Booked connecting rooms now not available

Nannersmom

In July one member of our group going on the Ectasy booked connecting rooms. BTW yes we are using a TA. When the TA contacting Carnival for deposit payment. Carnival applied the deposit to only one cabin, so when final payment was made, we got told the connecting cabins were not available because of this mix up. Seems there is already someone in that second cabin. Carnival said they will not move them...even though this was Carnivals mistake! Our family member was told they could be moved to have two cabins side by side, but they are traveling with younger kids so this isn't really feasible (hence the need for connecting cabins) My TA keeps trying to work with Carnival on this but Carnival is not budging and Carnival will not talk me or the family member since we used a TA...Any suggestions?

Im sorry to hear about your mix up..But why didnt the TA notice back in july that they only had one booking number with one cabin? How many deposits where suppose to be made? Did all dep go thru?[/quote

There were deposits placed on a total of 8 cabins. We are family members meeting up in Galveston from all over the country...North Carolina, Illinois and California. The family member got a notice from the TA that has two cabin numbers on. Interesting I know. It wasn't until final payment was made that someone at Carnival caught the mistake. The TA that is being used is here in North Carolina. Now, Carnival had the information for a family of 5...took the deposits for 5 people with 2 being in one room and 3 in the second.. These were suppose to be quarenteed rooms so they had to put down a larger deposit. I think the family members part was close to $1000 deposit...Like I said, they are paying for two people in one room and are only getting a "third person" charge for the second room. Since Carnival will not talk to us because we used a TA we can only go by what the TA tells us....Is there any way I can make Carnival talk to me??

[These were suppose to be quarenteed rooms so they had to put down a larger deposit. I think the family members part was close to $1000 deposit...?

All deposits are the same no matter which type of cabin you booked. $150 per person for a 4 day or $200 per person for a 5 day on Ecstasy. So, someone(s) didnt make the deposit back when they were supposed to have paid it for this to have happened.

Have you looked at more expensive connecting cabins ... are there any on the ship at a higher price? Worse comes to worse, the parents might have to split up and sleep one in each of the cabins next to each other.

Whomever did not pay their deposits on the other cabin is also at fault, as is the TA. Too bad someone in the family didnt look at all the booking numbers (which they probably should have, if for no other reason to make sure they were all linked for dinner).

There were a total of 8 cabins set up on deposits. All the deposits for all the cabins was completed. We were given a list of cabin numbers from our TA and there were 8 cabins listed on it....now how could she have 8 numbers to give us if deposits for these were not completed?? Also, the TA does not assign the cabins, Carnival would have. So that tells me Carnival had all the information, they did not process it correctly. In other words, they did not lock down the connecting cabins. And no, there are no other connecting cabins, and why would a couple go on a cruise to sleep in seperate cabins? Especially since we were told they had connecting cabins? Another note, why would Carnival not just move the other people to another cabin so these family members could have the connecting cabins?

Wow I am confused. A Guarantee room is where you pay and Carnival lets you know close to sailing what cabin you will be in. A request can be made but it is not a sure thing.

When we book with our TA, we let her know our choices (first choice, second choice, etc) for a specific cabin. So in effect our TA does choose our cabin.

The couple of times we have booked Guarantee, one was so close to sailing we got the exact two triple-cabins we wanted and the other is still TBA on HAL.

Good luck getting it all sorted out.

If you want to talk to Carnival - your TA will have to call in and request that you be conferenced in. It can be done (I got the offer when looking at a booking that I wanted to run by my husband).

Keep in mind that everything you hear right now comes from the TA - you are hearing one side of the story.

Good luck getting it all sorted out.

If you want to talk to Carnival - your TA will have to call in and request that you be conferenced in. It can be done (I got the offer when looking at a booking that I wanted to run by my husband).

Keep in mind that everything you hear right now comes from the TA - you are hearing one side of the story.

Okay I did not know that I could be conferenced in, and yes I know what I hear is coming from the TA.. That is why I want to hear Carnival's side directly.

BTW, it is not likely that Carnival would bump the people already assigned to the other connecting cabin. That also wouldn't be fair to those people and since they are there IN WRITING they will probably remain in that cabin.

I don't think we are understanding exactly what happened. If Carnival assigned the cabins, then that would be a guarantee...unless Carnival assigned them the day you booked, under a specific category and not a guarantee category. Confusing, yes?

My dh and I have had to split up w/the kids when we could only get side by side rooms and not adjoining. While adjoining is nice, not having them did not put a damper on the cruise experience.

I hope you guys get this worked out and yes a 3 way call sounds like it is definitely needed.

