RSVP to Hawaii Oct 30, 2010

RMS Olympic

Let me frame up my comments. Get it...frame.......all I need is a mat...make it a double paleeze.

Friday the 29th....morning climb of Diamond Head.

Followed by breakfast.

then the pineapple plantation tour. (yes the friday before the cruise) as we embark the next day...Saturday.

Guess my sentence structure leaves something to be desired.

Think of all that juicy pineapple juice.......sweet, sticky, yummy ...and not like the dat6ed preserved stuff we get at home.

I expect to see your smiling fact at 7 am for the hike......hotel lobby at 7...you can leave your curlers in as I know it will be a wee bit early for you young'ins.

Hi All,

We are in the last throws of packing and Mike, Sam and I are looking for advice with what to bring for dinner.

I would really rather eat cheese and crackers out of a vending machine at the bus station than have to dress up for dinner, but I wanted to see if there was a general consensus on if shorts (dressy resort style) will be allowed in the main dining room.

What does the group think?

So excited that we leave for the 'Left Coast' tomorrow for a few days before heading to Honolulu on Friday. :)

Depends on your legs!

We are here in MAUI!

I am packing casual....dockers for dinner with polo type shirts.

I know what NCL says, and maybe things are enforced on the POA....but

I can tell you that I saw a bend in rules on the Epic last month. I saw women wearing shorts in the dinning room at night...as well as their husbands. In fact it was the most undressed crowd I have ever seen on a ship........and in some cases inappropriate.

I think anything casual will be fine....and believe me, if I get a new set of flip flops in Hawaii...they well be seen in the dinning room...along with khakis.

Now you guys considering the basic black dress....great. But dont upstage Chi Chi.......now she I mean he can wear a black dress!:D

Reuel...your collection of Mumus and death shrowds will be just fine:rolleyes:

All sounds great. Packing the cowboy boots for some two-stepping. Love that about RSVP over Atlantis is that RSVP always has the country western dancing (Atlantis did not have this when I took the Med cruise a few years ago). Wish they would incorporate this into their cruises. Has anyone ever seen C&W dancing on Atlantis?

All sounds great. Packing the cowboy boots for some two-stepping. Love that about RSVP over Atlantis is that RSVP always has the country western dancing (Atlantis did not have this when I took the Med cruise a few years ago). Wish they would incorporate this into their cruises. Has anyone ever seen C&W dancing on Atlantis?

My last 3 cruises on Atlantis had 1 or 2 nights of CW dancing with Miss Richfield 1981.

What is it with you and flights?! Too bad the Winnabago can't make it all the way to Hawaii. ;)

Safe travels everyone.

Peter, Peter, Peter.......our dearest sister Buck would bring the United plane to a schreeching halt if she knew you called their stunning class A coach a Winnebago!! I know that for certain, as it is currently sitting in our driveway in Phoenix Arizona, waiting for them to spend Christmas with us in the valley of the sun. Have a swell cruise, cant wait to see the pix!

Peter, Peter, Peter.......our dearest sister Buck would bring the United plane to a schreeching halt if she knew you called their stunning class A coach a Winnebago!! I know that for certain, as it is currently sitting in our driveway in Phoenix Arizona, waiting for them to spend Christmas with us in the valley of the sun. Have a swell cruise, cant wait to see the pix!

I guess I should not stand near any ship railing in Sister Buck's vicinity! :) But she loves me more than her luggage, I will be OK.

Why aren't you guys on the ship? :(

I saw the "mobile home" which is more on the lines of Cleopatra's luxo barge on the Nile.

When I saw it parked at Thousand Palms camp ground I thought to myself.....wow...now there is a a beauty....what a way to travel. Who pops out of the rig.....

Guess you wealthy guys swim in schools like tuna.........big, strong,beautiful and very very exspensive.

Me, it will take me a few more years of saving and less cruises to get my GMC of Silverado pickem up and my airstream trailer. Gots ta have an airstream....and pretend I am Lucy in the Long Long Trailer (minus the red hair of course).

hey Mark! Our post-hurricane jungle adventure was one of the highlights for me of the whole trip. I won't be on this cruise, but I'll be at the bar the night before to see you all off!

and guys - it can get pretty chilly out on the Pacific Ocean at night. You'd be surprised. Pack something warm for those late night trips to Deck 13!

(they do have a "deck 13" on RSVP, right)

That's about all we packed, just because I've read that the casual dining experiences leave something to be desired on the POA. (hehe I giggle inside every time I read that abbreviation)

Hope everyone is almost finished packing. I am much more excited to see everyone's friendly faces than rather what, or what they may not be :eek:, wearing.

