Carnival Liberty Steakhouse Question

cruisegirl515

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise on the Carnival Liberty in March, on a 7 day eastern caribbean itinerary. A few people recommended that we eat in the steakhouse one night. My question is what is the best night to reserve the steakhouse? I have been told not to book it on the formal nights since dinner is better in the dinning room those nights. How do I know which nights will be the formal nights if I want to make the reservation before the cruise?

I appreciate any tips you have. thank you.

Im not sure dinner is better any one particular night. I like the first formal night dinner, duck or lobster. The lobster wasnt all that great last cruise and didnt even order it the 2nd leg.

So, what menu you like might not be what someone else likes?

My least favorite night is the duet of filet migon and short ribs, since Im not a big beef eater. The first formal night is my favorite. Second formal night has those snails ... some love them... do you love them?? I could skip the 2nd formal night easily.

On our first cruise, we took the advice of one CC member and ate dinner one night after we came back from port. We were back on the boat from Grand Cayman 5ish and we had dinner in the Steak House that evening. It was absolutely amazing! We're going to do this on the Liberty this coming January as well. I don't want to miss out on the elegant nights either!

Enjoy your first cruise and prepare to be come addicted!

-Danny

Is there a way to know which night will be the 2nd formal night on the cruise before you go?

Go on some Liberty roll calls or look for recent reviews and ask - usually the first formal night is first day at sea (probably day 2 of the cruise?)...and the second one won't be on the last night of the cruise so probablly night 5 or 6?

We were on her Dec. 5th-12th and the formal nights were Sunday night and Thursday night. We chose to eat there Tuesday, the 8th and apparently that was a very popular day. Butch made an announcement that morning that Harry's was booked for the night, so unless you already had a reservation, it wasn't likely that you would be getting one. We didn't know if it was just a popular night (middle of the cruise between Cozumel and Grand Cayman) or if it was just a fluke.

Archived