All deposits are the same no matter which type of cabin you booked. $150 per person for a 4 day or $200 per person for a 5 day on Ecstasy. So, someone(s) didnt make the deposit back when they were supposed to have paid it for this to have happened.

Have you looked at more expensive connecting cabins ... are there any on the ship at a higher price? Worse comes to worse, the parents might have to split up and sleep one in each of the cabins next to each other.

Whomever did not pay their deposits on the other cabin is also at fault, as is the TA. Too bad someone in the family didnt look at all the booking numbers (which they probably should have, if for no other reason to make sure they were all linked for dinner).

No not all deposits would be the same *IF* the TA was offering a group cruise w/reduced deposits at time of booking. Like the CC group cruises let you book for only $25, but you only get a guarantee, if you want a specific cabin you have to pay the full deposit right then. This is the only thing I could think of when the OP said they paid a bigger deposit to get assigned cabins.

No not all deposits would be the same *IF* the TA was offering a group cruise w/reduced deposits at time of booking. Like the CC group cruises let you book for only $25, but you only get a guarantee, if you want a specific cabin you have to pay the full deposit right then. This is the only thing I could think of when the OP said they paid a bigger deposit to get assigned cabins.

We were offered the $25 deposit because of being a group, but because the OP needed the connecting cabins, they paid extra. In fact, to get all eight cabins to be very close to each other, everyone paid the full deposit.

Thanks! I don't post often on here...I thought OP was other person/other party as in the one of my group having problems.

How about posting the results of your conference call?

Be prepared to ask TA and Carnival REP to provide documentation of their "claims"!!!

It sounds like you were booked into Group space set-up by a TA?

ken

How about posting the results of your conference call?

Be prepared to ask TA and Carnival REP to provide documentation of their "claims"!!!

It sounds like you were booked into Group space set-up by a TA?

ken

I will post as soon as I can get a hold of my TA...she is out for the holidays...which I know there is still 37 days till we cruise, but would love to have it cleared up as soon as possible!

I know several people may be confused by how I posted it. It is kinda hard to explain so I will try again.

My cousin booked what she was told at the time she placed a full deposit (not a group rate because she needed the "exact" cabins) that she had two cabins booked in her name and they were connecting cabins. When she paid the final payment, I was told (noticed not her which is strange) that there was a mistake made. Per my TA the full deposit she made my cousin (for 5 people) was applied to only one cabin. The cabin that is connected to it somehow did not get "reserved" for her. So it was given to another customer. I understand the other customer may have been told they have a guaranteed cabin too. I just want to find out who made the mistake. I do want to hear both sides of the story. I will say I have had several other issues with my TA this time around so I am curious as to whom made the mistake. If Carnival made the mistake then my cousin should be allowed to have the connecting cabins and Carnival should notify the other people that there was an error and offer them something (an upgrade perhaps) due to Carnivals mistake. If my TA has made yet another mistake (there have been a couple minor ones already), then there will be a letter sent to her company (BTW, it is AAA) about the mistakes and frustrations that we have had.

Sorry this explanation was long. Just trying to clarify things.

Once I have my cruise booked through my TA, I take the booking number I get from him and immediately go to the Carnival website and enter it into my bookings.

That way I'm sure it is there with Carnival and ship, date, cabin is all correct. I don't trust anybody! :cool:

OP- you mention you were given cabin numbers. You should also have been given booking numbers. If not that's a problem right there.

Wow I am confused. A Guarantee room is where you pay and Carnival lets you know close to sailing what cabin you will be in. A request can be made but it is not a sure thing.

When we book with our TA, we let her know our choices (first choice, second choice, etc) for a specific cabin. So in effect our TA does choose our cabin.

The couple of times we have booked Guarantee, one was so close to sailing we got the exact two triple-cabins we wanted and the other is still TBA on HAL.

I was a little confused by the "guarateed cabin also but, after reading further I think the OP means they have cabins that were assigned not the Carnival we pick it for you guarantee.

It might just be a use of words that is getting us confused on this.....;)

To the OP....tell your agent to earn their money and stop passing the buck. If you the TA and Carnival have the original booking numbers with the cabin assignments then let Carnival and your TA hash it out and upgrade or do whatever it takes to honor the original booking.....

In July one member of our group going on the Ectasy booked connecting rooms. BTW yes we are using a TA. When the TA contacting Carnival for deposit payment. Carnival applied the deposit to only one cabin, so when final payment was made, we got told the connecting cabins were not available because of this mix up. Seems there is already someone in that second cabin. Carnival said they will not move them...even though this was Carnivals mistake! Our family member was told they could be moved to have two cabins side by side, but they are traveling with younger kids so this isn't really feasible (hence the need for connecting cabins) My TA keeps trying to work with Carnival on this but Carnival is not budging and Carnival will not talk me or the family member since we used a TA...Any suggestions?

