BOARDING TIME and NOTICE IN ON-LINE CHECK IN

kstmbjm

When I printed my SetSail pass, there was the following statement:

"Boarding time is listed on your SetSail Pass. Your ship must complete an immigration clearance process from the previous sailing, therefore, do not arrive early for check-in."

When I looked to see what time my SetSail Pass said, it says 2:00.

I was planning on being at the pier at around 11:00 and was looking forward to boarding at around this time. In fact, I made the decision to fly in a day early and stay in a motel overnight just so I could be on board early in the day.

Does anyone have any advice? Is this statement on the SetSail pass a "boilerplate" statement or does it mean that I really won't be allowed on board until 2:00.

Thanks if anyone has any experience with this. I should say I'm sailing aboard the Liberty of the Seas and leaving out of Miami.

It is typical for "official" boarding time to be listed as 2:00pm. They do this for two reasons: They do not want everybody showing up at 11:00am and in case there is a delay with the prior sailing arriving or clearing customs, they don't want people getting angry at noon when they are not allowing anybody to board.

That said most of the time the ships are ready for boarding around 11:00am and they will not turn you away if you show up then and they are ready to start boarding people. You can feel free to ignore the 2:00pm time.

What is the 'true' boarding time for Adventure - she sails late and docs say 5:30 boarding- what time do people really get on?

Just guessing but here it goes

For a 5pm sailing they have 2pm official boarding time, or a 3 hour difference, but they allow (in most cases) ~11am boarding, a 6 hour difference,

so, for 5:30pm official boarding time, I would guess ~2:30pm is the actual time they will start boarding barring any unforseened circumstances.

What is the 'true' boarding time for Adventure - she sails late and docs say 5:30 boarding- what time do people really get on?

We were in line to board around 11:00...they opened the doors for security about 11:30 and we were onboard by 11:45...from what I've read here that is about average for San Juan sailings...

I've always wondered why they say 2PM when they start serving lunch in the Windjammer at 11:30 AM. We dropped our family off at 11:15 AM on 12/12 and they were on board in 15 minutes. We got back after dropping the car off, and at 12:30 PM the line was 1 block long to get into the building!!! This was in Ft. Lauderdale.

We always go around 11-ish.

I've always wondered why they say 2PM when they start serving lunch in the Windjammer at 11:30 AM.

Just as hotels have a say 4 PM check in time, you most likely will be able to get into your room much sooner, and the same with cruise ships.

If they state you can board by 11 am and they for some reason is late into port, immigration does not go as expected etc., they will have tons of people complaining. At least with another 3 hours they are giving themself more time to get ready.

We have done Adventure two times, and both times were onboard eating lunch by noon.

Archived