Lunch on the Explorer 12/11/09

If you would be kind enough to inquire as to what work will be done on the Explorer when it is in drydock next month I would really appreciate it. Both mechanical and aesthetic work info would be great!

Thank you for offering to do this for all of us!

Eric

Just make sure they keep the ship there until we get on! Taking the train from DC tomorrow morning. On the Indy transatlantic a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I both thought the 'quality' of food in the MDR had gone downhill, though the WJ was great for evening meals. Perhaps you could find out if it is RCI's perception (in the current financial climate) that the food is the same or not, as many fellow travellers commented on it as well.

Simon

Pat, I did the TA lunch earlier this year and had a nice time. We had an opportunity to walk around and visit the ship, which I really enjoy.

I also would be interested in knowing what is going to happen during dry dock (when is that scheduled?). I have people planning on next October.

If you would be kind enough to inquire as to what work will be done on the Explorer when it is in drydock next month I would really appreciate it. Both mechanical and aesthetic work info would be great!

Eric

Pat,

That sounds like fun!! I second and third the questions about what is being done in dry dock?? Is there anything else other than cleaning, carpet repairs, painting, etc that will be done. Anything being added or replaced??

As well, it would be interesting to hear their impression of the car damage at the port in Bayonne and if they have received confirmed that things have been fixed so that it doesn't happen again.

Have fun.

Sue L - yes sorry I will miss you.

Drydock - January 3 - January 14. I am very curious what they will do to her during drydock.

Parking issue and food. I have never parked there - usually take a car service but heard about that issue. I do think that the quality of food is not quite the same as it was a few years ago. I'll ask.

I will try to get answers to all of these.

Eric

Eric...look on the live from thread i have...the captain told us a bunch of stuff, and i put it up there!

RC doesn't own the lot...the company that does has been paying... i do't think they were painting when we boarded.

as for drydock..

scheduled maintenence on all engines and bw thrusters and the stabilizers..

paint//sandblasting the underside

painting various areas

recarpeting....public areas and some staterooms

some upholstery cleaning and repair

the captain did not specifically state that all cabins are being renovated, but the L.A. alluded to that fact......they will start work as soon as all the pax from the christmas crusie are off....

I couldn't find this thread so I posted on a different thread when I got back.

So of course they would not address the issue of the food. They fed us a very good lunch so acted like food is like this all the time!

The parking problem - they don't own the parking lot so they ignore that too.

What will be done on drydock from January 3 - January 14 is really nothing more than carpets and tv's being replaced. Of course I had hoped for another specialty restaurant but that's a no.

I did read on another thread that Sue bought a disposable car cover for about $25 and it did the trick at the Bayonne port.

The drydock is mainly to do 5 year maintenence on the engines and stabilizers...they aren't gonna rip her apart....(although I tend to agree Pat, i would like CHOPS!!!!:D)

She DOES need a paint job though.....especially the outside! Granted, there will always be rust, but she's kinda looking tired!

Gotta love B2Bs!!!!

Archived