What does Princess do with the flight information in Personalizer?

AndyTheK

Our cruise is less than five days away, therefore the Personalizer is closed for updates. Due tio the blizzard conditions in the Northeast USA, our flight plans had to be changed. Instead of arriving in F LL the day before the cruise (Monday), we will be landing in FLL at about 11 AM on embarkation day.

Our flights are not connected to Princess, but independently booked.

Does Princess need to know about this? What do they do with the information? As an International passenger, calls to 800 numbers from here are NOT FREE!

Our cruise is less than five days away, therefore the Personalizer is closed for updates. Due tio the blizzard conditions in the Northeast USA, our flight plans had to be changed. Instead of arriving in F LL the day before the cruise (Monday), we will be landing in FLL at about 11 AM on embarkation day.

Our flights are not connected to Princess, but independently booked.

Does Princess need to know about this? What do they do with the information? As an International passenger, calls to 800 numbers from here are NOT FREE!

Unless you have a hotel stay booked thru Princcess, there is no need to pay for a call to let them know of your schedule change.

Not really applicable to this situation, but I do recommend that you notify Princess of travel changes that happen at the last minute if they are meeting you at the airport.

We were on a flight to Los Angeles that was changed at the last minute to a different connecting city, so we arrived in LA on a different flight. The lady meeting us at the airport was a little upset because they had waited quite a while for us to show up for our transfer for our original flight.

I agree with above posters - no reason to alert Princess unless they are picking you up.

With that said - since the weather conditions are so bad right now and flights are being cancelled and rerouted with many time changes - I would let Princess know so that if you get stranded/cancelled again (depending on how many people this happens to) they may delay the sailing to accomodate people due to weather if they can.

If no one lets them know they are having a problem - they won't know to request to hold the sailing time. They usually only due this if several people, or one of their flights/buses are stranded - not 1 or 2 independent travellers.

There should be a phone number in your travel documents for travel plan delays to alert the ship on day of embarkation.

Just my 2 cents..

Although this not applicable for your arrival, since you are making your own arrangements, your airline information is very important for disembarkation. Those passengers with early flights are the ones that are scheduled to be first off the ship. Those with later flights are last off. If you have a really early flight, you are can be given a tag for self disembarkation.

Thanks to all who answered. Disembarkation is not an issue. We're staying with friends in Los Angeles for a few days post cruise.

No Princess pickup, etc. Princess won't see us until we show up at the pier, and after the cruise, they won't after we step off the gangplank!

As for more last minute changes or delays in the traveling, we will of course notify if our arrival time will be changed. As it stands at the moment, with all the rescheduling because of weather, our new flight (which avoids the northeastern USA completely) is due in FLL at 11 AM on embarkation day. If anything changes, we will notify Princess for the reasons mentioned.

Shalom from Tel Aviv. Andy.

Thanks Pail and Miss Sunbeam. Hotel was independent also. I thought there was no need to do anything, just wanted a sanity check.

Shalom, Andy.

You might want to provide them with your flight times for disembarkation once you get on board.

They use this to schedule your dep time off the ship to ensure you have adequate time to transfer, clear security & check in for your return flight(s).

Don't know your light itinerary Andy but just check with the Passenger Services Desk and they will issue you the appropriTe coloured luggage tag for disembarkation.

Shalom, and...

Ciao for now!!!

You might want to provide them with your flight times for disembarkation once you get on board.

They use this to schedule your dep time off the ship to ensure you have adequate time to transfer, clear security & check in for your return flight(s).

Don't know your light itinerary Andy but just check with the Passenger Services Desk and they will issue you the appropriTe coloured luggage tag for disembarkation.

Shalom, and...

Ciao for now!!!

Shalom Ron,

Thanks for the info. In my case no need, since there's no flight at all - staying with friends in LA for a few days. Whatever time Princess gives us will be OK. As soon as we know, I'll call our friend so he'll know when to come to the terminal.

Toda u'lhitraot. Andy.

I disagree, the flight info whether provided by Princess or not lets them know if you will be late arriving for the cruise and as stated above assists in assigning disembarkation tags at the end of the cruise. We always inout them. If thay ment nothing they would not ask for them.

Archived