First time on Celebrity...advice?

jonahwicky

Hi. I'm a long time Royal Caribbean cruiser, and just booked my first Celebrity cruise on Summit for 1/23/10.

I managed to get the corner aft cabin 9156. I've always done aft cabins on Serenade and they are the best IMO. How does 9156 compare? Has anyone been in that cabin? Any pictures available?

Are there any must-see or must-do activities on the Summit? I'm thinking about the specialty restaurant Normandy. Is it worth the extra charge?

Does anyone know when formal nights are on the 7 day Caribbean out of San Juan?

I see that Celebrity sells drink packages. Is it possible to buy one package and share it between 2 people?

Does Celebrity allow wine and/or alcohol to be brought on board?

I would really appreciate any advice, tips, tricks or other info that you can offer.

Thanks!

Congratuations on booking your first Celebrity Cruise.

I would highly recommend dining at the Normandy restaurant. The food, service and the overall ambience was outstanding. In my huble opinion it was well worth the extra money and we enjoyed it so much we dined there a second time.

Keith

Hi. I'm a long time Royal Caribbean cruiser, and just booked my first Celebrity cruise on Summit for 1/23/10.

I managed to get the corner aft cabin 9156. I've always done aft cabins on Serenade and they are the best IMO. How does 9156 compare? Has anyone been in that cabin? Any pictures available?

Are there any must-see or must-do activities on the Summit? I'm thinking about the specialty restaurant Normandy. Is it worth the extra charge?

Does anyone know when formal nights are on the 7 day Caribbean out of San Juan?

I see that Celebrity sells drink packages. Is it possible to buy one package and share it between 2 people?

Does Celebrity allow wine and/or alcohol to be brought on board?

I would really appreciate any advice, tips, tricks or other info that you can offer.

Thanks!

Transfer your status with RCI to Celebrity's Captain's Club.

You will love your balcony, it's huge. Do a search on the boards for corner family ocean view and you should find some pictures. I've not sailed with RCI, so can't comment on how they compare.

Don't think you can split your drink packages, but don't know for sure because I've never bought one.

You may bring two bottles of wine aboard.

Hi,

The M class ships are similar to the Radiance Class of RCI.

They are both modelled on the same Hull, however the Radiance have more Glass although the Summit is Our Favourite Ship.

The Normandy is worth the cost, try and pre book before the end of Dec as the fee goes up by $5 pp.

The first formal night will usually be you 2nd day, the Sandwiches made to order at the back of the ship at Lunch are really good.

Watch out for the pool tho its freezing and unlike the Serenade is salt water.

The Summit is similar to the Radiance; these things I like better:

--the Summit will have less people onboard; so, more space and less crowds.

--hit the Normandy at least once.

--the T-pool inside is the best at sea! (free and relaxing)

--try the Aqua Spa Cafe for healthy, yummy dishes.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kel

How do you "Transfer your status with RCI to Celebrity's Captain's Club"?

We were on RCI last year and are taking our 1st Celebrity in Feb....

Hi from the east side of the river................

When I booked on Celebrity, I just asked. They signed me up on the spot, and transferred me over to RCI to make sure the proper credits were applied. It was simple and painless.

How do you "Transfer your status with RCI to Celebrity's Captain's Club"?

We were on RCI last year and are taking our 1st Celebrity in Feb....

Hi from the east side of the river................

Is it any warmer on the east side of the river? It's freezing over here! I need a cruise!!!

I think you just call Celebrity Captain's Club and give them your RCI number and they'll take care of you. Good luck! Think you'll like Celebrity.

Archived