OK... I am just trying to understand. You said in a later thread there were 8 cabins.

If I were a TA....when I booked 8 cabins for a customer....I would have 8 booking numbers (with the cabin numbers specifically attached to each booking number)....right?

So....I am wondering why the TA did not catch it immediately ????

Which makes me wonder if the TA gave Carnival some bad info???

(not saying they did....just wondering out loud)

I guess this is why I always book with Carnival directly, I myself have 5 cabins booked on Ecstasy for Feb. 6. and 2 of those are adjoining with a door.It was a little complicated getting all rooms close and in the right names, but working with Carnival directly seemed to get it right.I think you should talk with Carnival because they need to see where the problem happened and they will have all the correct info. that was given to them.

Im sorry to hear about your mix up..But why didnt the TA notice back in july that they only had one booking number with one cabin? How many deposits where suppose to be made? Did all dep go thru?[/quote

There were deposits placed on a total of 8 cabins. We are family members meeting up in Galveston from all over the country...North Carolina, Illinois and California. The family member got a notice from the TA that has two cabin numbers on. Interesting I know. It wasn't until final payment was made that someone at Carnival caught the mistake. The TA that is being used is here in North Carolina. Now, Carnival had the information for a family of 5...took the deposits for 5 people with 2 being in one room and 3 in the second.. These were suppose to be quarenteed rooms so they had to put down a larger deposit. I think the family members part was close to $1000 deposit...Like I said, they are paying for two people in one room and are only getting a "third person" charge for the second room. Since Carnival will not talk to us because we used a TA we can only go by what the TA tells us....Is there any way I can make Carnival talk to me??

After reading all your postings, the TA is at fault.Tell the TA that you want the 2 rooms as shown on the receipt and you will settle for nothing less.If they don't provide those two cabins or a similar substitution,you will file in small claims court. Forget CCL as they don't work for you.The TA works for you,is earning money from you so the buck stops at them.

You must go in,in person with that paper showing the cabin numbers.

Now you must be able to show damages,so a certified letter must be mailed as well and then you must be willing to fork out more money for the same or next available catagoty with a connecting door.That additional expense are your damages and they are compensatable.

nannersmom - If your TA isn't returning immediately, as the Travel Agency Manager to look at the booking and set-up a three-way conference call with Carnival. Have all your documentation & confirmations handy. Also check MyReservation on Carnival.com for any info that might be there.

FYI - The standard Carnival deposit for a 5-Day Cruise is $200pp (regardless of how many per cabin or how many cabins), which sounds like what you have. This would apply for any (non-group) booking. BTW, the total CruiseFare would normally be different/Less for 5 people in one cabin (since the extra three would be at the usually lower 3rd, 4th and 5th PAX rate) would be than for two in one cabin and three in another cabin.

Some of the confusion from readers is your use of the work "guaranteed". In Carnival-Speak "Guarantee" is the specific Booking-type where Carnival selects your cabin for you, (in which case you might not yet have those cabin assignments) and there's no guarantee/liklihood that they'd be adjoining! I believe you're using the term "Guarantee" to indicate that you selected the cabins at booking and are therefore guaranteed to get those those cabins - these are more better called "assigned" bookings. Don't mis-use the "Guarantee" terminology when talking between TA/Carnival or you'll confuse things.

Post the results of your conference? If TA won't set it up (in which case I'd be assuming the TA is Guilty) you can probably get a Carnival supervisor to set one up, but hopefully you won't have to go to that extreme step!

Good Luck - ken

FYI - The standard Carnival deposit for a 5-Day Cruise is $200pp (regardless of how many per cabin or how many cabins), which sounds like what you have. Good Luck - ken

Ken from earlier posts ... the OP said the confusion came in with the lower group deposits for guaranteed cabins, then the ones added on for the non guaranteed cabins. The TA got lower group deposits on the guarantees.

This does sound to me like the TA messed up and is responsible for not catching the problem earlier ... now is blaming it on Carnival when the TA should have been checking the booking and noticed the problem. Ultimately this is the TAs problem to fix and they are just trying to blame Carnival.

nannersmom-

I used to work in Customer Service for a cruise line. It sounds like your TA messed up, there are things that she could do to try and get them (the other guests) to move to another cabin.

Good luck, I hope it works out well for you all.

Make the TA get you in touch with Carnival. If everything is as you explained, they should help you out and make it right. If not, then they can at least explain their side of the story. If the family of 5 wants one cabin, ask for the Owner's Suite: 1 king, 1 queen pull-out in 1000 square feet. I assume that the kids are small, or they wouldn't mind them being in a cabin next door.

Archived