Freedom-upgrade from D1 to JS?

mspink98

We're sailing in a couple of months on Freedom, in a D1 aft. In checking prices today, I found a side JS for just under $100 more per person than we're currently paying.

I know that there are no suite benefits for JS's, but I'm still having a hard time deciding, so I'm looking for input. Would you give up an aft for a JS? Would you pay $200 more for a JS than an aft standard balcony?

Part of me thinks I'm crazy for even considering it, but OTOH, I know the extra space would be nice. Help!

We're sailing in a couple of months on Freedom, in a D1 aft. In checking prices today, I found a side JS for just under $100 more per person than we're currently paying.

I know that there are no suite benefits for JS's, but I'm still having a hard time deciding, so I'm looking for input. Would you give up an aft for a JS? Would you pay $200 more for a JS than an aft standard balcony?

Part of me thinks I'm crazy for even considering it, but OTOH, I know the extra space would be nice. Help!

Even though the aft balconies are awesome.. I'm personally not a big fan of being aft in general. I've had some bad luck with engine vibration and motion.. you really feel it when the ship pitches forward and back. For the price I would definately go with the JS.. its a little larger room with a larger and nicer bathroom.. and even though you're not getting the huge balcony you are gonna get a larger balcony.

Another thing about is to think about the Deck location. ON most ships the JS's are located right underneath the pool deck and on some ships you might face some noise challenges.

In the end if it were me I would take these things into consideration and figure out what I value more.. I'd probably go for the larger cabin as we do like to spend some time in the cabin on sea days.

Hope this helps!

If you are in a D1 aft, then you are on deck 10, as those are the only D1's aft. Those cabins are about 4-5 feet longer than regular D cabins, so you will have quite a bit of extra space. Unless you are a big fan of bathtubs, or there are more than 2 in the cabin, I'd save my money and stay put. Also, deck 10 aft cabins have covered balconies, so no occasional soot problem which the other aft decks may experience.

AFT 1406 is available if you still want aft AND a JS.:D

Will update after I call-20 more minutes! Does anyone know if 1406 has the pole? And what about tips-is it the stateroom or suite amount?

Since the JS stateroom is not a suite, the tips are at the normal stateroom rate rather than the increased rate for suites. You may always tip more if you desire.

GOT IT! Thanks for the tip that this stateroom was open, I never would have found it because I always search for 2 people. We're afties, and the only hangup that both me and DH were having was losing the aft. Best of both worlds with this setup! :D

GOT IT! Thanks for the tip that this stateroom was open, I never would have found it because I always search for 2 people. We're afties, and the only hangup that both me and DH were having was losing the aft. Best of both worlds with this setup! :D

Good for you! How could it get any better? I did a search for 1406 found some pictures. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1085454&highlight=1406 Looks like you're really going to be spoiled...:D

• 1 year later...

Archived