First Time on RCCL and Voyager of the Seas - Any Tips?

ItsMeJedB

You "must see" the ice show...not a huge rink, but the skaters are great! It's a lovely way to spend a bit of time!

Wander the ship when you board, so you'll get a "feel" of it....board early, so you can do this without crowds!

You'll have a wonderful time!

Think about doing the Mystery Dinner Theatre.

Spent time with Derek at Adult Daycare at Night.

Do the ice show!

Walk the deck at 2 am!!!!

Dance! lots of venues!!!

If you like a fine cigar, don't miss the truly wonderful cigar bar.

Enjoy!

Be sure to play miniature golf.

Climb the rock wall.

Adult Daycare at Night? Sounds...fun :D

We signed up for a wine tasting/special menu dinner at Portofino. It sounds interesting, not cheap at all, but hopefully worth the price.

We're also first-timers, and very excited to be going.

We've done the Portofino wine tasting dinner on Voyager and really enjoyed it, so much so that we've signed up for it again on our upcoming Radiance cruise. Also, don't be shy about asking for refills, at the prices they charge for wine it helps to make it "worth the price".

WOW!

DUH!

Our number one activity and I forgot to mention it!

The wine tasting event is worth every darn penny!

Bring a pen and paper! Write down the wines, they are nothing but spectacular!!!!

Have you yet experienced the new "improved" wine tasting event? I always found the other one only worth the money because I had a free coupon.

I just got off the Transatlantic last Sunday. It was my 4th cruise on Voyager. What I learned from my first cruise is not to book an ocean view cabin. They are all on decks 2 and 3 and the ice rink is in the middle so it's hard to get here from there. Otherwise, she's a lovely ship.

We enjoyed Portofino's one night for dinner. The service is really special and the food is wonderful. I loved the dessert sampler. Great for those of us who want everything on the menu.

If you are a soda freak, the Coke card is definitely worth it. I down 4 or 5 Diet Cokes just with my dinner. I think my average was 11 a day. Saved us a bundle. Also, if you like wine with your dinner, the Wine & Dine package may save you some money. We usually get the Platinum package but found we liked the Chilean Merlot so much that we ordered that every time for our red and the St. Michelle Reisling for our white.

I missed him on this voyage and on the Med cruise last Fall, but Derek Lewis who plays nightly in the Pig & Whistle is super. Look for one of his shakers that says "been there done that, bought the tee shirt" It's from me. Tell him Janet from the Valley sent you.

If you are looking for a quiet place, deck 4 has a promenade outside. One side is smoking, but I forget which. At night it is usually empty and if you go all the way to the stern, it's dark enough to be able to see all of the stars, though the engines are a little noisy.

If you have the Coke card, the bars are more likely to give you Coke from a can or large bottle than the other venues which pump it from a syphon. Pig & Whistle was great for filling my Coke container with the real thing and a couple of limes. I gave the bartender a cash gratuity for being so nice about it. Don't ask about rum. I'm not saying anything.

As stated before, don't miss the ice show. We always enjoy the shows in the theater and especially the production ones. Those kids give it their all.

I do Yoga and I have to exercise in the early AM because I can't eat before I exercise (down dog = up chuck) I found the gym to be distracting and noisy even with ear plugs. One of the attendants there suggested I take a mat and find someplace quieter. I went up to deck 14 where the lounge was very quiet at 7 AM and used the dance floor to work out. There is some creaking noise up there, so the ear plugs helped. It was a fantastic place to do Yoga with a view of the sea.

Do visit the bathrooms on deck 11 outside the Windjammer. The men's has a "waterfall"

The Island Grill in the back of Windjammer is where we like to sit. If they are doing the Oriental section on your sailing, it will be there.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise aboard Voyager.

Deck 7 has the library with comfy couches and chairs, it has a great view of the Royal promenade. Our group would meet there every night prior to dinner for our own private happy hour.

Pizza by the slice in the wee hours of the morning.

There is a quarter slot machine that has some sort of pig theme. We won on that every night totaled about 900 bucks.

Nachi Cocom Beach in Cozumel.

We enjoyed Portofino's one night for dinner. The service is really special and the food is wonderful. I loved the dessert sampler. Great for those of us who want everything on the menu.

Hi, Glad you enjoyed Portofino's. Agree on the dessert sampler and the salad with candied nuts and cheese is so yummy! We are really looking forward to going back this time. Do you remember if Mimi the head of Portofino's is still on board? He was so much fun last time. Thanks

Yes! take me along and I will show you everything! LOL

NO? Well, really, relax, explore, enjoy..

Be sure to catch sunrises, sunsets. Talk to crew members, they are interesting people and can tell you much about their life.

Explore any staircase that isn't marked "for crew only"

Make friends with everyone,

Try not to get to tired to enjoy something. Work in some relaxation time, by the pool, hot tub, balcony. find the deck with chairs away from the pool area, and read a book.

Find the peek-a-boo bridge,

At least once, go to the promanade in the middle of the night for a snack..lol Very interesting people hang out late at night.. I had a wonderful chat with the comedian on board at 4 am..

I had a fun time Mime ing with the Mime on the promanade one evening, he was pretending to "yard sale" some items, and I went with it.. It was halarious, since I kept wanting him (mimeing the whole while) to sell the (whatever it was) for a cheaper price... lol Had the crowd roaring.

Oh man, I have to wait until Sept...

What ever you do, have fun with it! Contrary to my "Military training" volunteer for anything...lol

Just to show you, I failed at this my last cruise, I was aboard the Indy last Christmas, thought I saw everything, totally missed the Sports bar/recording studio area.. Oh well, save that for next trip. Didn't even see it until I discovered it was my Debarkation zone...

Visit the British Pub in the Promenade. It can be as much fun as the Schooner Bar, depending on the entertainer.

Attend the crew versus passenger dodge ball game. It's a hoot to watch!

As others have said: Quest Show, Ice Show, Peek-a-Boo Bridge.

I just love the Voyager Class ships!!!

We are sailing with RCCL for the first time on the Voyager on 12/27.

Does anyone have tips for must-sees, dining tips, little known spots on the ship that must be seen?

We are so stinkin' excited!!!!

Thanks for any tips.

Just enjoy your cruise. The Voyager is a beautiful ship!! We spent 23 days on her doing a transatlantic/Mediterranean cruise. I loved everything about the ship!

DO EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN!!! Do every activity, visit every bar and lounge, go to the shows, try everything on the menu. The last thing you want after your trip is over is to think you should have done something you didn't do--so make sure you have no regrets and enjoy your vacation to the fullest!

Hi, Glad you enjoyed Portofino's. Agree on the dessert sampler and the salad with candied nuts and cheese is so yummy! We are really looking forward to going back this time. Do you remember if Mimi the head of Portofino's is still on board? He was so much fun last time. Thanks

The Maitre d' at Portofino's was delightful. DH came in his Lone Star shirt which looks like the Texas flag and the MD said he wanted the shirt. I didn' t get his name, however. Several people waited on us and they were all wonderful.

Archived