other person not paid in full!!

airlink diva

I'm booked on the Triumph five day cruise in March. This cruise is my first group cruise (a local radio station) and I was sailing with a first timer.

I paid my portion off quite early (this is due to the fact that I have a second,more expensive cruise in December 2010 that I'm working on). My cabinmate still had to pay her part off by December 1st.

Yesterday I get a call from the travel agent handling the reservations. My cabinmate still owes money on her part! Since I don't see her daily, I sent her an e-mail reminding her that the final payment is past due.

What I want to know is how is this going to effect me since half of the cabin is paid in full. I really don't want to go as a solo cruiser,mainly because this means paying more at a short time (I can pay the difference next week). If the other person can't go, will Carnival refund me my money back?

This piss me off because I also have purchase my train tickets for the trip and have car reservations.

Help me out!!

I'm booked on the Triumph five day cruise in March. This cruise is my first group cruise (a local radio station) and I was sailing with a first timer.

I paid my portion off quite early (this is due to the fact that I have a second,more expensive cruise in December 2010 that I'm working on). My cabinmate still had to pay her part off by December 1st.

Yesterday I get a call from the travel agent handling the reservations. My cabinmate still owes money on her part! Since I don't see her daily, I sent her an e-mail reminding her that the final payment is past due.

What I want to know is how is this going to effect me since half of the cabin is paid in full. I really don't want to go as a solo cruiser,mainly because this means paying more at a short time (I can pay the difference next week). If the other person can't go, will Carnival refund me my money back?

This piss me off because I also have purchase my train tickets for the trip and have car reservations.

Help me out!!

Is this a charter or some special sailing? I don't see the cruise listed on the Carnival website.

You still are over 90 days from the cruise so I don't understand how your cabin mates payment is past due.

Bill

Is this a charter or some special sailing? I don't see the cruise listed on the Carnival website.

You still are over 90 days from the cruise so I don't understand how your cabin mates payment is past due.

Bill

It's not a charter cruise. One of the local radio stations in Memphis DJ's put together a group cruise. There's about 200 people who are set to sail on the Triumph with the radio station. The group will have one or two private functions and that's it. The rates were very reasonable and you had to place a small deposit down. The due date for the final payment for the cruise was December 1st. We sail on March 1,2010. We are under 90 days to sailing.

Like I stated, the per person part for my portion of the cabin was paid in full. However the person that I'm sharing with still owes a little over half of her portion.

It's not a charter cruise. One of the local radio stations in Memphis DJ's put together a group cruise. There's about 200 people who are set to sail on the Triumph with the radio station. The group will have one or two private functions and that's it. The rates were very reasonable and you had to place a small deposit down. The due date for the final payment for the cruise was December 1st. We sail on March 1,2010. We are under 90 days to sailing.

Like I stated, the per person part for my portion of the cabin was paid in full. However the person that I'm sharing with still owes a little over half of her portion.

OK I see your sailing now. I know some agencies ask for payments sooner then they are due in case there are procrastinators or maybe with a group cruise you need to be paid in full sooner then a regular booking.

I did a fake booking a the final payment wouldn't be due for a regular booking until 12/31/09 but like I said it may be different if it's a group booking.

Bill

That's awful. My best friends and I have been travelling together for the last 8 years, and we trust each other. Then, last year, we were potentially faced with a similar situation when a "friend" tried to weasel her way into booking with us. I treated the situation thusly: I told her that "we always pay in full, up front; will that be a problem?" She himmed and hawed, and declined. We were not going there with someone whom we'd not travelled in the past. The "up front, in full" put the kybosh on the whole affair. If I hadn't been adament, we would have had the same problem as you. I hope it works out for you, though.

Help me out!!

Your friend can screw you over because they can cancel and get at least half if not more back since its only early penalty phase.

Steve

Yeah, your due date with the cruise line hasn't come up yet. However, the group you are going with likely put an earlier deadline on it because of ppl just like your friend - ppl who refuse to pay on time even when they knew exactly when they needed their money in by. By putting an earlier date on it, not only does it make things easier for the TA (200 bookings to pay is many, many hours of work!!), but it gives cruisers extra time to get their money in before the cabin is cancelled, which is especially important when there is another/are other ppl in that cabin who have been good and already paid.

Definitely do talk with her, though!! Don't be light on the situation, since it could cost you money if she doesn't pay up.

I talked to the other person on Thursday. She contacted the travel agent and said she will have it paid by Tuesday. I will check back on Tuesday to make sure.

If she don't I will just go alone. But I will have to change from an inside to an outside cabin. She will try to keep me from paying any additional money since I was paid in full awhile back. I thank her for trying to smooth it out for me if I do it solo.

This is the primary reason on my cruises that I sail solo. This way I don't have to worry about someone else paying their part.

I have a better idea:

First, find out if the friend is going or not. It is decision time - pay up or drop out immediately. You don't have to be nice about it. Get a decision.

If she pays up, problem solved. If she drops out, contact the group organizer. Chances are there is someone else in the large group needing a roommate. Or, maybe someone wants to join at the last minute. In either case you can likely hook up with another single person and share the cabin.

People's Court

Judge Greg Mathis

Judge Judy

Judge Joe Brown

Hope I don't see you there, but can understand.

I worked as a TA from 1999 - 2003, did a lot of group bookings, and could tell you some stories! Fortunately, we got everything in writing. More than a few "last-minute" replacements! Good luck to you!

I have a better idea:

First, find out if the friend is going or not. It is decision time - pay up or drop out immediately. You don't have to be nice about it. Get a decision.

If she pays up, problem solved. If she drops out, contact the group organizer. Chances are there is someone else in the large group needing a roommate. Or, maybe someone wants to join at the last minute. In either case you can likely hook up with another single person and share the cabin.

That's an excellent idea. If 200 people booked, there's a good chance someone else is in the situation.

Maybe the radio station could announce one spot just opened up....

I have a better idea:

No thanks! I much rather pay extra to have a cabin by myself than to share with someone that I don't know.

If she don't pay by Tuesday (which is payday), I'm going solo!!

No thanks! I much rather pay extra to have a cabin by myself than to share with someone that I don't know.

If she don't pay by Tuesday (which is payday), I'm going solo!!

Well, to each their own, I guess. I was with an outdoor an social club, and some of the latecomers did what I suggested and it ended up one man and one woman did not have roommates. Neither had a problem with sharing a room so they did. It worked out very well. The fellow was a complete gentleman and it turned out he was a very busy businessman and spent much of the cruise napping - a luxury he just did not have at home. The lady kept with the rest of the group and had a great time.

But I understand if one is not that adventurous. It's just good to know the option is there.

Hi, I had a similar situation, my TA said Carnival would cancel our reservation ( there were 3 of us ) if she didn't pay, she ignored ph calls and emails, so I told the TA to cancel her off the reservation and the TA used the deposit to offset the differance. She was mad at me :mad: because SHE didn't pay and SHE ignored all the attempts to contact her.

Good for us though, cruising drama free !!

Archived