Waitlisted Cabins

banderboo

I've just started looking at cruises to Alaska for end of July / beginning of August and all the cabins I'm interested in are listed as waitlisted. I've never cruised Princess before so for those of you that have what are the chances of me actually getting a cabin. Should I just select a different cruise?

We waitlisted for a year for Hawaii/Tahiti in Sept./Oct 2009. Found out we were going just after finial payment was due. Alot of people seem to back out then and things seem to open up. We didn't get a room number until a few weeks after that and then the week we left they upgraded us. It was worth it!

This far out, I'd say you have a good chance. Make sure you're waitlisted for more than one category of cabin to maximize your chances. After final payment, as sunnygidget says, things can open up as people cancel but not always. On the other hand, with an Alaska cruise, since airfare is so pricey from the CONUS, many people are "locked in" by final payment because they've committed themselves to airfare further in advance than they would to a Florida or L.A. departure. And with fewer ships in Alaska this summer, demand might be a little higher per ship. Hmm, I seem to be arguing you out of counting on the waitlist, don't I? Maybe if another date works, you should consider just taking that date and saving yourself the stress. Hope this totally contradictory post helped you a little -- I'll shut-up now!

I've just started looking at cruises to Alaska for end of July / beginning of August and all the cabins I'm interested in are listed as waitlisted. I've never cruised Princess before so for those of you that have what are the chances of me actually getting a cabin. Should I just select a different cruise?

Excellent chance, there is alot of movement at final payment. Book and waitlist what you want. :)

Thanks, I just found out that a local TA is holding a Princess Discover Alaska cruise event in early january so I'm hoping they have cabins held back for the event. Not sure what will happen but it's worth a try

As long as the call is free, keep calling.

Thanks, I just found out that a local TA is holding a Princess Discover Alaska cruise event in early january so I'm hoping they have cabins held back for the event. Not sure what will happen but it's worth a try

Don't wait. Given them a call now if you really want that special date for your trip.

Archived