It's a bumpy flight out to Seattle tonight, but well worth it to start the relaxation early in one of my favorite cities.

Gary

hey Mark! Our post-hurricane jungle adventure was one of the highlights for me of the whole trip. I won't be on this cruise, but I'll be at the bar the night before to see you all off!

and guys - it can get pretty chilly out on the Pacific Ocean at night. You'd be surprised. Pack something warm for those late night trips to Deck 13!

(they do have a "deck 13" on RSVP, right)

It was great! Pelting down tropical hurricane rain....and all that water, zipping across the jungle canopy, and the streams were full, the waterfalls pounding down. It was a highlight for sure! Hulas Friday night. I'll look for you.

Deck 13...lol.

Depends on your legs!

We are here in MAUI!

I'm quite pleased with my legs, so I want to show them of as often as possible. :D

Enjoy Maui for the next few days! Leave some sun for the rest of us to soak up when we get there!

Gary

I know what NCL says, and maybe things are enforced on the POA....but

I can tell you that I saw a bend in rules on the Epic last month. I saw women wearing shorts in the dinning room at night...as well as their husbands. In fact it was the most undressed crowd I have ever seen on a ship........and in some cases inappropriate.

I think anything casual will be fine....and believe me, if I get a new set of flip flops in Hawaii...they well be seen in the dinning room...along with khakis.

Now you guys considering the basic black dress....great. But dont upstage Chi Chi.......now she I mean he can wear a black dress!:D

Reuel...your collection of Mumus and death shrowds will be just fine:rolleyes:

Liberty asks you don't wear shorts or jeans. Dress up for liberty. But in skyline your welcome to wear shorts and flip flops or whatever.

Crew is happy to have everyone. Apparently some still have a bad taste in their mouth from the Atlantis cruise on the Pride of Hawaii in 2008. Alot didn't like what they saw. But if I saw ******g in the buffet. I wouldn't be happy either. Lol

And saw Jim and Bill on the Airplane.

They were delayed on their connecting flight to ORD, and thankfully, United waited for them.

Nice flight, if not almost 10 hours long with the record-breaking winds.

Safely ensconced in the Hilton and ready for a drink.

Aloha!

Let me frame up my comments. Get it...frame.......all I need is a mat...make it a double paleeze.

Friday the 29th....morning climb of Diamond Head.

Followed by breakfast.

13 hours of travel, but we're here.

Slight mixup on the class of room upon arrival, but it was fixed.

Diamond Head just out the window.

Already have seen Jim'nBill, same floor facing balcony ! :eek:

Miguel actually seems Happy :rolleyes: a rare occurrence.

Lei greeting at the gate at HNL, Roberts ride to hotel.

Be warned, unless you're on another island, the Park Shore will be the LAST stop for the bus.

Hotel room is small but clean, however can't beat the view.

They charge $5/day for internet (with a modem) and want $4/day for safe use.

I'm in the lobby with FREE WiFi so scr&w'em.

Been to Hula's. Adam Lambert is due there tonight, late.

Since, as you all know, I always retire early :p , we'll skip him.

No, really, it has been a 30 hour day for us with the time change and getting up @ 4:00 AM EDT !

We ate in one of the restaurants in the hotel, Lulu's. Wide variety of good food, fronting on the beach 2nd Fl., all open to the breezes, very casual, twilight / Sunset & garlic seared Ahi . . . . . ahhhhhh Hawaii !

6 AM tomorrow Arizona tour (they all start that early) and then who knows.

Thursday maybe rent a car and do whatever.

Thurs. eve Princess Olympia arrives, torches already waiting, then Group dinner.

Friday AM Diamond Head, already watching climbers from my room !

Miguel wants to go :confused:

Mixed overcast skies today with some sprinkles, same tomorrow, but can not dampen the spirit or the islands.

ALOHA ! :D

r.

Aka Tamaracboy....please do not destry the hotel before I get there. I know how rough you are on furnishings and plumbing.

Now wish I had flown in earlier...but tomorrow will come soon enough.

For dinner tomorrow night (Thursday) I figure maybe 8:30 reservations. As there are two Side Street Inns.....we need to find out which is better, although I suspect they have the same menu. I have read up on this outfit...nothing but good comments. So maybe we can either meet in the Park Shore Lobby at about 8pm...or at the restauarnt ....and leave word at the Park Shore desk as to which restaurant for those arriving late thursday .

Now to figure out how to get Systa Helen Holy to join us and bless the table and group to protect us in this uncivilized part of the world.

Liberty asks you don't wear shorts or jeans. Dress up for liberty. But in skyline your welcome to wear shorts and flip flops or whatever.

