Baby pool on Explorer of the Seas?

I was wondering if there is a baby pool on the explorer. Looking at that cruise for this summer but will have a 18 month old who loves the water and would not want to take her if there was no place for her to get in the water.

Was on the liberty with her last summer and she loved the baby pool there.

Our son was 16 months old when we went on the Explorer. He wore swim diapers and never had a problem. The only thing I did not like was where it was located. It's in the back of the ship in the shade and can be very windy and very chilly. If I'm not mistaken it's also saltwater too.

Our son was 16 months old when we went on the Explorer. He wore swim diapers and never had a problem. The only thing I did not like was where it was located. It's in the back of the ship in the shade and can be very windy and very chilly. If I'm not mistaken it's also saltwater too.

Then you brought him into a pool where he was not permitted. Explorer does not have a pool for children who are not potty trained - only Freedom class and Oasis. Hopefully, security has improved since then as this put all of the other children using the pool at risk.

The "kiddie" pool is on the rear of deck #12, and has a water slide. Due to it being cool/cold on a few days, only a handful of children were using it. The were some attendants standing near by but I don't know if they were "minding" the pool or with another activity.

The "kiddie" pool is on the rear of deck #12, and has a water slide. Due to it being cool/cold on a few days, only a handful of children were using it. The were some attendants standing near by but I don't know if they were "minding" the pool or with another activity.

As mentioned above there were attendants near the pool most of the time, and when we first went to the pool we did ask if it was ok to allow him in with his swim diaper, and we were told he is fine. Maybe it has changed since then but that was the case when we were on Explorer.

our 2 year old is not competely potty trained but he is pretty reliable during the day. he will make a trip to the potty before he goes in the pool and will take frequent brakes to the potty if he is in the pool for a long period of time.

for those that have a problem with swimmies, do you really thing that EVERY kid/adult that has to pee gets out of the pool to do it? people are generally lazy. on carnival, i sat beside the pool sunning and drinking for hours. i noticed some adults NEVER got out of the pool once while i had made three trips in the same amount of time. gross but just a thought

not all adults are on the same, um, "elimination schedule." Most days at work I use the restroom once. Others use it much more frequently.

Do not assume that just because someone did not get out to go use the restroom that they peed in the pool. Some of us just don't have to go very frequently.

Plus, I was a competitive swimmer - I know what a PITA it is to try to put a wet suit on - if it's time to use the restroom, it's time to be done with the suit for the day.

Searching "baby pool" on RCCL's website brought up the following policy - it's a little out of date:

Onboard Policies

Print This Page

Q: Are there any restrictions regarding children in the pools?

A: Please note: Due to Public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups, or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools, or H2O zone.

On the Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas children in diapers, or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone" specially designated for them.

So, except for the Freedom class and Oasis "Baby Splash Zone", non-potty trained children are not allowed in the pools. There was an age range for Adventure Beach posted on AOS, but I don't recall what it is.

not all adults are on the same, um, "elimination schedule." Most days at work I use the restroom once. Others use it much more frequently.

Do not assume that just because someone did not get out to go use the restroom that they peed in the pool. Some of us just don't have to go very frequently.

Plus, I was a competitive swimmer - I know what a PITA it is to try to put a wet suit on - if it's time to use the restroom, it's time to be done with the suit for the day.

i LOVE to people watch. maybe you are right but it was a guy and 2 girls and they kept the server 2x as busy as me! LOL! they were pretty sunburdt and drunk when i finally left.:eek:

As mentioned above there were attendants near the pool most of the time, and when we first went to the pool we did ask if it was ok to allow him in with his swim diaper, and we were told he is fine. Maybe it has changed since then but that was the case when we were on Explorer.

The crew allowed you to get away with it. ;) But officially, no, you weren't suppose to have the non-potty trained child in the pool.

Austin - you were correct about Liberty.....Independence and Freedom (possibly Oasis) are the only other ships that allow non potty trained children into the Baby Splash Zone.

Although Explorer does have a Adventure Beach - it is not for non-potty trained children. It wasn't designed with the same filtration system that the Baby Zone has on the other ships.

i LOVE to people watch. maybe you are right but it was a guy and 2 girls and they kept the server 2x as busy as me! LOL! they were pretty sunburdt and drunk when i finally left.:eek:

Even if you are correct, do you really think that their unconscionciable behavior is an excuse for disregarding the policies regarding non-potty trained youngsters wearing swim diapers which are notoriously unreliable in preventing leakage? Justifying one's own misbehavior by citing someone else's doesn't cut it.:rolleyes:

our 2 year old is not competely potty trained but he is pretty reliable during the day. he will make a trip to the potty before he goes in the pool and will take frequent brakes to the potty if he is in the pool for a long period of time.

for those that have a problem with swimmies, do you really thing that EVERY kid/adult that has to pee gets out of the pool to do it? people are generally lazy. on carnival, i sat beside the pool sunning and drinking for hours. i noticed some adults NEVER got out of the pool once while i had made three trips in the same amount of time. gross but just a thought

You're kidding right. Some of us don't have an overactive bladder and do not require fraquent trips to the toilet. That does in no way mean that we are peeing in the pool. Children who are not pottie trained should be carefully supervised in the kiddie pool and not allowed in the main poos. We were on The Voyager when a small child made some "mud" in one of the main pools causing it to be closed down on a very warm sea day. The parents disregard for ships policy totally affected many, many other guests vacation.

Even if you are correct, do you really think that their unconscionciable behavior is an excuse for disregarding the policies regarding non-potty trained youngsters wearing swim diapers which are notoriously unreliable in preventing leakage? Justifying one's own misbehavior by citing someone else's doesn't cut it.:rolleyes:

Well said!

You're kidding right. Some of us don't have an overactive bladder and do not require fraquent trips to the toilet. That does in no way mean that we are peeing in the pool. Children who are not pottie trained should be carefully supervised in the kiddie pool and not allowed in the main poos. We were on The Voyager when a small child made some "mud" in one of the main pools causing it to be closed down on a very warm sea day. The parents disregard for ships policy totally affected many, many other guests vacation.

Freudian slip? LOL!

OP, Here are 3 photos of the kiddie pool.

IF, the 18 month old is toilet trained, which I doubt at 18 months she is. ;)

That is only a kiddie pool if you aren't wearing a kiddie diaper. :p

I don't want Austin to get the wrong impression. This can be a real deal breaker for some parents.

IF, the 18 month old is toilet trained, which I doubt at 18 months she is. ;)

That is only a kiddie pool if you aren't wearing a kiddie diaper. :p

I don't want Austin to get the wrong impression. This can be a real deal breaker for some parents.

Sorry about posting the photos. I'm 66 years old and my grandsons are in their 20's so I don't read the posts regarding babies or kiddies. :confused:

Just trying to help the OP have a view of the Kiddie/Baby/Children's pool (whatever it is). :)

The issue really isn't pee. The problem is the other thing (the "solid" matter). A swim diaper can usually, but not always, hold in the, um, pieces, but it cannot hold in the bacteria and other pathogens that are in it. Small cruise ship pools are not at all like the large public pools on land; they are not treated with super high levels of chemicals and they do not have the volume to begin to dilute any contamination. One accident and the pool must be closed, drained, cleaned, and refilled, which usually takes it out of service for the day.

I cannot imagine why any parent would either risk the health of other children (and adults) or their own child's health. I'm sorry that it doesn't seem fair, but it's for the health and safety of everyone.

beachchick

Archived