning. Have another beer and then go to bed :D.

I don't know more than anyone else, but the odds are way in favor of getting a virus when you get on a cruise ship. Of course, people will probably dispute that too.

I just did a "Behind the fun tour", and the chef in the supper club picked up a chunk of meat sitting on a cutting board when we got there. He didn't have gloves on, and cut across the meat picked it up to show us the marbleing in the filet he cut. Then just put it down on the cutting board. I don't know how long the meat was out, and it would make at least 6 filets....I can't remember if he shook our hands before the demo, or not. Hmmm wonder if anybody got sick that night? :confused:

It really does not matter if he held raw meat... the intense temperature of the grill is going to eliminate and surface germs.

Unless someone knows of a super-bug that can withstand a steakhouse grill.

My family went on a cruise on the Sovereign back in '89. My brother ordered a coke and there were only a couple of ice cubes. He asked for more and was told that they were having refrigeration problems- that was a warning!

What was it? Well, in my family, two of us were stricken and they ate the cheesecake, the rest of us didn't. My mom was so ill, that RCL loaned her a wheel chair to get off the ship and she spent an extra night in Miami. On the day of debarcation, sister went to the E.R, they found listeria in her, that comes from poorly refrigerated dairy products. When I posted this on the RCL board (like 9 years after it happened) the royal loyals derided it and attributed the mass sickness to alcohol, rough seas, etc. Fact is that it was food poisoning. Also, as a former adjuster, food poisoning can happen anywhere and most cases are not acknowledge, the person blames it on the "flu".

Years ago, my parents and I went camping in a tent trailer in Banff Nat'l Park in Canada and decided to have dinner at the Banff Springs Hotel (5 star) and they had cheesecake for dessert. Unfortunately, we had 2nd seating and all of the desserts including the cheesecake was left out on a side table. They were sick for 2 days in the campground. Luckily, the bathroom was right across from our campsite. Since then, my mom will not eat cheesecake out. She only eats it if she makes it.

I have never gotten sick in Mexico, but I have gotten sick on a ship. I know it was not from Mexico, because it happened a 2 days after I got on the ship and before we got to Ensenada.

You can get food poisoning anywhere from a 5 star hotel to a street stand. You just have to be careful of what we eat and when you eat it.

Did anyone else get sick on the Miracle? We sailed Nov. 28 and on Friday my husband and I both got food poisoning. Would love to know if anyone else got sick and if they did what did they eat. I plan to let Carnival know.

From one who has had FOOD POISONING... It was less than 15 minutes until I began losing my lunch. Each minute I increasing became sick... By the time I was able to get to a hospital's ER and was diagnose with food poisoning I thought I had died several times. One becomes sick, deadly sick within minutes of the rank food hitting your stomach...

From one who has had chemo-therapy..the nausea & sickness are about the same.

Your body immediately recognizes the poison and begins its self defense .

Wow - harsh crowd on this thread.

It might have been food poisoning - it might have been something else. Only the OP's colon knows for sure.

The OP's initial thought of notifying Carnival is completely reasonable. If Carnival only hears from them, then they would be reasonable by not following up. If they hear from a number of people, they can investigate.

For the person who thought that because they noticed clean conditions on a tour so therefore food poisoning is impossible on Carnival - umm, I suggest a basic science course at a local college.

Too many people here bashing the OP - unless you have personally inspected her stool sample, you don't know if she had a food-borne illness or not.

Sorry, but unless it's been diagnosed as food poisoning, it should not be stated as food poisoning.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the OP to respond.

A friend we cruised with got all those symptoms and blamed the appetizers on the Captain's Party night. Was cabin bound for 2-3 days. Turned out it was the Norovirus.

We all usually blame the last thing we ate or drank but it is not always the case.

Did anyone else get sick on the Miracle? We sailed Nov. 28 and on Friday my husband and I both got food poisoning. Would love to know if anyone else got sick and if they did what did they eat. I plan to let Carnival know.

How did you know it was food poisoning?

:confused:

Considering CC represents only about 1/2 of 1 percent of all cruisers....I don't think the question is relevant here.

Since when is it up to you to decide what is relevant to post on here:confused:

If there were others who experienced "food poisoning" on the ship' date=' there would be something in the news about it.[/b']

Really.....7 of us in our group got food poisoning from a well known Vegas hotel....wasn't in the news........

If it was food poisoning, more than 2 people would be affected.

You are stating this because you have proof there wasn't:confused:

It could just have easily been something consumed ashore.

....or.....could have been the effects of change in diet for the week.

Without confirmation from a physician that it is food poisoning, it's only speculation.

It is alright to speculate if it is thought that it could have happened on shore:confused: ROFLMAO!!!

No they didn't get confirmation.......half the people that get food poisoning or the flu never get confirmation......means squat......IMO!!

I don't believe I gave that impression. I said NOROVIRUS is way more LIKELY than food poisioning. Have another beer and then go to bed :D.

No offense to the OP, but whatever they had was not due to anything improper with the food. Noroviruses and similar bugs are rampant on cruise ships, and they mess up your insides something awful. But that is not food poisioning. It was caused by fecal matter that got ingested -- another way of saying someone did not wash their hands.

Okey Dokey:rolleyes:

Wow - harsh crowd on this thread.

It might have been food poisoning - it might have been something else. Only the OP's colon knows for sure.

The OP's initial thought of notifying Carnival is completely reasonable. If Carnival only hears from them, then they would be reasonable by not following up. If they hear from a number of people, they can investigate.

For the person who thought that because they noticed clean conditions on a tour so therefore food poisoning is impossible on Carnival - umm, I suggest a basic science course at a local college.

Too many people here bashing the OP - unless you have personally inspected her stool sample, you don't know if she had a food-borne illness or not.

Ignorance really IS bliss!:D

I don't know more than anyone else, but the odds are way in favor of getting a virus when you get on a cruise ship. Of course, people will probably dispute that too.

The CDC says you are EIGHT times more likely to contract Noro at home than you are on a cruise ship. Schools, churches, malls, theaters, HOSPITALS, sporting events, offices, etc.

It really does not matter if he held raw meat... the intense temperature of the grill is going to eliminate and surface germs.

Unless someone knows of a super-bug that can withstand a steakhouse grill.

Does anyone really think that that demo piece of meat was ever cooked and served?? Really, people! and isn't it fascinating to see all the "experts" diagnosing via internet... SHEESH!!!

Not true.......it affects everyone differently........

I didn't know you were a doctor ~~!!~~

The DOCTORS who treated me in the ER both told me that ~~!!~~

Sooooo you are calling the doctors a LIAR ?????????? OK. I/they stand corrected !!

Sooo sorry to the rest of the board for repeating LIES even thought their advice cost me a LOT more dollars than the glibbest passed around by know-it-all's

Does anyone really think that that demo piece of meat was ever cooked and served?? Really, people! and isn't it fascinating to see all the "experts" diagnosing via internet... SHEESH!!!

Demo meat? We were in the galley. It's where meat lives. You think the have a special meat cutting ceremony that no one can see, and otherwise it is demo meat?

We saw the real deal and I assure you the meat in the galley was cooked and served, since it was absolutely the same as any other piece of meat in the restaurant.

(Yeah, I can hear all the ladies are snickering now...)

Archived