Organic fruits and vegetables

Yes We Can

Is there really any difference, except for price?:confused:

I think they cant have used regular fertilizer to grow it ... I get confuzzled when they tell me there are layers of this kind of organic stuff, what can and cant be used to kill the bugs and make it grow.

hmm, so does this make you nunu's future traveling companion?;)

Of course there is......you silly goose:p All natural.......and alot smaller..........

So let me see if I have this right...

a 24oz Organic Porterhouse would be smaller than a regular 24oz Porterhouse and cost 3X as much...right?

I think they cant have used regular fertilizer to grow it ...

By "regular fertilizer" I assume that you mean the chemically produced nitrogen fertilizer that has been in use since WWII? I buy organic apples (they are smaller and taste a world of better) and other produce, and to me, "regular fertilizer" means manure or organic plant matter left in the soil from crop rotation. Some organic produce look and taste the same as conventional, except for price. With others, the difference in taste and effect on the palette is extraordinary. For a simple taste test, do a double-blind test (participants blind-folded and do not let them know which fruit at the moment they are tasting) with some friends and family between organic pears and conventional pears. After that, you and your family will never buy conventional pears again.

By "regular fertilizer" I assume that you mean the chemically produced nitrogen fertilizer that has been in use since WWII? I buy organic apples (they are smaller and taste a world of better) and other produce, and to me, "regular fertilizer" means manure or organic plant matter left in the soil from crop rotation. Some organic produce look and taste the same as conventional, except for price. With others, the difference in taste and effect on the palette is extraordinary. For a simple taste test, do a double-blind test (participants blind-folded and do not let them know which fruit at the moment they are tasting) with some friends and family between organic pears and conventional pears. After that, you and your family will never buy conventional pears again.

Are they better then the ones in the can?

Personally I have always thought that this organic stuff is a communist plot.

Ha ha!! Good post! I wouldn't know organic from orgasmic! I buy fruit from wherever. Wash it and eat it. Often grew and picked my own. Still living after all these years!

Now, nearly choked on those delicious Harry & David pears I got a few days ago! Not used to Capitalist luxuries!

organic has become kind of a buzzword, but it's definitely not a bad thing or a communist plot. i think fewer chemicals in what we eat is probably better for our bodies ;p

and to imsulin, i think it's great to grow and pick your own food! that's even a step above buying organic! kudos!

alas, i somehow doubt that carnvial would provide organic food. too expensive and not enough demand from the crowd.

So let me see if I have this right...

a 24oz Organic Porterhouse would be smaller than a regular 24oz Porterhouse and cost 3X as much...right?

Yeah, minus the hormones and antibiotics! We are what we eat. Americans are filled with chemicals, hormones, etc.

Do Carnival Cruise Lines serve "Organic" fruits and vegetables on their ships?:confused:

Yes We Can

Isn't fruit the product of a plant? And isn't a plant organic in nature? -- Yes!! So therefore by the strictest definition of the term the fruit is also organic.

So… to answer your question -- yes they serve organic fruit. :D

Archived