Crew is happy to have everyone. Apparently some still have a bad taste in their mouth from the Atlantis cruise on the Pride of Hawaii in 2008. Alot didn't like what they saw. But if I saw ******g in the buffet. I wouldn't be happy either. Lol

Thanks. We were planning to go to the Skyline mostly anyway. We like the deco look while the Liberty decor is a bit too much 4th of July for us. I am curious if the Mardi Gras lounge has tables that can be moved out of the way for the parties and dancing? I have been on too many ships where the bolted down tables in the discos turn the room into a cramped maze.

Bruce, I know this has come up a couple of time... and I did not take notes! What would be the beaches to hit on Maui (day 1) and Kauai (either day)? Clothing optional is good. :)

I have scuba booked for Maui Day 2 (bright and early - we have to be at the boat at 6:30 am!) and Kona (ship's excursion).

In Hilo we will do the helicopter excursion through NCL first thing in the morning and I hope we have enough time afterwards to drive to VNP too.

the Liberty decor is a bit too much 4th of July for us

Ha! I know what you mean. Actually I think a lot of the ship has the fun (but a bit corny) gaudiness of EPCOT Center or Liberty Square at Walt Disney World.

After a bumpy ride, fellas, we made it to Chicago. Thank goodness Buck and Jeff insisted that the captain hold the Palme for us. Thanks, guys! Arrived safe. Baggage came later. (No surprise, after we sprinted through concourse B.) It didn't matter, I can find everything at ABC. They're more frequent than coffee huts in Seattle! One on each side of the hotel lobby. AND they ship! No matter, everything is here. Can't wait to see everyone here!

KauaiBruce-once more please-alternates to Hula's? Mahalo!

As Reuel stated-we have a perfect view of each other's balconies. Tom-do what you will with this info.

Park Shore-same room issue as Reuel checking in. But I think thatvwas Pleasant Hawaiian issue, not Park Shore. Hotel is showing age, but clean and very convenient without being smack in the middle of everything.

Safe travels, all!!! Sorry if typos,doing all this on my iPhone.

So...Reuel is across from Jim and Bill. I wonder who is going to moon who first. Jim...get dark glasses quick!!!!!!!During the day you should be fine since he slleps in that darn box with soil from the old country.

As long as the hotel is clean that is OK...especially for the price. I dont think many will spend a lot of time in the rooms anyway. Now if it wasn't clean.......that would be an issue.....I want my room as clean as my mind, heart and soul.:rolleyes:

Ship interior....lets just say it is a blank backdrop for all you pretty guys.....and I will enjoy the view!

Crew concerns....I dont think they will see people doing the nasty on the buffet line. If that happened on the Atlantis cruise...well it must have been a case of bad "vitamins".

I do know that on my last Atlantis cruise there was a problem with some old queen coming on too strong with his room attendant (the attendant was straight). But I have not seen this on RSVP.....so I think the crew will be happy with us.

Someone mentioned deck 13......and it being cold up there at night....cold in Hawaii? Its strange to see the word cold associated with Hawaii. Imagine the shrinkage factor......:eek::eek::eek: the ultimate equalizer or so I have been told.

Now if I could only be as bad on the cruise as I am on this thread...I'd have a better time.;)

To all who have been so kind to provide so much info on Hawaii....thank you. I look forward to seeing everybody....even Reuel (Tamaracboy).

Here's my list (Kauai Bruce, anything to add?):

Gay Waikiki

Tapas

Lo-Jax

Fusion - after-hours dance

Wang Chung

In Between - small karaoke, below Velvet Video

Gay Downtown

Ke Kais - very local, very friendly. Mixed gay & trans. 10 N Hotel St

Gay Northshore

None. I only wish!

Gay Owned and/or Gay Vibe (i.e. "gay enough")

Dragon Upstairs - downtown jazz club

Town - Fusion restaurant in Kaimuki; an upscale neighborhood bar with significant gay presence; excellent mixologists

Aku Bone - Live Hawaiian Music Thursday night. Real mixed crowd! A bit of every flavor, including ones you only find in Hawai`i. 1201 Kona St

Hi All,

We are in the last throws of packing and Mike, Sam and I are looking for advice with what to bring for dinner.

I would really rather eat cheese and crackers out of a vending machine at the bus station than have to dress up for dinner, but I wanted to see if there was a general consensus on if shorts (dressy resort style) will be allowed in the main dining room.

What does the group think?

So excited that we leave for the 'Left Coast' tomorrow for a few days before heading to Honolulu on Friday. :)

We are packing two pairs of resort casual slacks for main dining. RSVP's 'guide' says no shorts in either main dining room or the specialty dining. I think jeans would be fine too.

Pat

Archived