Tipping Calculator for Newbies and Cross-cruisers

Here is an awesome website for those seeking tipping recommendation without the lecture. I noticed whenever the tipping question comes up some use the occasion to show their dark side. Mmmmm, not saying anything is wrong with the dark side, since it's the only side some have;) Just that some dark side is not quite as lovely:rolleyes::D.

The site has the major line and their tipping 'recommendation'.

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/

Here is an awesome website for those seeking tipping recommendation without the lecture. I noticed whenever the tipping question comes up some use the occasion to show their dark side. Mmmmm, not saying anything is wrong with the dark side, since it's the only side some have;) Just that some dark side is not quite as lovely:rolleyes::D.

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/

Information without a lecture?? Where's the fun in that? :D:D

Hi Pauline,

As my wife and I are "soon to be new cruisers" in 28 days, I very much appreciate the info and link provided.

Knowing some of the opinions (both pros and cons) on the hot topic of tipping, I am more than content to just use the suggested tipping guidelines on the Princess Cruise lines.

Afterall, I'm going on a cruise to relax, not to do complicated math formulas on tipping. Why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good vacation by getting flustered over a few dollars in tip money?

What will be will be - I'm going cruising soon and will have a wondeful trip in the warm Caribbean sunshine :cool:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Tom .........../

Nice website but not accurate, at least for Princess. Can't comment about the other cruiselines. It doesn't take into account the $11/pp/day suggested tip for mini-suites and full suites, of which there are many on most Princess ships so it's a bit mis-leading.

Nice website but not accurate, at least for Princess. Can't comment about the other cruiselines. It doesn't take into account the $11/pp/day suggested tip for mini-suites and full suites, of which there are many on most Princess ships so it's a bit mis-leading.

It really does, far right last item. There is a seperate category for Princess Suite. I guess Full and Mini for $11. Really if you are going to tip, I doubt .50 is going to make a difference in terms of accuracy. Tomorrow this could all be outdated but this site would still be a good guide or reference. Mis-leading....it would be .50 not accounted for!

Norwegian Cruise Line

Oceania

Oceania w/Butler

Princess

Princess Suite

It really does, far right last item. There is a seperate category for Princess Suite. I guess Full and Mini for $11. Really if you are going to tip, I doubt .50 is going to make a difference in terms of accuracy. Tomorrow this could all be outdated but this site would still be a good guide or reference. Mis-leading....it would be .50 not accounted for!

Norwegian Cruise Line

Oceania

Oceania w/Butler

Princess

Princess Suite

Thanks for the clarification. As you would suspect, the tipping recommendations do not change frequently, but I take a certain amount of personal interest in making sure that the site is as up to date as it can be. Take a look at the History page to see the record of updates, which also serves as a short history of tip recommendations for the various cruise lines that I cover.

My e-mail address is available both here in my sig, as well as all over the calculator and cruise map web pages, so if there are ever any discrepancies or outdated information discovered, please let me know so that it can be fixed! :)

Theron

Archived