Pre-Cruise Hotel on Waikiki and Priceline

kadellis

We are arriving in Oahu three days before our cruise and have seen some people posting that they have gotten very good hotel pricing at Wikiki hotels like Mariott. I have never used Priceline, and it seems like a good idea, but I am afraid of getting a not so great hotel. Any pointers from anyone who has used Priceline and gotten a good hotel? Thank you!

I second BiddingforTravel. I use it all the time to get a good idea of what hotels are being awarded at what price points. There are also links to the TripAdvisor reviews of the different properties. I find a level where all of the hotels would please me...no matter which property I am awarded. It is always a bit of a gamble...but if you don't have your heart set on one particular property, you can get some great deals. Just read ALL of the fine print.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the short skinny:

You will get Hawaii Prince in mid to high 70s if your bid includes Wailiki Marina area. It is a 3 star hotel rated as 4 star being marketted mainly to Japaneese clients. But conveniently located, has shuttle and more than adequate (every room - including PL ones have gorgeous sunset full oceanfront views)

If you are lucky, you can get Hyatt Waikki in 85 to 95 range or Marriott Waikiki around 100.

Once you cross 100, you might as well get Outrigger or Ohana directly but you may not get oceanfront that Prince offers.

(Prince is also closer to airport and pier and has afternoon/evening shuttle (unfortunately not morning) to waikiki beach and shopping and is walking distance to Honolulu's premier shopping mall with its huge food court)

Metered parking is easily available nearby and parking is only $3 if you take your car out by 6 AM ($15 otherwise for all day with unlimited in-out)

Archived